A Practice to Remember

Chapter 17: a practice to remember
-Bex p.o.v.-

"Bye girls!" I laughed.

"Bye Bex!" They all giggled together.
We all exited the charms classroom together.

"I'll see you guys later, have fun in the library." I rolled my eyes at them.

Marlene laughed, "I'm not going to the library with those nerds! I'm going to practice quidditch!"

"Hey!" Lily and Alice cried out together.

"Later nerds," I winked at them before turning away from them. I walked towards James and Sirius, not sparing them a glance. "Hello Remus." I smiled at him.

"Uh, hello Bex." He greeted me while sending James and Sirius nervous glances. "Umm, where are you going?"

"The grounds, I'm meeting up with Liam." I smiled.

"Have fun." He smiled back.

"Thanks, you too." I grinned back, my eyes travelled to meet James and Sirius for just a second before I continued past them.

I left the charms corridor, heading out of the castle and onto the grounds. From the distance I could see Liam, his light brown hair standing out next to the green grass.

"Bex!" He exclaimed.

"Liam!" I mocked.

He giggled and gave me a hug. "You made it."

"Course I did! I promised you I would be here, didn't I?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Then I'm gonna be here." I said as if it was obvious.

"Well I didn't know if you were going to forget and go hang out with your new Slytherin friends." He shrugged and looked down.

"Like I could ever forget you." I said, one half of my mouth quirked up, giving a half-smile.

He grinned.

"Now," I started, leaning against the tree. "How about we climb this tree?"

He giggled and immediately started up the tree. "Come on, slow poke!"

I chuckled and followed his lead, climbing right up behind him.

After spending time with Liam, talking about anything and everything, students started flooding onto the grounds.

"Come on Liam, free time is over. You have to go to DADA." I said. We both got down from the tree pretty quickly.

"Bye!" He grinned before running off to go with his friends that just came out of Herbology.

I chuckled and slowly walked into the castle. I was in no hurry to reach History of Magic.

I entered the classroom just as Professor Binns started speaking. The door closed quite loudly and everyone turned to look at me. Everyone except Binns, that is. Binns continued to drone on, completely un-aware that I had entered the room late.

I had a smirk on my face. Without a care in the world I walked right in front of Binns and to my seat next to Marlene.

Lily turned in her seat to give me a disapproving look. Everyone watched, waiting to see what Lily would say. My smirk got wider as Lily opened her mouth to speak.

"Bex!" She hissed in a whisper. "You're late!"

"So?" I asked, leaning back in my chair.

She huffed and rolled her eyes. "You could get in trouble!"

I laughed loudly, but still Binns didn't notice. "Yeah right! He doesn't notice a thing!"

"Shhh!" Lily hushed me.

I rolled my eyes, "it's not like I care if I get in trouble, what's another mark added onto my permanent record?"
She sighed and turned away.

Marlene giggled, "you are so lucky Binns is oblivious to everything."

I chuckled, "I don't believe in luck, it's all skill." I winked.

I sat back in my chair, I had the gift of being amazing at history. All I had to do is sit back and listen, and it stuck. It all soaked into my brain.

"Pssst," someone tried to gain my attention from behind me.

I rolled my eyes, knowing it would be Sirius and James, I ignored it. The two continued trying to get me to turn around.

"Are you going to see what they want?" Marlene whispered to me.

"No," I answered simply. Seeing her confused look I sighed and explained more, "we had a bit of a spat this morning."

"Oh." She frowned, "are you going to be okay for practice tonight?"

"It's Wednesday? The week went by fast, didn't even realize."

"Yeah." She nodded.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me." I gave her a half smile.

Soon enough it was dinner time and I was making my way to the great hall. I had traded my robes for a large sweater. And in the pocket sat a sleepy kitten, my baby, Tucker.

"Oy!"

I turned around, confused. No one was behind me so I shrugged it off and continued.

"Oy!" Someone called once more.
My eyebrows frowned and I looked around.

"Over here!"

I turned to the voice and a smile slipped onto my face. "Hey!"

