The First Game

Chapter 11: The First Game
-Bex p.o.v.-

Time flew by. Hours turning to days and days to weeks. Homework and practice took up a lot of time but the Marauders somehow managed it all; along with goofing off. Pranks happened and detentions were served. Hogwarts soon realized that not only did they have to watch out for pranks from the Marauders but also from Bex Dumbledore. Pretty soon it was time for the first quidditch game of the year.

"Wake up!" Lily yelled once more, the pillow in her hand crashing down on my face.

"Fine! I'm up!" I screamed back, finally sitting up in my bed. "Happy?!" I glared at the red head.

"Very." She gave a curt nod before turning away and making her way into the bathroom.

I gave a groan and stood from my soft and warm bed. I quickly pulled on some pants and my quidditch jersey before glancing in the mirror. My hair was perfect as usual, the only difference was the flaming red tips.

I gave a small sigh and focused on my hair, turning it back to its normal curly brown. Looking into my eyes I noticed a small bit of flames flickering around in my iris'. I ignored it hoping no one would notice it. They never did.

"Ready?" Lily asked reappearing in the room.

"Yeah. Lets get this over with." I spoke a little bit of irritation edging into my tone.

"I know you don't like playing quidditch that much anymore but you have to try, you can't let them down." Lily gave me a sympathetic smile.

I ignored the smile and swiftly made my way out of the dorm room. I continued making my way out of the common room and down the many hallways towards the Great Hall.

"There you are!" A voice exclaimed as I settled into my regular seat at the Gryffindor table. "Where have you been?"

I met eyes with James and gave a shrug. "I was sleeping."

"But it's the first game of the year, aren't you nervous?" James asked curiously.

"Nope. Why would I be?" My eyebrows frowned in confusion.

"Because it's against Slytherin. They are almost as good as us, they are the closest compared to our skills and give us the most challenge," James explained.

"So, you said it yourself, Gryffindor never loses the cup. What makes this year any different?" I grabbed a pancake and started to shred it, dipping the pieces in syrup and popping them in my mouth.

"I don't know, guess I'm just a bit nervous and the excitement is getting to me." He took a shaky breath trying to calm his nerves.

"You need to loosen up," I commented, examining his shaky hands and tapping foot.

Sirius plopped down in the seat next to me, "morning Gorgeous, where have you been?"

"Firstly, don't call me that." I told him for the millionth time. "And secondly, I could ask you the same thing."

"Well, Gorgeous," he ignored my first comment. "I was with a certain blonde haired, blue eyed beauty. We were having some fun in the dungeons." Sirius smirked at me, looking for a reaction.

"Another bimbo to add to the list?" I questioned, giving a small click of my tongue in disappointment.

"You could say that." Sirius shrugged, his smirk widening. "But I prefer: helping a lucky bird have her dream come true."

"Yeah right," I rolled my eyes.

James laughed at our exchange. "You guys are hilarious when you start going at it."