The Headmaster's Office

Chapter 39: the headmaster's office
-Bex p.o.v.-

"Stupid classes. This is stupid. No one likes classes. They're stupid. Stupid Lily for making me go. Stupid Minnie for teaching classes. Stupid Mondays. Nobody likes you. You're stupid. Stupid mornings. The sun is stupid. It just had to come up didn't it. Stupid." I grumbled under my breath as Lily dragged me to Minnie's room. "Stupid transfiguration." I added to the list.

"I can hear you." Lily told me and sent me a look over her shoulder.

"Stupid hearing."

She heaved a sigh, "it's not that bad, maybe you should start doing something different. You know like exercise or something." Lily suggested, "then you won't be as tired. You'll be energised and ready to go to classes!"

"I doubt that." I glared at the floor and continued on with my pouting, "stupid exercise. Stupid Lily for coming up with the idea. Stupid person who invented it."

Lily rolled her eyes at me and went to her seat. Leaving me by the doorway. Hmmm she probably shouldn't have done that. I thought. With a shrug I turned to leave. Just as I was making my way around the corner Minnie appeared.

"Ah, Miss. Dumbledore. What a surprise. Shouldn't you be in my class right now?" She raised an eyebrow.

I huffed and followed her as she lead me back to the place I had just escaped from. Maybe I should work on my escaping skills. They've not been up to standard. I pondered. If I got locked up in Azkaban I would need to be able to escape, right? So it's settled! I smirked. I'll be creating an escape plan from Azkaban later tonight!

Minnie sent me a look and pointed to my seat. I rolled my eyes but took the seat anyways.

"Oh hey Sirius, when did you get here?" I asked looking to the boy on my left.

He glared a little, "I've been your table partner for the entire year."

"Really? Are you sure about that?" I questioned in all seriousness. "I think I would remember you sitting with me all year."

He exhaled loudly, showing how annoyed he was. "You hit me in the eye with a rubber band. You have changed me into a mouse, then used me as your mouse to change into a spoon. You have nearly cut off my arm. You stabbed me with your quill. " he glared harshly, "shall I continue?"

I just looked at him blankly. "Nope. Not ringing any bells. I swear, some kid with glasses used to sit with me." I then looked at him suspiciously, "do you wear glasses?"

He threw his hands up in exasperation.

"I don't even have a rubber band." I justified myself.

He looked at my wrist.

I followed his eyes, on my right wrist was a rubber band. "Hey look it's a rubber band!" I cheered. I pulled the band off of my wrist and began to stretch it out. The band flung from my fingers, the stretching becoming too much for it.

Sirius yelped. I looked over at him, seeing him holding his eye in pain. "You hit me in the eye! Again!"

"You broke my rubber band!" I exclaimed, gathering up the two pieces of rubber.

"Is there a problem?" Minnie glared at us. "You two have disturbed this class enough."

"He broke my rubber band!" I pouted, holding the two pieces up, showing Minnie.

"She hit me in the eye with it!" Sirius glared at me, still holding his eye.

"Maybe if you wore your glasses today your eyes would be protected." I shrugged and turned to Minnie, "He never told me he wears glasses!" I accused, pointing a finger at him.

"I don't have glasses!" He shook his head. "I've been your partner this entire year!" He exclaimed throwing a hand up. The other was still cupped over his eye.

"Alright! That's it! The headmasters office! Fifty points from Gryffindor!" Minnie commanded.

I scoffed, "you think I care about house points? I'm trying to break the record of how many house points I can lose this year." With that I stood and exited the room. Making quite the grand exit if I do say so myself.

I walked down the hall, not a care in the world. I had just turned the corner when I heard the footsteps. I propped myself up so I was leaning against the wall with my arms crossed.

When Sirius rounded the corner, walking as if he owned the place, I glared. "This is all your fault." I grumbled.

"No! Your the one that can't remember anything!" He glared.

"It's not my fault! You should have protected me from the bludger!" I glared right back at him.

"You should have protected yourself!" Sirius fumed. "You're a beater! You could have hit it away!"