The blonde slipped an arm over my shoulder. "Are you sitting with us again? We enjoyed your company."

"I don't know Lucius," I started, looking into his pale blue eyes.

"Why not? Because those Gryffindors don't want you too?" He frowned.

I thought, 'why am I not? Those boys don't own me, I can do what I want' looking at Lucius I answered. "Fine, I'll sit with you guys." I grinned.

"Great!" He grinned, "lets go shall we?"

I smiled and nodded, "of course."

Lucius guided me into the great hall, and led me to his table. "Look who is joining us again."

"Bex! What a nice surprise," Severus smiled at me.

"Hello guys." I smiled, sitting down next to Regulus.

"How are you?" Regulus asked.

"I'm good, how are you guys?" I asked the boys.

Lucius scratched the back of his neck, "ah, well there's this girl."

"Ooooh!" My eyes twinkled with interest. "Tell me all about her!"

He chuckled. "Okay, okay." He glanced to our left. "See that girl, with the really blonde hair and dark eyes?" He questioned.

I followed his eyes and saw a beautiful girl with white blonde hair and dark brown, almost black eyes. She was talking and giggling with a few of her friends.

"She's really pretty!" I grinned at Lucius.

"My cousin?" Regulus looked disgusted. "You fancy my cousin?"

"She's just so pretty and kind. She's amazing." Lucius sighed dreamily.

I giggled. "What's her name?"

"Narcissa Black." Lucius grinned as her name left his lips.

"I can't believe that you are in love with my cousin." Regulus frowned.

"Think of if this way," Severus smirked. "If he gets her to fall for him than he's joining your family."

Regulus' frown deepened. "Who said I wanted him in my family."

We all laughed.

"Oh, you poor thing." I sympathized. I wrapped my arms around his torso.

He chuckled and put an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him.

"They're glaring again." Severus said. He nodded towards the Gryffindor table where James and Sirius sat. The look on their faces was a little scary.
I frowned at them.

Lucius narrowed his eyes, "what do they want?" He spat out.

"They don't really approve of me sitting with you guys," I rolled my eyes. "But they'll have to learn to deal with it. They don't own me, they don't get to make my decisions for me." I glanced back over my shoulder. "Ignore them." Severus looked away from them. "Don't let them ruin our dinner."

"Agreed." I smiled, turning my back to the Gryffindor boys and looking at the Slytherins.

"How was divination?" Severus asked giving me a smirk. Lucius and Regulus laughed.

"You have divination?!" Lucius grinned, "sucks for you!"

Regulus nodded in agreement, "can't believe you would take that class. It's got to be the stupidest class ever!"

"Ugh!" I groaned and face palmed. "Don't remind me. She's such a fake."
"Bellenare is obviously just doing it for attention and ended up pulling one over your father." Severus said.

"No, no one pulls something over my dad. Either she said something that was not completely stupid or has some connections." I shook my head.

"Does it really matter how she got here? All that matters is how fake she is." Regulus shrugged it off.

"Too true." We all agreed.

I grinned at the boys. "Bye guys!"

"Bye Bex," they said together causing me to giggle.

We stood next to the staircase. Lucius was leaning against the railing, Severus stood on the bottom step, and Regulus had an arm wrapped around my waist.

"I really need to go," I giggled but couldn't bring myself to leave them.

"But why?" Regulus asked pulling me closer to him. He rested his chin on the top of my head, standing behind me, with both hands around my waist.

"I have quidditch practice." I explained to them. "I have to be at the pitch in twenty minutes."

"You still have time!" Lucius cheered. We laughed, getting weird looks from a couple of people.

"Fine, I guess I can stay with you guys for a little while longer." I said, a smile playing on my lips. "But you better not make me late!" I giggled.

I heard a small growl before Sirius and James walked past us. They sent Severus, Lucius, and Regulus a look before going out to the grounds.

Regulus rolled his eyes. "Sorry about my brother."

"I think I should be the one apologizing for his and James' behavior." I frowned.

