You Don't Know How Sorry I Am

Chapter 55: you don't know how sorry I am
-Bex p.o.v.-

"How can you continue talking to him, your being his best friend! But he called me, your friend since childhood, a Mudblood! Who's side are you taking?" Lily glared at me.

We were currently in our dorm room, only one week left until school was finished. And here she was, yelling at me, accusing me of taking his side over hers.

"What do you want me to do Lily?" I sighed, "I can't just stop being his friend. I get it, okay, he called you the word. But that doesn't mean he isn't sorry, he's beating himself up about it, he's depressed. And I'm trying to be a good person, a good friend, and stick by his side through this rough time. If I'm not mistaken, we were his friend since we were ten, doesn't that mean he's also our childhood friend?"

"I want you to stop taking to him. I don't care how sorry he is, he said it." Lily crossed her arms, being as stubborn as she could possibly be.

"Well I'm sorry Lily, but that's not happening. I'm not going to toss him to the side just because you and him have problems. It's none of my business why you guys are fighting so in not getting into it. So far, he's done nothing to me, so I'm going to continue my friendship with him." I informed her, there was nothing she could say or do to change my mind. I had chosen, I had given up the boys for him, I was not just going to drop him, not after everything I'd done to keep our friendship.

"Can't you see!" Lily threw her arms into the air, "he's turning to the Dark Arts! Before you know it he'll be following that guy Lord Voldemort!"

I glared, "I happen to be in the same ranks as him."

She gasped, "Bex, I'm sorry, I didn't-" she started, remembering my Christmas Holiday.

I glanced at the ring on my finger, "it's fine Lily."

She frowned, "he's turning evil, Bex."

I shook my head, "no. I won't allow it. Just watch, he's different." I stood, "bye Lily, I'm going to meet up with the boys, I promised is be there five minutes ago."

Her frown deepened, "alright."

When I reached the bottom of the stairs I was attacked by three boys. "Where have you been?"

"We were worried!"

"Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine guys," I rolled my eyes, pushing them away from me. "Lily held me back a bit, that's all."

Severus looked at me hopefully, "what did she say?"

I smiled sympathetically, "it's okay Sev, she just needs time and space. She'll forgive you one day." I reassured him, "there's no way she couldn't, she's the nicest person I know."

"So are you ready?" Lucius pestered, "Cissy is waiting in the courtyard."

I rolled my eyes, "yeah Romeo, we can leave now." We walked to the courtyard, where many students were gathered.

Today was the last trip to Hogsmeade for the rest of the year.

Narcissa, as promised, was waiting by the fountain, chatting with her friends. We followed as Lucius snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her cheek. "Hello love," he greeted, causing her friends to giggle and start whispering to each other.

"Lucius," she smiled. "What took so long?" She looked over he shoulder, connecting eyes with Lucius.

"Sorry, that would be my fault," I spoke up, gaining her attention. "I got held back a bit."

She smiled, "it's fine, you guys are here now, that's all that matters."

After a few minutes we started off for the village. I was talking with Severus and Regulus, Lucius was too busy with Narcissa to join our conversation.

"So where are we going?" I questioned with a raise eyebrow.

"Well, we were planning on sneaking off when the lovebirds are so wrapped up in each other to notice, want to join?" Regulus asked with a grin.

"Of course," I smirked, "and then?"

"We hurry off to a random shop and hide out until they leave. Then go the opposite direction they go." Severus chuckled.

"Makes sense, let's do this."

Our group entered The Three Broomsticks, taking up a table in the back. I'll get the drinks," Lucius offered, standing and going to the bar.

"So how are you?" Narcissa asked me.

"Oh I'm fine, thank you." I smiled, "and yourself?"

"I'm doing great." She smiled brightly. "Lucius has told me quite a bit about you," she informed.

I cocked my head a little to the side, "he has? What did he tell you? Because I most defiantly didn't do it."

She giggled, "nothing bad, actually it's all good things."

"Oh. Really?" I questioned in disbelief.

"Yes, you seem like a great friend, I'm glad he has someone like you in his life." She told me with a grateful smile.

"Well I'm actually glad that you are in his life. He's always going on about how amazing and how wonderful you are. It gets kind of old, but it makes him happy to talk about you so I listen," I shrugged.

"That's very nice of you." She smiled, glancing up as Lucius came back to the table.

"The drinks will be over in a minute." Lucius spoke up, slinging his arm over the back of Narcissa's chair.

We finally got our chance to ditch the lovebirds. We were all in Honeyduke's, shopping for sweets, the pair had left in search for some cherry flavoured chocolate drops.

Regulus sent me a look.

I nudged Severus with my elbow.

He nodded.

