Tryouts

Chapter 7: Tryouts
-Bex p.o.v.-

Remus led us all up to the common room and forced us to sit down. "Go on, sit." He ordered, gesturing to the ground in front of the empty fireplace.

"But this is boring," I complained.

"Here have some coloring books and crayons." He materialized the objects from midair and handed them to us.

"Ooh! Yay!" I exclaimed and grabbed one. Plopping down on the floor and using the coffee table to color on.

Liam joined me but James and Sirius didn't look convinced. "The best coloring job I will hang on my wall space in the dorm." Remus said in a flat tone.

The two boys immediately jumped on the floor beside us and flipped to a page in their coloring books, carefully choosing the right colors and taking their time.

I decided on a picture of a cat with a witch's hat on its head and a dog holding a wand in its mouth, there was also a frog sitting on a stack of books. Taking my time I colored the picture brilliantly.

"I'm done!" I cheered and held up my picture for Remus to see. It was about an hour ago he gave us the task and we had all finished. We waited on Remus' choice on who had the best picture.

He pondered over who's he liked best, examining every detail on each coloring. Finally he looked up, his decision made. "I'm going to have to say Liam's was the best."

"What?!" The rest of us exclaimed.

"C'mon Moony, it's clear that mine is the best," Sirius spoke, crossing his arms over his chest defiantly.

"No way! Mine is way better than yours." James disagreed, turning to Sirius with a glare.

"You've got it all wrong, mine is brilliant!" I protested. Liam just grinned proudly. Happy to have made at least Remus proud. When Remus didn't budge on his decision I sighed. "Fine, hang up Liam's." I pouted down at the small boy, who grinned.

Remus stood and grabbed Liam's picture. It was of a wizard sitting on a broom, in the background there was three hoops, he colored a picture of a keeper. It really was an amazing coloring job, he did good.

Together we all walked up the boy's dorm staircase and followed Remus to their room. He entered a door that had a sign on it reading The Marauders' Dorm and walked over to the neatest sleeping area that occupied the room.

We all gathered around the perfectly-made bed and watched as Remus put a permanent sticking charm on the paper, magically glueing it to the wall above his bed.

"Hey! It's time for lunch!" James noticed, glancing at a clock.

We all shared a look before taking off. I pushed Sirius and hurried down the stairs after James. I heard a grunt as Sirius bumped into Remus, before both hurried after. I giggled closing in on James, he looked over his shoulder as he turned a corner and then a loud crash sounded.

I skidded to a stop and my eyes widened. The other boys stopped beside me. We all shared a scared look before peeking around the corner.

I gasped at the sight to be seen. Sirius winced and turned away. Remus gaped at the scene that played out. And Liam's jaw dropped and he hid his face in my side. I pulled him close and patted his back soothingly.

On the floor, lay James and some Hufflepuff kid. Both had awkward bending limbs. A pile of books surrounded them, in every direction.

I was the first to speak. "Are you both okay.... Besides the broken bones.... And the obvious pain.... And-"