Chapter 13: Who pulls the strings?

Author's Note:

I found the time to update, I've been able to keep up with school work, so I'm allowed to use my computer like for thirty minutes. I know, it's like I'm ten right? Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

-----------------

Nate finally trusted me enough with my own car and on that Monday morning he handed me the keys to my new used car. Turns out his new playmate is a car saleswoman and he got a steal on my Chrysler 200. Perfect timing because I needed somewhere to hide the paint. I told Nate I was going to be late so he wrote a letter excusing my tardy. I wasn't really but I needed to skip a class to do my evil deed.

I finally arrived at school and parked a block away from school. Since I had no parking pass yet, I couldn't park in the student parking lot. I waited in my car for the clock to turn 8:30. By now everyone was in class including the tardy stragglers. I grabbed the paint bucket and ran to the parking lot, looking for Ryder's car. I found it, at first I couldn't find it in myself to empty the paint on his car. Until I noticed the empty bottle of ipecac. I needed that reminder, but instead of dumping the whole bucket, I grabbed a makeup brush and painted a streak down the middle of the hood of his car. It actually looked cool, sh!t I messed up. To try and "fix" it, I dipped the brush in the paint once again and painted a whole ring around his car. Eventually I threw the brush aside and dropped the paint all over his windshield.

"Perfect", I said standing back to admire my work. I walked back to my car and put the empty bucket away. I cleaned up and grabbed the note out of my bag. I walked, calmly and content with my evil deed. I handed the lady at the front desk my note and headed to class.

Since everyone had all six classes together meant I saw Ryder constantly, and I witness the face in him when he saw what happened to his car. I made it all way to third eithout Ryder noticing, but next was lunch and going out had become regular thing for him. When it came time for lunch, I followed Ryder to his car, discretely of course. By the time he got to his car, people were already crowded around it.

"Dude, who the hell did you piss off", some guy said as Ryder approached the scene of the crime.

"What the fu....what the hell happened to my car!"

"Must have pissed off a chick. Girls are the only ones crazy enough to mess with a guy's car", another student said. Almost instantaneously, Ryder looked up and began searching for someone specific, the culprit. That's my queue to leave. I tried to sneak off casually, but when I heard his screams coming closer, I made a dash for the girl's bathroom. This would be my safe haven for now.

I waited for what seemed like an eternity for Ryder to stop banging on the door. Finally when it became silent, I decided to go outside, totally ignoring my instincts to stay inside. I crept out, to find the janitor cleaning up am empty lunch quad.

"He left a while ago. Nothing to worry about. I chased him off, with my trusty mop and broom", she said giving me a warm smile. I gave her a polite smile and thanked her, then headed up to class. Stupid stairs why can't they make elevators for us lazy people. Running laps on a flat surface is fine, but walking up stairs I can't.

There were only a couple minutes left of 4th period so I stayed in the staircase and sat on the window sill waiting for time to run out. I regretted my decision as soon as I saw Ryder coming up the stairs. I hoped he hadn't seen me, but that was inevitable since he practically lunged at me. I tried to make a dash for the door, but he grabbed my wrist a jerked me back towards him and practically threw me up against the wall. It didn't hurt, but the impact made all the air leave my lungs.

"I'm guessing you don't like the new paint job", I managed to say as he pressed his body against mine making sure I couldn't escape his grasp.

"Your gonna pay for my car, you b!tch."