Befriending the Wrong One

Chapter 47: Befriending the Wrong One

-Bex p.o.v.-

The return back to the Potter's was quick. I stepped out of the fire and into their living room.

"Padfoot! Moony! Wormtail!" James called from the couch, "she's here!"

"Morning James," I smiled brightly at him.

"Hey Bex," he grinned, greeting me with a hug. "Merry late Christmas," he pulled away as the other boys came running into the room.

"Thank you." I smiled, turning to the other three. "Morning boys, how are you?"

"Hello Bex, good to have you back." Remus smiled, giving me a quick hug. "It's good to have someone who's sane in the house with me."

I chuckled, "good to be back, Remus. How are you, good?"

"I'm good, thank you for asking," he smiled. "How was it with your father? And how's Lily? Is she well?"

"Oh yes, it was wonderful, thank you for asking." I smiled in gratitude, "Lily's good as well, her sisters still as nasty as ever." I chuckled, "and where were you? Did you stay with your parents for a bit and then come back to James'? You weren't there when I sent an owl for my jacket."

Something flickered in his eyes, "yes, I was visiting my parents, I stayed until the night before Christmas Eve."

"That's nice." I smiled with a nod.

"Are you ready to open presents?" Sirius asked, bringing in stacks of brightly packaged objects.

"Yes!" James cheered.

I giggled and we all gathered around on the couch. I sat next to Sirius on the love seat, James at my feet on the floor, Remus and Peter sat on the couch across from us, just across the coffee table.

"Open mine first," James held out a package for me to take.

I smiled, grabbing the box from his hands. Ripping the wrapping paper away, it revealed a stuffed animal about the size of my torso. I giggled, lifting the stuffed animal out of its box, allowing the stag to be seen by the others.

I hugged the animal to my chest, grinning as I noticed that it smelt of James' cologne.

"Do you like him?" James asked softly, unsure.

"I love him," I grinned, giving James a hug, the stag still in my arms. "What should I call him?"

"Prongs." James said immediately.

"Like your nickname?" I asked.

"Yes, so you always have a part of me with you." James nodded with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not going to carry a stuffed animal with me everywhere I go." I giggled.

"No, look around his neck." James gestured to the stags neck.

I gasped, "it's beautiful," a string hung around his neck, on the string was an antler charm.

"Mine next," Sirius nudged a box towards me.

I pulled the lid from the box, pulling a stuffed dog from it. He was large and had shaggy fur, the color of night. He smelt of Sirius, the familiar scent filling my nose. Around his neck was also a charm, this one being a paw print. "For Padfoot?"

He smirked, "yeah."

I hugged Sirius with a grin, "thank you Sirius. I love it." I giggled, putting the dog next to the stag.