What Happens in the Forest Stays in the Forest

Chapter 14: what happens in the forest stays in the forest
-Bex p.o.v.-

The second I stepped into the forested area I took off, running as fast as I could. I hurried into the darkness and around the trees. I leapt over the overgrown roots and bushes. I quickly came to a tall tree, it's branches bent over the trunk; it made the tree look spooky and like it came from one of the muggle movies made by Tim Burton.

I slid down, my back against the trunk. My eyes closed and a sigh escaped my lips. With my knees pulled up to my chest and my chin resting on my knee caps I kept my eyes forward, staring straight at a large stone.

While I was looking around earlier I had come across a large rock, weeds growing all around it, climbing up the stone. It was tall, if I stood next to it the rock would come to my waist. The dirt around was loose, almost as if it had been sprinkled there. Flowers reached up, trying to get sunlight, staying away from the weeds and growing throughout the grassy area underneath the wicked looking tree.

The old rock that sat before me was a tombstone.

"Who would bury you here?" I asked softly. My voice broke the eerie silence throughout the forest.

It stayed silent, no one answered my question. Not that I expected them to.

I scooted closer to grave, sitting only inches from the rock that marked the death of a poor fellow who had been buried deep into the darkness of this forested area. I was able to make out the name on the stone.

"Fytherley Undercliffe" I read aloud. "Died March of 1531" my eyebrows frowned and I scanned the tomb for any other information. Down at the bottom was a line of information. "Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." I pursed my lips at the information I had just processed. "So he was the headmaster?" I thought aloud.

"That's right." A deep voice answered.

My head snapped towards the voice and out from the shadows a centaur appeared.

"Who are you?" I asked the half man half horse.

He slowly started towards me, "hello. My name is Ronan." He stood tall, about seven feet tall. He was very strong looking, and had an air of respect and power that surrounded him. He had red, wavy hair and a red goatee. His skin was pale and his fur was a nice soft looking chestnut color, with a long, red hair for his tail. His muscles were large and slightly taunting.

"Hello, I'm Bex." I introduced myself.
He gave a nod as greeting. "I'm sorry if I startled you. I did not mean to." Ronan spoke. His voice was calming, deep and husky but still soft and calming. His gestures were tender, as if he was scared that I would be scared of him.

"It's fine, I was just a little startled, I didn't know anyone was around." I smiled to assure him. "Do you know anything about him being buried here?"

"Years before I was born, way before I was born, he died and was buried. When I was only a foul I came across this tombstone." Ronan explained. "I have no information on this man."

"Wow," I nodded, "that was the straightest answer I have ever got from centaur."

He chuckled, "well I could make a prediction of the near future for you." He tilted his head up, looking at the stars, "Mars seems to be getting brighter and brighter as the days go by."

"What does that mean?" I asked.
He sighed and tilted his head. "Little one, it means danger is coming."

"Does it have to do with him?" I gestured to the tomb.

"One can not be sure, not exactly." He said. "You should go, it's dangerous here."

"I can handle myself, I have powers." I said.

"Like what, little one?" Ronan asked.

"I can manipulate fire and change into any animal I want."

"Can you show me?" He asked sounding very interested.

I raised my right hand and snapped my fingers. Fire appeared out of my index finger.

"Impressive." Ronan nodded, "I have never met a foul who could control fire so good."

"Thank you." I smiled. "What animal would you like me to transform into?"

"Change into something that is fast, I need to get you out of here." Ronan instructed.

I immediately transformed into a large, snow white dog.

Ronan smiled down at me and motioned me to follow him.

I raised my large, furry head and gave a joy-filled bark. My tongue rolled out of my mouth and a wolfish grin appeared on my face. I trotted after Ronan, my long tail swung back and forth.

Ronan led me through the woods, his bow out and an arrow already in place, he was ready to protect us both.

I let out a happy bark, it felt good to be in my original form. It always felt the best to be in your Patronus' animal form.

I darted around Ronan and started running in circles around him. He chuckled deeply and watched as I began to chase my tail. A twig snapped and my head snapped over to the source.

Out from behind a tree came another centaur. "Ronan? What are you doing with this animal?"

"Hello Bane." Ronan greeted. "I found her wandering around, she must belong to Hagrid. I was just taking her to the Hagrid's hut."

"Alright, but hurry back, there is a meeting at the colony." Bane said and turned away.

