I can't drown my demons they know how to swim

After taking a shower I changed into a white Jaws cut off tee with a pair of denim high waisted jeans with american flag converses. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and got into my car and drove to Alexa's house.

"hey" I said as I walked in. "what you do?" Alexa asked. I had been friends with this girl for over ten years, so she knew that when I fucked up I would come to her place and hang my head in shame.

"I slept with Ashley" I said as I pressed my head against her glass wall that divided her living room and kitchen. "when?" Alexa asked. "at Andy's party" I said. "Lyndesy! He's a manwhore!" ALexa shouted. "I know but we got caught up in the moment, and he's so good looking and well it was all down hill after that" I said. "what about Max?" Alexa asked. "dont bring him up" I said and sat on her counter. "you need to break up with him" Alexa said. "I cant he needs me, hes going through therapy and he needs me by his side" I said. "hes a drug addict you need to get away from that" Alexa shouted. "I cant" I said. "you know this all happened when you and L-" Alexa started off. "dont say his name" I said. "when you and Lu-" Alexa said and smiled. "Alexa dont you dare" I said and jumped off the counter, and walked towards her. "this is all happened when you and luis broke up" she said quickly," as soon as you broke up, you started associating yourself with druggies, alcoholics and players" Alexa said. "its the rock and roll life" I said. "no Lynn, no its not" Alexa said," I have an Idea" she said as her eyes lit up.

"what?" I asked as Alexa sat on her couch and opened her laptop. "we're going to California" Alexa said. "what?" I asked. "you need to escape this toxic life you're living right now" Alexa said," our flight leaves tomorrow morning at nine, go pack" she said and pointed to the door. I let out a deep breath and walked out.

I really had no choice, Alexa would drag me to San Diego if she had to, I was going to go back and face my demons. I was going to have to go back and see Luis again.

*************************************

*********************************************

song used as title : Bring me the Horizon- Can you feel my heart?