Break Begins

Chapter 44: break begins
-Bex p.o.v.-

With a start I woke up, another dream. But this one wasn't of the memories I had forgotten. I had already had all of those, I remembered everything.

So what was this dream of? Why did I have this dream?

Now that I was awake the dream seemed to be slipping from my grasp, falling through my fingertips.

Stumbling from the bed, I left my room and went to the large kitchen. As I entered a house elf rushed to my aid.

"Master Ariana," the elf hurried to my side, following me as I sat at the breakfast bar.

"Hey Tibby," I nodded sleepily to the house elf. "Where are the others?"

"Pip is cleaning house and Biddy is shopping for more food." Tibby informed me.

"Thank you." I nodded, "what do you have in the kitchen?"

"Tibby has many things in the cupboards for master," he waddled over to the large pantry, swinging the doors open for me to see. "Tibby went shopping for breakfast foods last night."

"I don't need breakfast, I am going to be spending some of the break with the Potter's," I told the small house elf.

"Master is leaving again?" His lip quivered.

"I'm just spending the time until we go to Lily's house with them. Then I will be going back until Ozzy visits." I smiled at him.

"Alright." He sniffed, "what can Tibby get you?"

"A cup of tea, please." I ordered, "and make enough for you and the others. I'm going to start a meeting as soon as Biddy gets back."

He nodded at the instructions and hurried off to fulfil my bidding.

When the other house elves had all gotten back I gathered them in the drawing room. Myself sitting behind the large desk and the three house elves sitting on the large couch just in front of the desk.

They each held a mug of tea, just as I ordered. Each of them wore the set uniform. In the summer, Pip, the only girl, wore a cloth sheet expertly wrapped to form a dress. The two boys wore the cloth sheet strung around their waist. In the winter, Pip wore a similar dress, made with thicker cloth and a hat to cover her bat like ears. The boys wore that same type of uniform, the only difference being the density of the cloth and a type of shirt to cover their upper body from the harsh weather, they also wore a hat over their heads.

The Dumbledore family did not stand for disrespecting any type of creature, they were treated with kindness and love the second they stepped foot in the Dumbledore Manor.

"How are you guys?" I smiled at the group.

"We is good, master." Pip smiled back cheerfully.

"How is master? Biddy miss his master." Biddy inquired and took a sip of his tea.

"I'm quite good, Biddy, thank you." I smiled at him.

"What does master want Tibby to do?" The house elf eagerly asked.

"Nothing for now, let's just talk." I politely turned down his offer. "What do you do while I'm at school?"

Pip became teary at the question, "we miss you while you is gone," she sniffed. "Mostly we just clean the house and sometimes cook for the Miss. next door."

"Yes," I grinned, "how is Ms. Bowerds?"

"She is good, lonely like we is." Tibby told.

"The Miss. likes pumpkin cookies." Biddy spoke up.

"Yes, you do make great pumpkin cookies," I smiled at the little guy.

"Hello?" Someone called throughout the house.

I glanced at the clock, "I must have lost track of time." I looked at Pip, "would you mind going to get our guests, please bring them here."

"Yes master," she placed her mug on the table in front of her and hopped down, her little legs waddling as she hurried to the voices.

In a minute Pip returned, pulling Remus by his hand. The other two boys following after.

"I'm sorry guys, I must have lost track of time, I didn't think it was getting this late." I apologized to the three.

"It's no problem," Remus smiled.

"I'm just finishing up this meeting, please, take a seat." I gestured to the couch against the wall by the door. "Alright guys," I turned back to the house elves. "I'm going to be staying with James Potter for the first few days of break, then as scheduled, we will be going to Lily's house. After, I will be going back to James' and then will be back in time for our visitors arrival and will be staying for the last few days of holiday. How does that sound?"

"Perfect, master." Biddy smiled, "does master need help packing?"

"No thank you, Biddy, I've already packed." I smiled in thanks. "I just want you to continue doing what you usually do; clean some stuff, cook for Ms. Bowerds, kick back and relax. And that's an order," I smiled.

Pip giggled at my last statement.

"I'll see you soon, guys." I smiled at them. "Be good, yeah?"

They stood and saluted, "yes master." They called in unison.

I stood and saluted as well. "Man have I missed you guys," I chuckled, "you're the only ones who salute at me regularly."

"Bye master," Pip hugged my legs.

"Have fun." Tibby joined the hug.

"Be safe," Biddy hugged my other leg.

"You too, see you soon." I smiled and patted each of their heads as a sign of affection.

"Your house elves must really love you," Remus stated once we returned to the Potter residence.

I smiled, "yeah, they've been with us since before I was born. They took care of me as a child," I giggled. "They were always my favorite playmates."

"You have a great relationship with them," James grinned.

"Yeah, they're basically family." I smiled softly.

Mrs. Potter poked her head in the doorway, "I thought I heard your voices," she smiled. "Come, brunch is just about finished."

"Hello Eleanor." I smiled at her.

"Hello dear, welcome back." She smiled brightly. "it's great to have another girl in the house," she giggled.

I giggled with her, giving her a hug in greeting.

The days with the Potter's seemed to flash by. The first few days were gone in a blur. They were filled with many different activities that Bex wouldn't normally find herself doing.

She actually went out in the snow with Mrs. Potter, they walked around the local park, just talking. When they got back they sat at the dinner table with mugs of hot chocolate and talked about their favorite books. Bex took the opportunity to gush about The Outsiders, a book Mrs. Potter had actually read and enjoyed.

Bex had also found herself passing Mr. Potter's study, she glanced in to find Charlus filling out a report of a dark wizard he just caught. Bex became interested in Charlus' line of work, he, after all, was the top Arour in the Ministry of Magic. So they had a long discussion about the pros and cons of his job. And he told her that if she ever wanted to become one, he would put in a good word for her.

And that was what she wanted to do, she had thought long and hard one night, and decided that was what she was going to do.

She had also gotten into a small pranking war with the boys. Jokes were thrown back and forth and next thing everyone knew, the pranks had begun.

Sirius made the first move, by turning every outfit she owned into some form of dress or skirt.

To get back at him she stole all of his hair products and hid them.

James retaliated by shoving her out into the cold snow.

The pranks had begun. But it was also time for Bex to visit the Evans household. So the prank war had been put on pause, promising to restart just as soon as she got back.

----------------------
Hey guys! So since today is the last day of my break, I am hoping to update at least twice today!!! You have just gotten the first few days of her break, I know, it wasn't that descriptive :( but I'm saving all of the play by play for after she gets back from Lily's, when the pranks are going to be crazy!
Next chapter, is at Lily's, so hope you enjoy it :) and remember, there is a Christmas surprise at the very end of her break! No one is going to be suspecting it!
But I would love if you all commented on what you think the surprise is! And if I like what you comment I will be tying your guess into my story somewhere!
So comment, vote, share, fan, follow, and everything else! Thanks guys! :)