Kissing Practice

Chapter 22: kissing practice
-Bex p.o.v.-

Remus looked up from his bed where he was reading, "how was showing Lily the video?"

"Great." I grinned, "she's jealous."

"So what now?" Remus asked looking interested.

"We have to practice making our relationship look real." I said.

"So kissing?" Remus grinned.

"Yeah." James replied.

"Me and Remus will be the judging. You two need to make it look convincing, look as if you really do love each other." Sirius said taking a seat on Remus' bed.

"Alright, you ready?" James asked looking at me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I sighed.

We sat on James' bed, facing each other. Both of us taking a deep breath.

"Whenever you're ready." Remus said chuckling.

James looked at me, staring right into my eyes. He looked questioning, unsure. I gave a small smile and nodded, giving him my approval.

He slowly started to lean in, keeping his eyes connected with mine, our foreheads touched, he took a deep breath, and his eyes fluttered closed. I followed his lead and closed my eyes. His lips touched mine and we jerked apart.

"What just happened?" Sirius asked.

"I couldn't do it," James said. "I just couldn't kiss her. I can't kiss another girl when I know I love Lily."

"You've kissed other girls, right?" I asked.

"Well yeah, but that was before I started to love Evans. Now that I know I love her, I can't just go and kiss another girl." James rubbed the back of his neck.

I sighed, "do you want me to look like Lily until you get used to it?" I asked.

"Could you?" He asked hopefully.

"James, you should know, I can do anything." I smirked, looking at the boys I rubbed the back of my neck. "But, ummm, I should probably tell you guys somethings."

"Like what?" Remus asked.

"Ummm well... You know how I can control fire?" I started out, they nodded, "uh, well I have another power."

Remus raised an eyebrow, "really, what is it?"

"Have you ever heard of a 'metamagus'?" I asked the boys.

"No," James and Sirius said together. James looked somewhat interested and Sirius looked confused.

"A metamagus?" Remus asked, his eyes wide with wonder. "Are you one?"

I nodded, a smile slipping onto my lips.

"Would you mind demonstrating? I would love to see one in person," he grinned.

"That's why I was offering to be change into Lily until he wasn't nervous." I said with a nod.

"What is a metamagus? What are we missing?" Sirius asked James.

"A metamagus is a witch or wizard that can change their appearance at will along with changing into any animal they want." I explained to the two boys. "It's basically a mix between a Metamorphagus and an Animagus."

"It's very rare. You have to be born one, like a Metamorphagus. You can't become one, like an Animagus." Remus added.

"Oh." They spoke together. I nodded along with Remus, the two boys looked excited and full of wonder.

"Ooh ooh ooh!" James started bouncing around. "Change into a puppy!"

I giggled and thought of a cute, little puppy. Next thing I knew I was scooped up into James' arms.

"You're so cute!" He exclaimed and snuggled into my soft, fluffy fur. I barked and licked his face.

"Change into a large dog!" Sirius cheered.

James toppled over, landing on the floor with a thud, me sitting on top of him.

"Monster?" Sirius asked looking at me from behind.

I lifted my head up, looking at him. My tongue rolled out of my mouth and my tail wagged playfully.

"You licked Snivellus?!" James exclaimed.

I cocked my head to the side and barked.

"Ewww! And you love him?!" Sirius asked.

I changed back to myself. "Yes, I love Severus, he's like my brother, of course I would lick him." I rolled my eyes.

"You poor thing," James patted my head.

I giggled and shoved his hand away. "Be careful, I am a monster, remember." I winked.

They all chuckled, "so you can turn into Lily?"

"Yeah." I nodded at James. "It's easy, I do it all the time when she wants to know if she'll look good with a certain hairstyle or makeup. She uses me like her own personal doll." I rolled my eyes with a grin. "She dresses me up in her new clothes, does my hair, and makeup and then has me model them so she knows what looks good on her and what doesn't." I giggled.

The boys laughed. "Are you serious?" James asked.

