Love is not a victory march.

//Four months later// 

"when will you be finding out the gender of the baby?" the reporter asked. "today actually, my baby shower is today. We have a gender revile cake" I explained. "Max, how do you feel about being a father?" the reporter asked. "i feel fantastic" Max said and smiled. Im such a cold hearted bitch for lying to him, how am I going to tell him?  

***********************************

" I have to do a few things before the baby shower" I said as I opened the  door. "okay, do you want me to come with you?" Max asked. "no thanks," I said and hailed a taxi," ill see you at the venue at seven" i said as I got in. 

*****************************

"ready to find out?" I asked Luis as I took out the cupcakes. "yes" he said and smiled. "okay lets do this" I said and handed him a cupcake," on the count of three" I said. "one-two-three" Luis and I counted together. On three we took a bite of the cupcake. "OHMYGOD" I shouted as I saw the frosting. "its a girl" Luis shouted and hugged me. "we have to start choosing names" I said after I kissed him. "I like Sierra" Luis said. "and I like Meilani" I said. "we have to choose a name" Luis said and hugged me," I have a plan on how we can be together" Luis whispered. 

"in three months" I said after he told me what he was thinking. "we'll plan everything more carefully" Luis said and kissed my forehead. "I gotta go" I said as I saw Alexa's message. "until next time" Luis said and kissed me," I cant wait for the day that I can present to the world my daughter" Luis said and grinned. 

********************************

Once I arrived to the house I changed into a seafoam green Greek dress. I tied my hair in a fishtail braid and slipped on some white sandals. I grabbed my bag and walked out. 

"Everyone ready?" I asked as I held the knife. "just do it for Gods sake!" Brian shouted. "Jesus, Im going" I said as I dug the blade into the cake. "what is it?" Alexa asked. "girl!" I shouted and showed them the frosting. "are you serious?" Max asked. "yes" I said and showed him. "congratulations"Alexa said and hugged me," he knows already right?" Alexa whispered. I nodded and she smiled. 

"great job Lynn," Mom said and hugged me. 

******************************

"what are we gonna name her?" Max asked. " I love the names Sierra and Meilani" I said. "we have time to decide" Max said," I like Mackenzie" Max said. "we have time" I said. "four months" Max said," god I cant wait to show off my daughter" Max exclaimed. 

//three months later// 

"are you sure you don't want me to stay home?" Max asked. "ill be fine" I said," if something happens Ill call you" I said. "okay" Max said and kissed me. 

He was going to be preforming in Sacramento tonight, my due date was a week away, so I had nothing to worry about. 

"call me" Max said as he walked out of the door. 

I decided to take a shower and watch some movies with Alexa. 

I changed into a black dropdead cut off tee with a pair of seafoam green shorts. I tied my hair in a messy bun and sat on the couch and called Alexa. 

"hey wanna come over Max isnt home" 

"Isnt it Luis who you usually call when Max isnt home, I didnt know you were gay like that Lynn" 

"im only gay for you Alexa, all best friends are a little gay" 

"dont tell Jess" 

"come over" 

"I actually gotta go to Jess' house, but ill stop by when I get home" 

"fine" 

"i gotta go, ill bring pizza" 

"bye Alexa" 

"bye Lynn" 

I hung up and turned on the Tv and started watching Orange is the new Black. 

Halfway through I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. "oh how cliche, my husband leaves for a day and thats when i go into labor, thanks mother nature" I said and stood up. I quickly put on my shoes and grabbed my keys. "hold on" I said in one breath as I dialed Luis' number. 

"Im going to the hospital, meet me there" I said and hung up. 

*******************************

"miss your partner is here" the nurse said after she hooked me up to the machine. A couple moments later Luis walked in. "Are you crazy?" I asked,"what if Max walks in?" I asked. "did you tell him?" Luis asked. "no" I said. "then no worries, Ill call Alexa" Luis said and pulled out his phone. 

While he called her I called Mika and Mitchell. They werent answering so I sent them  a text. 

Me: Im in labor, show up to see your niece, dont be an  asshole. 

When i got a response from them I called dad.

"hey dad," 

"hi sweetie, whats wrong?" 

"im in labor, I already called Mitch and Mika," 

"does Max know?" 

"come to the hospital, I have something to tell you"  

"does your mom know?" 

"dont call her" 

"fine" 

"thanks dad" 

"Im going to bring Odett" 

"okay" 

"all right, honey ill be there in a few minutes" 

My dad had divorced my mom shortly after I began my career. He had been with Odett for five years, I hope they marry. She makes him so happy. 

After I called my grandmothers I laid back and smiled at Luis who was calling his mom. 

It was four am when the pain had become unbearable.  "its time" Dr. Johnson said. I took a deep breath and looked at Luis and Alexa. 

"okay" I said and let out a deep breath. 

After various hours of hard work and intense pain, I heard a baby cry. 

"congratulations you have given birth to a beautiful baby girl" the doctor said and handed me my daughter. 

"God bless you Sierra" I said and kissed her forehead.

*******************************

*************************************************

song used as title: hallelujah- Rufus Wainwright