Chapter 11: The Bad Boy's Soft Side

"Let's go out to the beach, you live right by the pier anyways", Casey said over the phone.

We haven't spent anytime together outside of school ever since I was a third wheel. It seemed everywhere we went Tristan was there. Don't get me wrong I was glad their relationship was going great, but I needed some girl time and desperately. As her relationship blossomed, mine seemed to be dying down, worst part was, I knew its my fault. Every invitation from Tyler I always turned down and I think he's beginning to get tired of the whole "taking things slow."

"Oh you could invite Tyler and I'll take Tristan, like a whole double date thing", she said snapping me back to reality and away from my deep thought.

"I was with you until the whole double date thing."

"Oh come on, don't neglect poor little Tyler. I know you like Ryder and before you cut me off or click just hear me out. Tyler really likes you, don't hurt the poor guy and I know deep down you like him. Just give him a chance." No matter how much I tried to prove her wrong, Casey was right, she was the moral compass I desperately needed.

"Okay fine, I'll call Tyler. We'll meet you at the pier in like an hour." She practically shrieked from joy into the phone.

"Great now I lost all hearing in my right ear", I said hanging up. Now to call Tyler. Sadly, I didn't have the guts to call him so I settled for a text.

Me: Wanna go out to the pier?

Tyler: Just the two of us ;)

Me: No, with Casey and Tristan

Tyler: So like a double date

Me: Yup :)

Tyler: Okay I'm in...

I did live a short drive from the pier so I lagged when getting ready. I'm pretty sure I racked up about a hundred dollars in water bill alone. I stood in the hot shower for the longest time, doing nothing but standing. I took Nate turning off the hot water to get me out. As soon as it turned cold I practically jumped out of the shower. I quickly changed and rushed to my room to see if I could anything with my hair. I had no time to curl it so I just dried if off and straightened it. I was about to put on my eye liner when stupid Nate banged on my door and startled me making me smear it halfway down my face. I let out a breath of frustration and went to open the door.

"What do you want", I said wiping the eyeliner off my cheek.

"Nice makeup", he teased.

"Shut up, this is your fault anyways."

"Well I just came to tell you, this Tyler kid is hear for you." I nodded and shut the door. Crap, now I have like zero time to get ready. I quickly put on my eyeliner followed by some blush. Satisfied, but not happy I went downstairs.

"Well you look nice", Tyler said as he saw me. I thanked him with a hug and we were off. Not before Nate issued a stern warning not to have me back home late or knock me up. That's when my face flushed red and Tyler just laughed.

"Your brother is funny", Tyler said as we got in the car.

"Yeah you don't live with him 24/7."

"Would seem like fun. Remember I'm an only child?"

"Right, how is that", I asked as he stated to drive.

"Pretty okay I guess. I don't have to share anything and my parents pretty much spoil me, but it can get lonely at times. Like no one to tease or fight with."

"Well you can have mine."

"Nah, I don't wanna be selfish. Keep him." I laughed at his response, which made him smile.