Gave it all up for a 'better man' beat me down but on the ground I stand

Once the clock struck three I got up and took a shower.

I changed into a black strapless bra with a pair of black spandex. I slid on a black dress that had a see through top and a skater skirt bottom. I slid on pair of black heeled knee high boots.

I dried my hair and pulled it into a fishtail braid. I added a bit of mascara and then slid on a pair of black circular sunglasses.

I grabbed a black purse and slid my phone and wallet inside before walking out.

As soon as I stepped out into the street I was startled by the sound of a camera shutter.

Here in the UK rock singers were a constant target for the paps. Especially if they could sell the exclusive to Kerrang! .

I hailed a taxi and sent Parker a quick text as we drove off.

Me:
Ill be there in ten

I placed my phone in my purse took out some money to pay for the ride.

Six minutes later we arrived at Rosie's Bakery. I paid the man and walked out.

I smiled to the regular cashier and walked over as I spotted Parker Cannon.

"Long time no see" Parker said and hugged me. "I needed some time for myself" I said and we sat down.

"What brings you to London?" I asked as we took a sip of our coffee's "Tour, we're here with Neck Deep and State Champs" Parker explained. "Ill stop by to say hello to the guys" I said. "How about you, when are you going back to the states?" Parker asked. "Not any time soon, I still have four months before our new albums gets released. We may do warped tour or mayhem but until then I'm saying here" I said. "Are you still with Max?" Parker asked and an awkward tension suddenly filled the room. "Y-yeah," I said looked down at my coffee," anyways what about you are you still with Ella?" I asked. "No after she moved to Morocco we just fell apart" Parker explained. "They'll be lots of girls on tour" I said and smiled.

After another hour of talking and catching up on our lives, Parker and I said our goodbyes and walked our separate ways.

I was on the train going back home when I received a message from Max.

Max:
Where are you?

Me:
I went out for some coffee.

Max:
With who?

Me:
By myself.

I had to lie to Max, he hated when I was alone with men. Even if they were old friends, he didn't care.

As I walked into my apartment I saw the lights out. I was meeting Alexa for dinner at eight. I had three hours to get ready.

(A/N:warning! The following passage will contain violence, you may skip to the end if you can't handle it)

"Do you think I'm stupid?" A voice asked behind me. I slowly turned around and faced Max. "I asked 'do you think I'm stupid?'" Max asked again. "W-why do you ask that?" I asked and took a step back. "I asked you who you got coffee with and you said..."Max said awaiting my answer. "With nobody" I said. "Why the fuck are you lying to me! " max shouted and grabbed a fistful of my hair. "Look at this! You were with Parker!" Max shouted and showed me the picture on his phone. Of Parker and I saying goodbye in front of Rosie's bakery. "Why were you with him?" Max asked. "He was in town and he wanted to meet up" I said.  "And so you lied to me?" Max asked and pushed me against a wall. "Why did you lie?" He asked," are you sleeping with him?" Max asked and grabbed me by the shoulders. "I asked are you fucking sleeping with him!" Max shouted and threw me back against the wall. 

"Answer me!" Max shouted and punched the wall next to my head. I drew in a quick breath as I saw the anger in his eyes. "No" I said quietly. "Bullshit! You probably are! You're such a whore Lyndsey! Such a fucking whore" he repeated and took a step back. "Shut up!" I said and stood up. "What'd you say?" He asked. "I said shut up! Ive never cheated on you, you on the other hand can't say the same!" I spat and then fell to the ground as Max's hand impacted my face. "Don't ever talk to me like that" Max whispered into my ear as he pulled my hair. He pushed me back and walked out the door.

How did I end up like this? How did I get into an abusive relationship? When did my life turn into hell

********************************
***********************************

Song used as title: Blame me- The pretty reckless

picture of Parker Cannon- lead singer of The Story So far