Chapter 24: Nightmares vs Reality

After my little talk with Tyler I was shut in for the rest of the day without food or water. He was torturing me, making me weak so I wouldn't try escaping anymore, but Ryder left that's all that I think about. Getting out made sure Ryder didn't have to fight because I knew that this fight would end up with one dead body. Knowing what was at steak, Ryder was willing to throw the fight and loose just so I would be safe. But why? Why does he feel so strongly for me? I did nothing but push him away, except on the night of our first date. I finally let him in, big mistake. Now whether he looses or wins one of us ends up loosing. If Ryder wins I lose my life, if he looses, he loses his life. There has to be a way so that he doesn't end up hurt. I managed to keep Dylan safe, now I have to save the bad boy.

"Nicole, it's me again", Tyler said walking in, "Listen, I feel really bad about keeping you locked up all day in here so I've decided to take you out."

"You're gonna kill me? I guess I am pretty expendable. Okay make it quick", I said closing my eyes waiting for a gun to go off.

"No, I mean like out as have fun on the town. You know like when we were best friends in middle school, remember when we used to ditch school and hang all day in the arcade trying to get the high score on pacman."

"Don't remind me about my best friend, he's dead now. I barely know who you are and let me tell you, your first impression wasn't the best", I said avoiding eye contact. The reality of my ex-best friend was a cold blooded, double-crossing, fight club owner was to much to bare. I was about to start the water works when the guards came in to take me away. I was shoved into a limo with black tinted windows where Tyler was already waiting. As soon as I was in, his chauffeur began to drive.

"What the hell are you up to?"

"You see I have made a new, more improved plan, now that Dylan is gone. Knowing you and Ryder, you two will make a pact the day you see him, where he wins and you manage to escape somehow and I obviously lose and like I told you before...I don't like loosing", he said as he popped open a Champaign bottle. He poured two glasses then offered one to me, well more like forced it on me.

"Are you going to hide me away until after the fight. I hope you don't because I'll probably escape and rat you and your little band of criminals out", I said throwing the glass out the window. The sound of the shattering glass created a smirk on my face that clearly angered Tyler.

"Of course not, you're just gonna tell Ryder your fine and I let you go because in reality you were always mine and always cheering for me."

"You're insane and on every drug imaginable if you think I'm going to say that", I scoffed.

"Actually you're the one who's crazy if you don't do what I say. Do you want to know why? Well you see Dylan really isn't free, let alone safe. My guys have him and his entire family under surveillance 24/7 and all I have to do is say the word and you can kiss them all goodbye", he said showing me a video monitor that showed Dylan and his family in their home going by their daily routines, unaware of what was really going on.

"No don't, I'll-I'll do it. Just don't hurt them", I said as tears filled my eyes.

"That's my girl, come here", he said grabbing my hand.

"Don't touch me. You're sick and I hope you rot in jail for this", I said moving as far away from him as possible.

"You're mad now, but you'll come around", he said with a smile that worried me, "Now go on and do what you were told, oh and in case you try to add something take this", he said handing me an ear piece.

"Now I'll be able to hear you and you'll be able to hear me", he said looking around for a glimpse of Ryder and when he did he pushed me out of the car whispering directions in my ear. There it was, just a few feet away, my house. I could easily run in, call the cops and free myself, but my freedom meant the demise of many and that was a risk I wasn't going to take.