Chapter 20: The Big Date and The Aftermath That Followed

"Casey I am freaking out", I said as soon as she answered her phone.

"Why? Did Tyler hurt you again. Girl, I thought you were gonna end it with him."

"I did, which by the way did not end well." As soon as I told Tyler we were done he went off on me. Telling me I was ungrateful and that I was just breaking up with him so I could go mess around with Ryder. That earned him a knee to the chest. I left him on the ground huddled over in pain which brought me more satisfaction than usual.

"Then what's the problem?"

"I have a date with Ryder and I have no idea what to wear." I still couldn't believe this had become an issue. I went from hating the kid to nearly falling head over heels for him. Last time I saw him, he brought Dylan who made us promise to set aside all our hate until after the date. I found it odd but cute that Ryder told him everything.

"Sounds like you need me", she said.

"Yes please", I practically begged.

"Okay, be there in ten...five if I ignore the speed limit signs", she said hanging up. I paced around my room completely stressed. As soon as I heard the faintest knock I bolted downstairs and pushed Nate out of the way. I opened the door and pulled Casey in and up to my room passing Nate once again.

"Jesus Nicole what's your rush", he yelled.

"She has a date", Casey said stopping half way up the stairs.

"With who, Tyler?"

"No, Ryder", Casey said opening her mouth once again.

"Oh really? Well I'm gonna have to meet this guy", he screamed as I shut my door.

"You couldn't keep your mouth closed? I'm already stressing about this date and now I have to worry about my over protective brother approving it", I asked sitting down on my bed.

"Nicole just breathe. Now do you know where Ryder is taking you?"

"No, that's why I'm stressing. If I knew I would already be dressed. He's gonna be here at 7 and it's 6:30."

"Okay I know what to do. We'll curl your hair and I'll pick out the perfect outfit for any date", she happily said plugging in my curling wand. I waited a few minutes for it to heat up and began curling my hair. I looked over at Casey who seemed to be having fun tearing my closet apart. When my hair was done I began on my makeup. I decided to stay simple and just did your basic cover up, blush and mascara. When I was finally content with my results I looked back over to Casey, who actually managed to pick out the perfect outfit. It was a dark purple chiffon dress that stopped right about the knee and it was flowy, I never really enjoyed form fitting dresses. She then paired the dress with my gladiator sandals and added a white belt at my waist. Somehow she had found the girly clothes I had hidden in a box. I didn't feel like fighting her on the choice so I willingly put it on. I actually like how I looked in it and gave Casey a thumbs up.

"I don't know why you don't dress like that more often", Casey said as I examined myself more closely in the mirror. I simply shrugged my shoulders in response and she gave me a "don't give me that excuse" face. Shortly after I heard a knock at the door. I wanted to run downstairs but my feet weren't used to sandals so it slowed me down a bit. By the time Casey and I got downstairs Nate and Ryder were already talking up a storm. He even charmed my brother, wow this guy was good.

"Nicole you didn't tell me your date was such a catch. Actually reminds me of a younger me", Nate said blowing my attempt at quietly sneaking in. Ryder's attention quickly turned to me and I think he was actually checking me out. I didn't see why, I mean I was showing more skin than usual but Ryder had already seen me in my track clothes.