Chapter 10: Need A Ride?

I don't know why the note bothered me, it just did and not knowing why it bothered me bothered me even more. Of course having history as my first class this morning meant I saw Ryder. Maybe if I was lucky he went back and got badly beat up and wasn't going to show his face today. When I got to history class I was happy to see me partner absent. I gladly took my seat and hoped for the best. No Ryder, no drama. Half way into the class I began to doze off. I was really beginning to regret skipping out on the sleep. It wasn't really my fault, my brain kept saying, "Go to sleep Nicole", but my heart argued back saying, "No Nicole, go into deep thought about a certain bad boy." Guess which one I ended up listening too. After a few minutes of scribbling in my notebook trying to stay awake, I gave up. I put my arms on the desk and created a pillow for my head. I was at the back of the class, the teacher will never notice me.

"Well, well, the elusive student has come to join us. Please take your seat", I heard the teacher say as I began to doze off. I didn't bother looking up because frankly I didn't care. All I cared about at that moment was taking a nap. Even five minutes would help.

"Are you sure you wanna take a nap around me princess", a familiar, yet annoying voice said as its owner took a seat next to me. I lifted my head up and looked at his stupid face smirking at me. Part of me wanted to tell him to f*ck off and ignore him, but the other part wanted to know how he was doing. Not wanting to give him full control over me I gave him a disapproving look and turned my attention back towards the board.

"You mad princess", he said grabbing a strand of my hair and tugging it.

"No why would I", I responded in a cool calm tone waving his hand away.

"Because I left all unexpected yesterday. I figured you'd want an explanation."

"Look you said don't talk about it, so I'm not, plus I don't care."

"Wow, I'm surprised. You're actually doing what you're told. I like a girl who listens", he said running his fingers down my back. I shrugged him off.

"What, you don't like it?"

"No, now stop", I said. Naturally he didn't listen, so I looked over at the cup of coffee he had placed on his desk. It was within reaching distance so I used my pencil to tip it over. Ryder didn't notice until the steaming coffee flowed onto his lap.

"Ahh", he yelled standing up to avoid anymore damage.

"Whoops, sorry it was an accident."

"You bitch", he practically screamed.

"Mr. Daniels care to explain your sudden outburst", Mr. Jackson said already red with anger for disrupting his lesson.

"It was my fault. I accidently knocked over his coffee. Sorry", I said apologetically, yet Ryder knew I wasn't being sincere, but it didn't matter because the teacher believed me so he dismissed Ryder to clean up and had me clean up the mess.

"Go clean up bad boy", I teased as we went in separate directions after we left the class. I quickly went to go get the paper towels and rushed back to class. I didn't want to get in any more trouble. Believe me I had enough detention this past month. Unfortunately my plan of getting back quickly was ruined when the office told me they ran out and so did the bathrooms. I had to chase down the janitor, who by the way was being stingy and only gave one. I had to take a few while he wasn't looking.

I made my way back to class, while I was getting there I passed a certain quote unquote couple, sucking face. That bad boy seems to be addicted to that girl. Surprisingly it didn't bother. Maybe it was because I was getting over whatever feelings I harvested for that boy or maybe it was something else. I decided not to over think it and went back to class. When I got there Mr. Jackson asked me about the whereabouts of Ryder.