"That was close, little one. Let's keep moving, best to get you out of here." Ronan nudged me forward with his front hoof and led the way once more.
I gave a bark and trotted behind him.
I turned my head, through my animal eyes I could not see color. Seeing as dogs were color blind all I could see were dark shades; either black, grey, or white.

Ronan stopped at the tree line and looked down at me. "This is where we must part. Try not to come in here too often, little one. It's dangerous, there are horrible creatures in here, and not all of the centaurs will protect you either. Bane doesn't like having young humans in the forest, he doesn't trust them that much. That is why I said you were Hagrid's dog." Ronan smiled, "take care, little one. I hope to see you again."

I gave a happy bark and shook my large head up and down, showing Ronan that I was planning on coming back to see him.

"Go on, get out of here." Ronan nudged me forward.

I gave him one last bark before darting from the trees. I walked at a fast pace, looking around the grounds. A few people were on the grounds: a couple under a tree, that gasped when they saw me; a boy who payed me no attention; a girl swinging from a tree; and Severus Snape sitting by the lake.
I broke into a run and ran straight for Severus. I let out a bark when I was closer to him.

He turned around, confused as to what was making such a noise. His eyes widened when he saw my large form coming straight at him.

I pounced on him, causing him to fall backwards. My paws were on his chest and I gave a happy bark.

His jaw dropped. He watched me, looking into my eyes.

I panted, my tongue rolling out of my mouth and hanging off of the side. I bent my head and licked all over his face.

He gasped and raised his hand to push me away. "Bex, don't do that."

I barked a laugh.

"I don't appreciate being covered in dog slobber." He sat up.

I whined and placed my head in his lap, looking up at him.

"Don't look at me that way," he sighed and stroked the fur on my head.

In the distance I heard disbelieving gasps, "no way Snivellus got an animal to lick his face, what thing would want to lick up his greasiness?"

I perked my ears up and turned my head to see who it was. Sirius. James. And Remus.

They were all looking at us, curiosity ignited they started over. "Oy! Snivellus! How did you get the dog to lick you?" James hollered.

"Did you have to bribe the mutt? I doubt anything would ever come straight for you, out of every living thing on this planet." Sirius smirked.

"Alright boys, that's enough. We came out here to see if Bex was out of the forest yet, not to harass Snape." Remus spoke.

"Actually Black, Potter. This animal, has a name." Severus said petting my head. "Her name is Monster. And she happens to love me."

"Yeah right, like anything would ever love you." Sirius rolled his eyes.

James snorted. "She? And her name is 'Monster'?"

"Yes, is that a problem, Potter?" Severus glared.

"It's just 'Monster' sounds more like a boys name." James smirked.

"Well she can turn into quite the monster, you don't want to mess with her." Severus smirked and looked down at me.

To prove the point he made I stood up tall and growled, baring my large canine teeth. Compared to them I wasn't that large, I came to their waists when standing.

"I've dealt with much bigger." James shrugged and sent Sirius a look.

Sirius gave a bark of laughter and reached out to pet me. I narrowed my eyes and snapped at his hand. He pulled away with amazing reflexes.

Remus took a step back when I turned to him. He held his hands up in surrender. "I'm not planning on getting eaten alive by her."

With that I turned away from them and took my place back at Severus' side, lying my hand down on his lap.
"Let's go." James said. Together they turned and left. They headed up to the stairs and back into the castle.

When they disappeared from sight Severus started laughing. "That was brilliant!"

I barked in agreement.

After a few more minutes of just sitting and watching the lake Severus spoke. "C'mon, let's head in, it's getting late."

I stood and looked around, the yard had emptied, all of the others had already gone in.

Together, me and Severus walked up to the castle. As we entered through the courtyard he stopped at the split staircase, one side going up to the next floor and the other going down to the dungeons.

"Do you want me to walk you up to the Gryffindor common room? We still have twenty minutes until curfew." Severus asked.

I nodded my furry head and gave a small bark in agreement.

He chuckled and gave an "okay."
He walked me up the floors, all the way to the seventh floor and down to the fat lady's portrait. He glanced around before looking back at me, "you can change back now."

Immediately I was back in my human form. "Thanks."

"How do you change so fast? Even animagus' have to think before they change." Severus asked incredulously.

"It's second nature to me, it comes naturally. I don't have to think about it." I smiled. "I was born this way."

Severus chuckled and gave me a grin. "Well you better get going before Potter and Black come out looking for you again.

"Yeah yeah." I rolled my eyes giving him a smile. "I had fun with you Sev. I'll see you in the morning?" I asked.