I frowned, "I tried. It kept coming back at me." The fuzz cleared slightly. Giving me the memory of the game. I gasped.

Flying. High in the air. The bludger. Chasing me relentlessly. As if it was connected to me. The hit. The fall. The blackness.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking at me in confusion.

"Fine." I murmured and pushed away from the stone wall. "Let's just go."

Together the both of us walked down the corridors, going to my father's office.

I entered the circular office easily. Not knocking or anything. Walking right in. It was, in a way, my office too. My father was the headmaster, so it was Dumbledore's office, I'm a Dumbledore. Therefore, by my logic, I owned the office as well. I shouldn't have to knock on my own office doors.

"Hello Ariana, dear, any particular reason you have decided to join me?" Dad's wispy voice filled the room. His eyes twinkled, he already knew the reason, he was only trying to humour me.

I shrugged, "just decided to visit my father."

"So it has nothing to do with the fact that you and Mr. Black had another argument?" He chuckled lightly.

I shrugged and plopped down in the fluffy chair that was placed in front of his large desk.

"Why don't you take a seat Mr. Black." He gestured to the seat next to me. Sirius did as told, sitting down and crossing his arms over his chest. "Now what seems to be the problem?"

"She hit me with her rubber band!" Sirius exclaimed before I could speak.

"No! He broke my rubber band!" I accused, sending him a mean look.

"No! You hit me with it! In the eye!" He pointed to his eye. There was slight red marks lining his eye.

"You broke it!" I held up the two pieces of the rubber band as proof. "See! It's broken in half!"

"It's all your fault!" Sirius fumed.

"You did this! It's your-"

"Alright." Dad interrupted.

"Hey!" I turned to face my dad, "I wasn't finished with accusing him!" I pouted.

"I think I have enough understanding on what happened." Dad clasped his hands together and leaned on the table. "It seems that you two don't get along that well."

"So." I grumbled.

"What does that matter?" Sirius spoke in the same tone as me.

"I've noticed constant bickering, fighting, violent acts," he sent me a look.

"What?!" I exclaimed, "that doesn't happen!"

Dad raised an eyebrow, "If I recall right you and Mr. Black were recently in detention for causing disturbances."

"Once." Sirius stated.

"Seven times actually." Dad gave a chuckle. "And you, Ariana, punched Mr. Black last week, correct?"

"He deserved it." I muttered.

"And before Halloween, didn't you two have a large argument in the Gryffindor common room?" Dad questioned.

"She started it." Sirius mumbled.

"So it seems that you two need to become friends."

"You can't make us become friends!" I exclaimed.

"I can make you spend time together." Dad said, his eyes twinkling. "You must remember: love is the greatest magic. To share it with someone is just as magical."

I rolled my eyes, "yeah yeah yeah. I've heard you tell me this a million times before. You tell me every time I do something to get into trouble."

"You must learn to love, Ariana," he remarked.

"I do love." I informed him. "But just because you love everything living and no living doesn't mean we all do. Some things just aren't able to be loved." I looking pointedly at Sirius.

He glared.

"So why don't you two exchange signs of friendship." Dad nodded.

I sighed and held out one of the broken pieces of the rubber band, "here. Have half of my rubber band."

He took it grudgingly and shoved it in his pocket. "Here, have this widget I found earlier." He held out his open palm, in it lay a washer.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the washer. Who brings a muggle tool to a magical school.

"Good now I want you to have those on you at all times, as a sign of your friendship." Dad smiled brightly. "You may go now, enjoy your day."

I turned, going to the door. On my way my eyes landed on a painting, my eyes seemed to gravitate towards it. The man in the portrait had a long white beard, bits of light brown at the roots. His brown eyes were watching me, staring into me.

I shook my head at the thought and continued on my way. Leaving the headmasters office and that corridor. I went to the Gryffindor common room, still with the feeling that he was important.

----------------
So guys! You got to see a little into how Sirius and Bex's relationship is and how that is going to be changing drastically when their relationship begins! You also got introduced to someone important to the story. Not so much now, but for the future, so don't forget him! Lol
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, and stuff. Thanks guys!