Chapter 16: Maybe it's better this way.

This wasn't a break up, so why was did it feel like one. My whole so-called split ruined my whole week. I tried everything to get it, him, out of my head. I even resorted to calling Tyler up and inviting him over. I needed some type of comfort and Casey was too blunt and level headed at times to offer some type of support. At least Tyler could cuddle me...hopefully he wouldn't try anything. Not wanting to look frumpy in Tyler's eyes I took a quick shower and changed into my favorite pair of jeans and a comfy shirt. Surprisingly I managed to pull it off, which was weird since I had a natural talent for making trends look ugly on me.

I waited around in my living room, channel surfing and throwing the remote on the air and trying to catch it , which I failed miserably at. The longer time I spent alone in the house the more my mind began to float back to Ryder. I began to miss him more and more, everything about him, even his bipolar attitude. Thankfully the knock at the door finally came. I ran to the door and happily answered it. Instead of greeting Tyler, he greeted me with a kiss. As soon an I opened the door and his lips immediately met mine. Instead of fighting him off, I welcomed his advances for once. Maybe it's what I needed to help me get over my knight in shining armor.

"I want you Nicole and only you", he said in between kisses. Usually the girl is the mushy one, but then again I wasn't one to fall head over heels for a guy. I didn't reply back which seemed to hurt him a little so I choked out a phrase every guy wants to hear, "All I want is you, I need you." It did the job, he went right back to kissing me, I noticed he had gotten better at it almost as pro and I liked it. It made me want more of him and pretty soon my phrase became the truth.

In no time, Tyler had me up against the wall and my legs wrapped around his waist and my comfy shirt was no longer on me and neither was his. Thankfully I was still in control of my hormones and I managed to keep Tyler from slipping off my bra, but I didn't know how long I could hold him off.

As much as I was enjoying him, it had to stop. I didn't want to further what was going on for my own reasons, which were that I just wasn't ready to take that step in this relationship. I feel like I had just ended one and I was just using him. I don't know how Tyler would feel about me using him, but I guessed he wouldn't like it.

"Maybe we should slow down, just a bit", I said pulling him away.

"Funny, I was just thinking we should thinking we should speed things up", he said quickly smashing his lips back onto mine and carrying me over to the couch where he lied on top of me and continued his web of kisses. My mind began to trail off and I let him take control as he trailed kisses down to my stomach. As soon as I felt him tug on the button of my jeans I sat up.

"Slow down there player", I said crossing my legs. He knew exactly what it meant, he wasn't getting anything else and it pissed him off.

"You're such a c*ck tease", he said in a firm voice. Of course I took it to offense so I threw the closest thing I could grab which was a pillow.

"If I can resist you, even while you're shirtless then you can resist me." It was true, he had abs for days, so amazing, not as good as the bad boy's but they were up there. I couldn't help but compare. He quickly lit up and was once again happy with me. Before we could kiss and make up there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it", I said jumping up and running to the door. I completely forgot I was shirtless until after I opened the door.

"Well don't you look hot. Let me ask, were you expecting me", Ryder said as his eyes examined every part of me. Shocked and embarrassed I hid behind the door and only popped my head out.

"Leave bad boy I'm busy."

"You don't look busy", he replied. I rolled my eyes at his response and almost opened the door so he could see Tyler, but something in me felt guilty. Like if I was cheating, so I decided to keep the door as it was.