Chapter 1: California Here I Come

Rule #1: No jerks, pricks, douche bags, or bad boys allowed.

Rule #2: Focus on school. No More Boys. Put Heart-Breaker Nicole Away

Rule #3: Don't tell anyone about your life before Cali.

Rule #4: Don't let anyone into your heart, you'll always get hurt. (The most important rule of them all.)

****

"What do you have there Nicole", Nate said trying to look at the notes on my iPod.

"Oh, it's nothing, well it is something it's just none of your business". I said quickly locking my iPod.

"Let's go get our bags and get out of here, I hate airports", he said heading towards the machine spinning everybody's bags. Which by the way seemed very unsanitary. What if someone packed a sheet with bed bugs and if the bed bugs get out and into everybody's bags we might have a bed bug epidemic.

"Nicole let's go", Nate said holding our two identical black gym bags which now served as luggage carriers. I walked over to him and he led the way out to his car.

"How are we going to tell which bag is yours and which ones mine", he asked putting them in the trunk.

"Easy I painted a mocking jay on the side of mine."

"Nicole Marie Smith you are such a nerd", my brother said tousling my hair.

"Eyes on the road", I told him. He seemed to focus his attention more on an imaginary beach than the road. I say imaginary because the only thing I was seeing were big brown mountains and a giant city covered in a fog of pollution.

"I now it doesn't look like how I described it just yet, but just watch one we exit this freeway it'll be sun and sand I promise", he said letting his hands off the wheel gesturing to the open road.

"Nate keep both arms on the wheel", I screamed.

"Jeeze Nicole, you're worse than when I left for college, always thinking the worst." I ignored his comment and just leaned on my left arm looking out the window. Although I hated to admit it, Nate was right. Once we got off the freeway and made a couple of turns the beach came out of hiding. My hopes for this place were high. We finally arrived to his place and it over looked the whole beach and sat almost at the edge of the mountain. I couldn't imagine how expensive his place was, I mean it had a view that millions would kill for.

"Are you rich or something", I asked as we entered his place.

"No, well not yet, my new job has me starting well. Right after I graduated in June, when dad moved you away, I was offered a really good job and I took it. It took me only a few months to get the down payment for this place. Made sure it had two bedrooms and two bathrooms just in case I wanted a roommate, but now I have something better, my family." His words helped me remember that I did have family, even if was just my brother. He let me explore the house and I assumed that the room with all the boxes was mine.

"Well I hope you like it here, wouldn't want you to go back with dad."

"Are you kidding, this is amazing I love it."

"Good then you won't be mad when I tell you the shipping company lost a box containing your clothes."

"They lost what?"

"At least you have that gym bag with clothes and they're for winter so you're good for a weeks or so. I already called and they're going to pay for everything that was lost, so you'll soon have shopping money."

"I hate shopping, you know that."

"I know that's why I said it. I'm your brother I have to be fucked up sometimes", he said with a smirk.

"Well, I'll leave you to unpack", he said leaving the room.

"You're not going to help me?"

"Nope." Classic Nate always had to be a jerk after being nice. I guess it was his way of showing he cares. I was so glad I packed all my undergarments in a separate box. That's the one thing I despise shopping for. Random guys that have no business being in Victoria's Secret just go in and stare at you. I swear one even faked working there just so they could 'help' women find the perfect bra. Just thinking about it made me shiver in disgust.

----------

Author's Note: I decided to start a new story. TTF got a little boring for me, plus I was having serious writer's block. I don't know if I'm going to finish it, hopefully I will. I will try to update each week because I have a smart phone that lets me type from anywhere so yay. :D

Updated A/N:
Hello my lovelies. I have begun the process of editing. Looking back I can see my writing choices are very...well bad. I was reading through it and saw a lot of things didn't match up with what I hadpreciously written or it had a lot of spelling errors so I've re-written some parts, hopefully making it less confusing.