"Yeah, come over to the Slytherin table." Severus smiled.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." I gave him a hug, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He responded, placing his arms around my waist.

The portrait hole opened and Sirius and James stepped out. "Oh." Sirius said, they both stopped in there place when they saw me hugging Severus.

"Bex, we were just coming to find you." James said.

I rolled my eyes. "I kinda figured." I pulled away from Severus, but my arms were resting on his chest and one of his hands was still placed on my waist.

"What are you doing with him?" Sirius asked. They both narrowed their eyes at Severus.

"When I came out of the forest I saw Severus. I sat and talked to him for a minute or two before we came in. He offered to walk me to my common room. We were just saying goodbye." I explained to them.

"Well," James said sending Severus one last look. "Let's go then."

"Bye Sev." I smiled giving him another hug. I pulled back and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll tell Lily hi for you, yeah?"

"Yeah." He smiled and gave a quick nod. "Have a nice sleep."

I watched as he turned away and disappeared behind a corner. I turned to Sirius and James.

"What was that?" Sirius asked with narrowed eyes as we entered the common room.

"What?" I asked.

"That." James said. "You kissed Snivellus."

"Yeah?" I said confused. "I kissed his cheek...? So what? And his name is Severus."

"You never kiss us." Sirius pouted. "Do you love Snape more than us?"

I giggled. "I've known him since I was younger. Lily, Severus, and I have been friends since we were little. We've been kissing each other since we were about seven. I just met you guys."

"So?" Sirius said rolling his eyes.

"Do you want me to?" I giggled.

"Duh!" James exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed James' hand and pulled him to me. Standing on my tippy toes, I still had to pull his head closer. With my hands on each side of his face, I leaned in, pecking his lips. As quickly as I started the kiss I pulled away. "Happy?"

"Very. Now I'm going to bed." James said and lent over pointing to his cheek.

I rolled my eyes and pecked his cheek. With a nod he left up the boys dorm staircase.

I giggled at him and turned to Sirius. He stood there waiting, his lips pursed and waiting for a kiss. I giggled at his position, he was bent over so he was my height and his hands were intertwined behind his back.

I walked over to him and gave him a quick peck. When I pulled away he grabbed my waist. "No fair. I want a real kiss."

"Yeah right, like that will happen." I smirked and pulled out of his reach.
"Oh no you don't." He pulled my back, our chests touching, only inches away from each other. "I'm not letting you go until I get a real kiss."

I sighed and he smirked. "I'll give you five seconds."

He narrowed his eyes, "you have to kiss back."

"Fine." I frowned.

He grinned and tucked a strand of my dark hair behind my ear. "You know, I really love your hair. It's curly, nice curls."

"Thanks." I said dryly.

He smirked and leaned down so his face was right in front of me. He leaned in further, making our lips barely touch. His minty breath fanned out on my face, making me shiver. Slowly, he leaned in further, his eyes fluttering closed. I closed my eyes as well, waiting for the kiss. Our lips finally met and he pushed his lips harder onto mine, pulling me closer by my waist. His hands were tight at my sides, holding me firmly and as close as possible.

1...

He brought one hand up to my hair. He pulled one curl out and then let it go, letting the curl spring back into place.

2...

He lifted my hands from my side and put them around his neck, his hands resting at my hips.

3...

He pushed against my lips harder. His lips worked with mine in perfect synchronization.

4...

He licked my bottom lip and squeezed at my sides.

5...

I pulled away from his lips. "Alright, lover boy, that's enough. You can let go now."

He chuckled and let go of my hips, releasing me from his grip. "You have nice lips too."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." I rolled my eyes at him and turned away.

"Goodnight gorgeous." He said as I went towards the girls staircase.

I stopped and turned back to him, "why do you always call me that?"

"It's my nickname for you." Sirius grinned. "I'm always going to call you it."

I rolled my eyes once more before I started up the stairs. "Goodnight Sirius." I called over my shoulder. I glanced back at him one last time before I lost sight of him.

He was standing in the same place I left him in, watching as I walked away. His hands were hanging by his sides and at the last possible second he lifted one to run through his shaggy, black hair.

Lying in my bed the only thought running through my mind was: 'why did I kiss him? And why did I enjoy it so much?'

----------
What do you think? I loved making this chapter! So fun! With the part in the forest, with the drama at the lake, and then her and Sirius' moment. Just wow! Comment, vote, fan, follow, share, etc. thanks guys! :)