Back on the Field

Chapter 36: back on the field
-Bex p.o.v.-

"You didn't have to freak out." I commented, my arms crossed, staring at my plate of pancakes with a small glare.

"You don't come down, you leave me there for ten minutes, all alone, worried! What do you expect me to do?!" Lily bellowed, expressing her anger at me.

I mumbled under my breath, telling her exactly what I thought she should do.

She narrowed her eyes, "don't use that language with me."

I rolled my eyes back at her, "don't tell me what to do Lily, you aren't my mother," I boasted. "You have no right to tell me what to do and expect it to be done." I gave a smirk, confident with my statement. "I can use whatever language I want."

"Not around me you don't." She narrowed her eyes further.

"Casse toi," I grumbled.

She frowned, not understanding. "You know I can't speak French."

"That's exactly the point." I smirked, "now you can't scold me about swearing, you don't even know what I'm saying."

She sighed and shook her head, rubbing her temples. "You give me a headache."

I grinned, "good." I stick my tongue out at her after receiving a look.

"Do you have any idea what she said?" James muttered to Sirius.

"No idea mate," he mumbled back. They both watched the entire exchange with interest and curiosity.

"And you'll never know." I smirked at them. "Well I'm going, got stuff to do." I stood from the bench and began to walk away.

"Wait! You didn't even eat your food!" Lily called after me.

"Don't need it, I'll get something after I finish my business. It won't be too long." I informed and continued on my way.

"Miss. Dumbledore, there you are. I was just coming to find you." Poppy appeared around the corner, coming right for me.

"Oh uh, I was actually going somewhere," I trailed off.

"It'll only take a few minutes," Poppy grabbed my hand and pulled me away to the hospital wing despite my complaints.

I was pushed down on one of the beds. Poppy turned away and going to her office, getting her equipment.

"I just need to run a test." Poppy bargained and laid out all of the tools needed.

I eyed the tools she had out, "your going to cut me open?"

"Only to take some blood." She shrugged it off as nothing. "So what were you going to do?"

I pursed my lips, "I don't know. I can't remember. But I do know I had something to do." I spoke confidently. "I just have this feeling, you know?"

"Everything will come back to you soon enough. Nothing to worry about." She held the knife to my palm. Slowly digging it into my skin.

I hissed at the stinging sensation. The pain making me clench my free hand, my nails clawing into my skin.

She turned my hand over so my palm was facing down. "This may hurt a little." She spoke and squeezed my hand, causing the blood to flow out and into a test tube.

I gasped and my eyes widened, I groaned in agony.

"Only a little more," she squeezed harder making the blood pour out.

I flinched at the pain, trying my hardest to keep it in. With my teeth clenched together, grunting, trying to block it all out.

Faintly I heard Poppy say that this would sting, before pouring a liquid onto my open wound.

My hand was on fire, the pain was unbearable. My screams broke through my lips and echoed throughout the empty hospital wing.

She patted a pure white towel on my hand, when she brought it back up it was a deep red and covered in white foam.

She pushed me down, getting me to lay on the bed, "you should rest."

"I-I can't." I stammered, trying to keep my eyes open. My limbs felt heavy, it was hard to move. "I have- I have to d-do something." I struggled to sit up.

"Miss. Dumbledore, it'd be best if you just rested." She instructed.

"Rest later, I need t-to do this," I insisted, trying my hardest to get up. "Just- just wrap it up."

She sighed but complied, wrapping my hand and going back to her office to sanitize the medical equipment.

Slowly, I stood from the bed, wobbling on my legs, unable to stand up straight. But I pushed through. With my legs wobbling under my weight and my muscles too weak to hold me up straight, I walked out of the hospital wing.

Unsure of where I was suppose to go I closed my eyes and allowed my mind to lead me. I pushed away from the wall, keeping one hand on the wall to support me. Stumbling and wobbling I walked down the corridor.

Slowly but surely I made my way out side. I looked around confused, not knowing why I was outside and what I was suppose to do. In the distance I couldn't help but notice something. A large arena type thing.

Making my way down the path towards the building in the distance. That was the only thing on my mind.

Quite a bit of time had gone by before I was finally in the center of the large arena thing. I sat cross legged in the middle of the field.

The grass was soft underneath my fingers. I smiled at the feel of it.

"Do you want to fly?"

I turned to see it was Gregory Wood. He was coming at me, a sweeping broom in his hands.

"On a kitchen broom?" I asked confused beyond belief.

He chuckled, "that's right, you don't remember. This is a flying broom." He explained, "it's for quidditch."

"Quidditch." I tested the word out. It didn't sound foreign, it was familiar. I just didn't know where it was from.

"Want to fly with me?" He asked again.

"Sure." I spoke and stood as gracefully as I could, which wasn't as graceful as I would have wished it to be. Wood caught me as I stumbled, his arms pulling me into the safety of his chest where I could feel his heartbeat, strong and steady. He leveled me out, helping me to stand up straight.

"Hop on," he grinned, throwing a leg over the broom so he was straddling it. I climbed on after him, sitting right behind him. "You'll want to wrap your arms around my waist." He suggested, right as my hands looped around his firm chest, he kicked off.

I couldn't help the giggles that escaped my mouth. It felt so amazing to be in the air. It was an great feeling to fly. Free. That was the only word to describe it.

Wood flew me all around the school, looping around the astronomy tower and past the Gryffindor tower window. He dove down, pulling up right above the lake and flying parallel to the tree line of the Forbidden Forest.

After what felt like only a few short moments Wood landed, back where we started. In the middle of the 'Quidditch Pitch' as Wood told me.

"That was fun." I spoke, my smile wide. I tried to walk next to him as he headed for the exit, but I was still weak and unable to walk properly.

He chuckled and wrapped a firm arm around my waist, supporting me. "Let's get you back to the common room, shall we?"

"Yeah," I murmured, trying to fight back a yawn. "I need to rest."

"Then rest." Wood lifted me from the ground, into his capable arms. "I'll get you there safely."

"Thanks Wood. You're the best." Was the last thing I spoke before the weight of my eyelids became too much and I was asleep.

---------------------------
What do you think guys? She's flying again!... Well she was riding with Wood but she was still flying! Lol
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, and all that. Thanks guys! :)