"No, I'm Bex." I narrowed my eyes at James playfully. "Shouldn't you know that? We are dating!"

"You know what I mean." He rolled his eyes along with Sirius.

"Ha ha ha. So funny. I've only heard it about a million times." Sirius shoved my arm playfully as I tried to hug his waist.

"But anyways, I was being Lily, not Sirius." I tried again.

Sirius face palmed, "would you stop? You're killing yourself."

I turned to Sirius and grinned, "ah! Are you being Sirius? I'm not making you laugh? I thought I was Siriusly being hilarious."

"Please, just stop!" He whined.

"Remus!" I called, "he is being Siriusly annoying! He doesn't find my puns funny!"

He chuckled, "Sirius, just laugh and she'll stop."

"Yeah, don't be so Sirius all of the time. Learn to loosen up a bit." I smirked.

"Alright," Sirius nodded. "That one was pretty good."

I smirked proudly, "I knew I would get you eventually, I mean Siriusly, I'm hilarious!"

He glared.

"Alright, I'm done, Siriusly." I held my hands up in defence.

His glare deepened.

"Alright! I'm really done this time!" I giggled.

"So you can turn into Lily?" Remus changed the subject.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Let's do this!" James said getting focused. I pictured Lily in my head: her medium length, wavy, red hair; her almond shaped, bright, emerald green eyes; her shorter height; everything about her.

The boys looked at me with jaws dropped and wide eyes.

"Wow." Sirius said. "It really looks like Evans."

James' eyes lit up, "so technically, I'm kissing Evans?" He smirked.

Remus chuckled. "That's one way to take it. But wow, you have an amazing gift."

"Alright, so first we just need to see where you are with the kissing." Sirius said. "So just kiss."

James looked at me and I looked back. Slowly we leaned into each other, closing our eyes. Our lips met and James gently kissed me, barely adding any pressure. The kiss was sweet and gentle. We pulled away, ending the kiss.

"How did it feel?" Sirius asked.

I shrugged, "it felt weird, like I was kissing my brother."

James nodded in agreement, "yeah, it was nothing special."

"Well it looked pretty special," Remus said. "You looked to have great chemistry."

"I have to agree." Sirius said. "Looked great. Now how about you two look happy to see each other and have a greeting kiss," Sirius suggested.

Me and James looked at each other, we grinned. I backed away and he did the same.

"James!" I cheered and ran for him.

He opened his arms just in time to catch me. "Bex!" he greeted, sounding just excited as I did. Our foreheads connected and we looked deeply into each others eyes. Our lips met and we kissed.

"Nice!" Sirius called, breaking us apart.

"That was nice, you looked genuinely happy to see each other." Remus nodded in approval.

"The quidditch game against Ravenclaw is coming up, you need a victory kiss." Sirius said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"You know, the kiss after we win the game, where you're all happy and excited. Make it fun and sweet at the same time." Sirius instructed.

"Oh I've got this!" I grinned.

"But!" Remus started, "you should change back to yourself."

I nodded and closed my eyes. Dropping the focus of being someone else I changed into myself.

I looked at James and he nodded, "we can do this."

I smiled at him, "just remember my eyes."

"When you're ready." Sirius said.

I backed away and James bounced on his feet, getting ready. He nodded at me when he was ready.

I ran towards him, jumped. He caught me by my waist and grinned at me. He spun me around, I burst into a fit of giggles. Our eyes connected and we just smiled at each other. James bent his head down and our lips met.

"That was pretty good." Sirius nodded.

"Yeah. It was nice." Remus said.

Sirius smirked, "now that you have all of the sweet kisses done, it's time for snogging."

Me and James shared a look and I nodded. "It's fine, lets do this."

He nodded with a sigh. "I feel so horrible," James groaned. "I feel like I'm taking advantage of you or something."

"James," I smiled softly. "You aren't taking advantage of me, I agreed to this. It's fine, just a little strange."