Silently and as quickly as possible, we backed away, the two boys turned and ran out the door.

I rolled my eyes and turned to follow them when I bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry," I apologized, looking up into the grey eyes of Sirius Black. I frowned, "oh. It's you."

"Yeah, it's me." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well bye," I stepped around, brushing past him and hurried out the door. I was halfway down the street, caught up with the two boys when I noticed I wasn't wearing my charm bracelet.

The one I had to signify my friendship with Sirius Black was stuffed deep inside my school bag, probably lost within the depths of the charmed bag. I had shoved it in there after our friendship was ended, it has been there ever since.

But my other bracelet. The one I received from Regulus, Lucius, and Severus. It was missing from my wrist. It's usual chinking of the charms on each other was not heard.

I pushed it away from my mind, I had probably left it on my bedside table. It would be sitting there when I got back.

We hurried, pushing and giggling, into the closest shop. The shop ended up being a book store, filled to the brim with books. Every possible surface was holding books, the place looked like any bookworms paradise.

"Great," Regulus muttered, "who's idea was it to go into a book store?"

"Looks like we're stuck here." Severus shrugged.

"This is so boring. You guys have no skill at ditching." I shook my head in mock disappointment.

"It's not my fault you decided to run into a book store!" Regulus exclaimed, pushing the blame on me.

"You said we run into a random store, this was a random store. So technically, it's your fault. You should have specified what store we go into." I explained with a smirk.

"I don't think I should have to tell you what store we should hide in." Regulus rolled his eyes, "then it wouldn't be random, now would it?"

Severus stepped between us, "alright you two, it's fine, we'll just look around the store, maybe get a book."

I shook my head, "Severus, Severus, Severus," I drawled, causing him to roll his eyes, "you should know that I don't read books."

He sighed and shook his head, "you know what I mean."

"Do I?" I raised an eyebrow, smirking at the look he sent me.

We sent about thirty minutes in there, waiting for Lucius and Narcissa to finally leave that candy store and go off somewhere.

During that time Severus browsed for a new book while Reggie and I caused some trouble.

After Lucius and Narcissa went off Severus held us back, wanting to search for a certain book, so we stayed.

"Out!" The owner, a little old man, yelled at us, pushing us towards the exit. "And don't come back!"

We laughed, leaving the stores cool air and coming out into the warm May weather. "I can't believe you got us kicked out." Severus glared, looking like a father yelling at his children.

"It's not our fault. Maybe he shouldn't put books in every crack and crevice he can find. He should learn to organize." I defended, crossing my arms in a defiant gesture.

Regulus took a similar stance, "exactly. He should keep a neater store if he doesn't want someone to accidentally bump into a stack of books and cause a domino effect and there for knocking almost every book out of place."

"So it's actually his fault." I accused, smirking at Regulus, gaining a matching smirk.

Severus grunted, looking at us flatly, "you two are impossible." To which we only laughed.

"Excuse me," Regulus and I stopped laughing, looking up at the interrupter. "You're dad want to speak to you." The seventh year informed me.

"Oh, thank you." I smiled, turning to the boys, "sorry boys I gotta go. But it's almost time to head to the castle anyways."

"We'll come with you," Regulus offered, following as I started away.

"You guys don't have to, there's still an hour left of the trip," I frowned at the two.

"We want to," Severus informed rolling his eyes, following anyways.

On our way back up to the castle we passed Lily, Severus watched after her, frowning. I gave his back a pat, "it's okay, mate." I smiled sympathetically, rubbing his back.

"She doesn't know how sorry I am. She thinks I'm turning to the Dark Arts. That I'm going to be bad. I didn't mean it, I was just so angry at those prats, I didn't mean what I said." He explained, his voice cracking slightly.

I frowned, "I know, I know, it's alright. I understand, everything will be fine. Just wait and see," I assured.

"How am I to just sit back and watch as she grows fonder of Potter? She means too much to me to just let go." Severus frowned staring as Lily laughed with Marlene and Wood.

I gave a half smile which came out more as a grimace. He's finally admitted his feelings for her and it's only because she has left him. He's starting to fight, just as she's given up in the battle. "I know. I never said anything about letting her go, just waiting until she's ready."

"But how long will that be?" He frowned.

"As long as it takes before she's ready." I gave him an encouraging smile, "come on, let's go to the castle." I grabbed his hand and entwined our fingers. With my other hand I grabbed Regulus' hand, "come on guys. I think it's time we hang out by ourselves. Just us."

-------------------------
Happy Thanksgiving! ....if you guys also celebrate that.... So enjoy the chapter? Only one more left! I'm so excited!!! I'll be ending my first book and starting my first series!
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow! Thanks guys! :)