Chapter 6: Part II

"Have fun", Nate said getting off the couch and heading into the kitchen.

"Yay. You get to go, now let's go get you ready", Casey said jumping ecstatically then running up to my room.

"You were supposed to say no", I whispered at Nate.

"Why would I do that?"

"I already told her. I didn't bother to ask you because I already knew you would say no, or so I thought. It was supposed to get me out of this whole ordeal", I said trying to keep my voice down.

"I think I can trust you not slip back into you old habits, so go have fun and be back before one; usually I would say twelve but I don't want to ruin your social life by making you leave a party so early...well not yet", he said with a crooked smile.

"Oh aren't you the thoughtful brother", I said crossing my arms

"Nicole come up here we have to get you ready", I heard Casey scream from upstairs.

"Better go kiddo, wouldn't want to look ugly for your first high school party of the semester", he said tussling my hair. I stuck my tongue out at him and left. I got to my room and was greeted by a very giddy and hyper Casey holding up a whole outfit for me in one hand and a very hot curling iron in the other.

"Take it easy there. Put the outfit down and unplug that weapon."

"Oh ha-ha very funny. So I was thinking you could wear this and I could curl you hair", she said holding up the pink frilly dress my mother had bought me before I left. It was her way for saying, "Sorry I fucked up half your life, here take this dress you probably hate." I don't know why I brought that along, should've just thrown it away in the nearest trash can.

"No to the dress and the iron. I'll just change my shirt and we'll go", I said waking towards my dresser. Casey frowned at the idea, but decided not to fight me on it.

"Fine lets just go, it's already eight forty five", she said taking out her car keys. I quickly threw my shirt on and we were off.

"Do you even know who's throwing the party", I asked as we pulled up to a giant house with extremely loud music and a couple of people stumbling out of it; clearly drunk.

"It's Tyler's house, silly. He told me to bring you. He was to shy to ask you himself", she said taking the keys out of the ignition and stepping out. Oh God no, what if Tyler try to make his move on me. I don't wanna hurt the guy and he was, still is my best friend despite what he said earlier today which I was still sour about.

"Nicole, you coming", Casey said tapping on the window. I swallowed the knot that had formed in my throat and stepped out. Upon entering the house the smell of alcohol and sweat immediately entered my nose stinging my nostrils. What was probably a living room became a room for a tone of teens to make out on. It was like an stew of teen hormones, sweat, alcohol, and probably some other drug I couldn't quite identity. I let Casey lead the way, since I had never been to Tyler's house before. She led through what I'm guessing was the dining room since there was an empty table. Well not really empty because there were a bunch of drunk girls dancing on it. We finally got to the kitchen were Tyler was bringing in a keg.

"Hey ladies nice of you to show up. Want a beer", he said handing us two red cups. I guess there was no point in saying no.

"Oh there's Tristan, my soon to be boyfriend after this party. Excuse me while I go mingle", Casey said walking off to meet who I'm guessing was Tristan.

"Not much of a partier, are you Nicole", Tyler said.

"Not any more", I responded looking at my cup swirling around the beer.