"Don't worry," Lucius smiled at me, "I'm sure we can handle a few Gryffindors."

I smiled. "Are you sure it's okay?"

"Of course. I've lived with my brother my entire life, I think I can handle his antics." Regulus chuckled.

"Potter and Black have been messing with me since first year. I'm used to it." Severus shrugged.

"And I can deal with two pouty fifth years." Lucius smirked confidently.
I laughed, "you guys are the best." I smiled.

"Dumbledore!" Wood yelled from his broom across the pitch. "Black!"

I looked over my shoulder, meeting eyes with the angry captain. "Yeah?" I called back to him.

"What is up with you two?! Work together! It is not a competition! You two are teammates, without you two we are useless!" He screamed at us.
I rolled my eyes, "keep your pants on, it's just a little tension on the field."

"Leave the tension off the field." He said firmly. "I don't care if you two are ex's, in an argument, or not seeing eye to eye. Leave the tension off the field." He looked between the both of us. "Do I make myself clear?"

"Yeah." I answered him.

He looked to Sirius who simply nodded.

"Good. Now get back to work!" He said before speaking to everyone. "Just a little longer and we're done for the day!"

"That's it for today!" Wood yelled to everyone on the quidditch pitch. Everyone was instantly down on the grass.

Wood had the trunk open, the quaffle already put away. James had the snitch in his hand, handing it over to Wood. The small, golden ball slipped past his fingers and out into the open air.

My instincts took over and I plucked the snitch out of the sky, grabbing it before it could fly away.

They all went silent, staring at me. I shoved the snitch into Wood's hands before looking away. They didn't talk or waver their stares from me as I turned around.

A bludger came whizzing our way. At the last minute I dropped my bat and captured the dangerous ball in my arms.

"Placidus bludger." I muttered the spell under my breath. The bludger immediately went calm in my hands. It stopped thrashing around and I quickly placed the limp but solid ball in the trunk and clasped it in. I raised my bat again and waited for the next bludger to come my way. Doing the same thing to the other bludger I looked up.

I looked at everyone standing around me. I looked down almost immediately, rubbing the back of my neck. "Umm, I'm gonna go now." I said softly and went to turn away, escaping their curious stares.

Grabbing my bat from the ground and getting my broom from where I left it sitting, leaning against the shed. I didn't lift my eyes from the ground as I slowly walked to the castle. My broom over my shoulder and my bat weighing my arm down as it swung gently from my grasp. Every once in a while it would bump against my legs.
'They're probably never going to forget that.' I frowned. 'How could I just forget and let them see.'

I entered the castle and started up the many flights of stairs. At around the fourth floor I was stopped by Filch.

"And what are you doing?" He sneered.

"Going to the seventh floor." I said simply.

"And what is this?" He questioned.

I looked at what he was gesturing to, "my quidditch equipment. I am on the team, you know."

"Why do you have it?" He narrowed his beady eyes.

"We just finished practice." I said looking around, wondering if he was actually being serious or not.

"Where is the rest of the team then?" He gave a smirk, thinking he won.

"I left before them." I shrugged.

"A likely story." He rolled his eyes. "Follow me." He grabbed my upper arm and dragged my into his office.

I rolled my eyes as he pushed me into one of the chairs in the far corner. "Is there a reason that you have me here? I did nothing wrong." I said innocently.

"So you mean to tell me that you weren't the one that put cockroaches in my sandwich at lunch." He glared.

I chuckled, leaning back in the chair. "Oh no, that was me." I shrugged.

"That's what I thought." He grumbled. He sat at his desk and started the paperwork. Adding yet another detention slip to my already overflowing file.

-----------
Alright!
So first things first: the spell she did at the quidditch pitch was made up. I created that spell. "Placidus" means 'still, gentle, calm' in Latin. So when you say the incantation you need to say the object of what you want to be still. It's like "accio broom" you say the spell and then the object right after.
Secondly: what do you guys think? Enjoy it? Yes? No? Maybe? Please comment, vote, share, fan, follow, etc. tell me what you think! Thanks! :D