Chapter 4: Victory

That night the rain kept me up. Who knew it rained by the beach? I lay in bed tossing and turning about the earlier incident. My shameful relapse was not something to be about and my mind decided now was the perfect time to recall today's earlier events. I'm usually good with stopping myself and if it weren't for Nate's call, I'm pretty sure my actions would have been anything but holy. Oh God, Nicole what are you thinking this guy is a total douche bag bad boy that everyone girl dies for. He's just another cliché people make movies about and girls fantasize over. He probably just covers it up and he's probably a secret nerd or something. The idea of Ryder wearing glasses, carrying text books and getting bullied gave me late night chuckles which I fought to hold back. I would pay to see that. After my little laughing ordeal, I tried a second time to fall alseep but that wasn't happening. I grabbed my phone to see what time was. Midnight great and I have school tomorrow. Six periods meant a block schedule, meaning 1,2, & 3 one day and 4,5, & 6 the other. Over 120 minutes in each class. Two hours with Ryder and Marcus, individually of course.

First day of school and I already hated people. Maybe the next day was going to be better. That's when it hit me, I have detention tomorrow. Great just great and all because of Ryder. Since sleep wasn't an option for me tonight, I took this time to plan my revenge. I grabbed my notebad and a flashlight and began the brainstorm of a life time. Nothing could stop the powerhouse within my skill.

"Nicole, up now", Nate screamed from the other side of my door. Eventually I forced my eyes open and sat up. I don't remember falling asleep. I checked my phone to see if the alarm went off. 7:30, I'm screwed. I grabbed whatever clothes I could find, brushed my hair, then rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth, no time to pee today. I ran out the door skipping breakfast and rushed into Nate's car. I looked at my phone again 7:40. I only took ten minutes, how? Didn't matter though we hit traffic and I was going to be late anyway. By the time I got to school it was already 8:25, so there was no need to rush it.

"I would give you detention, but you're new and this is your first time so go on", the office lady said handing me a little blue peice of paper labeled unexcused tardy. I'll just tell Nate this is why I had detention. I was already late so stopping by my locker was no big issue, but when I turned the corner I saw Ryder standing by it. Please don't tell me his locker is next to mine. No one had to tell me I saw him open his locker. I turned on my heels and headed towards US History before he could spot me.

"Princess, didn't think you were gonna come. I was beginning to think I scared you off", he mocked walking towards me.

"It takes more than an idiot bad boy like you to scare me off", I said being in no mood to talk to him.

"Is someone mad? Want me to make you feel better", he said putting his hands on my hips.

"Not today, not ever", I said moving his hands away from me.

"You seemed to enjoy it yesterday", he yellled as I walked away. I kept silent and kept my pace.

"Everyone makes mistakes, stupid, disgusting mistakes", I said turning around to face him.

"Ouch that hurt. You got me this time princess", he said putting his hand over his heart

"Oh please like you have a heart." He said something I didn't catch and didn't bother to make out. I got to US history and where the lovelt talk of the day was taking place. US tragedies of that time period always makes my days brighter.

I handed the teacher my slip and sat down at an empty desk in the back. It was the only empty seat so I really had no choice. I noticed the desk right next to it had a backpack next to it, which seemed rather familiar. Oh no it can't be, I thought to myself.