It hurts to hear your name, when I haven't seen you in so long

I stayed on the ground crying. Its sad to say that this wasn't the first he had hit me.

I slowly got up and walked to the bathroom. I took a shower and looked down at my arms. I would have bruises in the morning.

I was drying my hair when I got a message from Alexa.

Alexa:
Is dinner still going to happen?

If if didn't go she would know something's up and honestly I don't want to drag her into my problems... Not again.

Me:
Yes see you in an hour :)

I locked my phone and walked over to my dresser and slid on a pair of black panties with a matching lace bra. I slid on a black dress with long sleeves, the pencil skirt went down a little bit past my knees. I pulled my hair into a bun and added foundation and concealer to hide the bruise on my cheek. I added mascara, liquid eyeliner and blood red lipstick. I grabbed a silver clutch and placed my phone and credit card inside before slipping on my black pumps.

Before walking out I took a look in the mirror and smiled.

How easy it to put on a smile and act like my life is perfect.

I walked out and locked the door.

I got into my car and drove off to the restaurant where Alexa and I always had our chats.

I gave my keys to the valet parking and walked inside.

Smile! The little voice in my head was telling me as I walked past the other guests.

I finally spotted Alexa towards the back. She was wearing a nude colored sleeveless dress with nude colored heels. Her black hair was straightened and she was wearing very light makeup.

"Lynn!" Alexa exclaimed and hugged me. I winced quietly as she applied pressure to my bruises but quickly smiled as Alexa turned to face me. "Its been too long!" She exclaimed as we sat down.

"We have so much to talk about!" I exclaimed after we ordered our food. "Do you wanna start?" Alexa asked. "No you go, the excitement is going to kill you if you keep waiting" I said and laughed. "Okay" Alexa said as I took a sip of my water. "I went back to California last week" Alexa said," and guess who I saw there?" Alexa asked and I immediately knew who she was talking about it.

"Alexa please let's not talk about him" I said. "Don't you wanna know how he's doing?" Alexa asked. "No" I said. "He asked about you" Alexa said. "I don't wanna hear anymore" I said sternly. I watched as Alexa took a quick sip of her water and looked away. "If you'll excuse me, I have to use the ladies room" I said and stood up.

I stood in front of the mirror and took a deep breath.

Of course I was dying to know how he was doing. I wanted to know what college he was attending. Was he still paying baseball? Is he doing good in school? Has he found someone new? Does he still think of me?

Those were the questions that haunted me when ever I thought of his name.

********************************
************************************

Song used as title: Amnesia- 5 seconds of summer

picture of Alexa San Roman^^^^