Chapter 3: Out In The Rain

As soon as I left the locker room, I headed back to the office to gather my janitorial supplies. I waited for Ryder to come back, but he never did. If kissing him was all it took for him to stay away I would've done it a lot sooner. I really should've waited to kiss him after we finished cleaning. Now I had to do it all by myself. I made my way to the cafeteria and finished up there, then I turned my focus to the buildings by the gym. That place was full of old wrappers, dirty shirts, abandoned textbooks and the occasional contraceptive.

"People are so disgusting and these bags are so heavy. Stupid bad boy, stupid detention, stupid principle", I mumbled to myself as I picked up the two trash bags I ended up filling.

"Need some help?" I felt Marcus rest his hands on my shoulders and feel his breath hit my neck. My stupid reaction led to the trash bags hitting the floor and opening up. Before I knew the trash was all over the place...again.

"Sh!t", I exclaimed. I dropped the tattered bag ends and kneeled down to start the clean uo once again.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare. Don't worry I'll help you clean it up", he said grabbing more trash bags and a broom.

"Thanks", I told him trying to avoid eye contact. I knew if I looked at him directly I would begin to blush, mostly because of the sinful thoughts that currently ruled my brain. I may be off boys, but that doesn't mean I can't think about them. I don't blush like normal girls who get light rosy cheeks no I turn red like of someone has just slapped me. So yeah have to avoid that. With the two of us working, I was able to finish the job faster than the first time, which meant I was this much closer to finally going home.

"All done", he said tying the last trash bag up.

"Thanks again", I told him grabbing one of the trash bags.

"Here, I'll carry that", he said taking both.

"You don't have to do that."

"Yeah, but I want to, okay well I don't but I want to do it for you", he admitted. Let the blushing begin. I couldn't help but notice how he picked up both bags with ease. Each muscle in his body flexed and just popped. Oh what a sight. When we got tot he big dumpsters the stench of old school food and rotten milk hit us both like a slap to the face.

"Throw them in I can't stand the smell much longer", I complained pinching my nose shut.

"You think I do", he said throwing the last bag in. On the way back I could sense Marcus starring at me. At first I didn't know why l, at first I thought I had gotten something spilled on me or I just really smelled but then I remembered what I was wearing.

"Take a picture it'll last longer", I finally said breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry, its just that's you're very pretty, gorgeous even", he said. Oh God, I hate that line. Part of me wanted to buy everything he was selling, but my old self new it was all an act. Well, if he wanted to play, might as well.

"Thank you, and I'm still waiting on that tour around campus."

"Let's do it right now", he said grabbing my hand and leading the way. He spent a bunch of the time stuttering and making up facts. The only reason I knew that is because I had received a quick tour by some boring leadership student during school. I honestly had enough knowledge to avoid getting lost but I didn't want to sit in class for a good 2 hours listening to an old man fight off death whilst lecturing about the civil war.

"Won't your bad boy boyfriend get mad that you're here with me", was the only thing I managed to catch.

"Don't bring up that pathetic excuse for a bad boy, he is not affiliated with me in any way."