He nodded, still not looking completely convinced. "Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes," I giggled. "It's fine, really."

"Alright," James said hesitantly.

"Now, I want you to snog like one of the couples in an empty corridor." Sirius smirked.

James grabbed my hand and got me to lean against the wall. "Ready?"

"Yeah," I nodded with a smile.

James placed his hands on my waist, "tell us when to stop," James glanced at Sirius before looking back to me. He leaned in, his lips pressed hard against mine. I trailed my hands up James' hard chest and to his shoulders, my hands found his neck and my finger tips played with the hair on the back of his neck.

"Make it more heated!" Sirius hollered from his bed, making Remus chuckle.
James groaned at Sirius, never breaking the kiss, making Sirius cheer. "That's more like it!"

I pulled James by his neck closer towards me. He licked my bottom lips, asking for entrance. I slowly, hesitantly, granted him entrance. Opening my mouth up, just as James was about to deepen the kiss Sirius spoke, "alright! I think that's enough!"

We broke apart, James dropped his hands from my waist and took a few steps away from me. I stood up straight, getting away from the wall.

"Ummm how about a turned on snog?" Sirius suggested.

I looked at him, jaw dropped. "You want us to get turned on and start snogging?!"

"Mate, I don't think I would be able to do that." James said sceptically.

"Just make it hungry looking and heated. Feel each other up." Sirius said with a shrug.

James looked at me, his eyes full of apology.

I grinned at him, "James, it's fine, do what you have to do."

He nodded. "Okay."

"So Bex, I want you to just attack him." Sirius said. "Jump on him and make it full of lust and passion."

I nodded, "alright, I can do that."
I jumped at James, knocking him down on the bed, causing us both to burst out laughing. We couldn't stop our laughter every time we tried to do the kiss.

Sirius groaned, "guys! It's been thirty minutes since you first tried this kiss! Quit laughing and try again."

"Okay, okay. I can do this." I sobered up. For the fifteenth time I tried to do the kiss Sirius had been trying to get us to do.

I jumped on James again. The laughter started almost immediately.

Sirius face palmed. "Alright, I think that's enough for tonight. You are doing pretty good. Just go to bed." He signed and sat on his bed.

Remus had crashed about an forty-five minutes ago. It was already eleven at night and I was exhausted.

"Alright goodnight guys." I smiled at the boys.

"Goodnight." The two said together.

I smiled over at Remus' bed. He was curled up on top of his covers and holding his book close to his chest. I giggled, sitting on his bed, right next to him. I pushed his fringe from his forehead, searching his face. "He looks so young." I glanced back at James and Sirius. They sat, watching me curiously. "So innocent." I pulled a blanket over his body, he snuggled right into it. I smiled at his sleeping body and kissed his forehead. "Night Remus."

I walked over to James' bed, he sat cross legged with no shirt on and only wearing boxers. "Goodnight James." I kissed his cheek.

"Night, love." He said cheekily and kissed my forehead in return.

I smiled and rolled my eyes at him. Going over to Sirius, who was wearing similar sleepwear as James. "Night Sirius." I pecked him on the cheek.

"Goodnight gorgeous." He chuckled and kissed me back on my cheek.

"Get some sleep," James grinned at me.

"Yes sir." I mock saluted him with a smirk.

In my dorm, lying on my bed, I couldn't stop the thoughts.

"Meow."

I opened my arms, allowing Tucker to climb into them.

"Tucker, what's wrong with me? Why do I feel like this?" I asked him.

He looked up at me, his head cocked to the side, and meowed again.

I sighed. "I don't even know what it means." I frowned. "Maybe I should just ignore it, it's probably nothing."

"Meow." Tucker curled into a ball, reminding me of Remus.

I sighed again, closing my eyes and letting sleep take over. My thoughts about kissing James gone from my head. But the last thing I remembered before I was out was how I kept comparing my kisses with James to my kiss with Sirius, and how I couldn't shake that small part of myself that commented on how kissing Sirius felt so much better, much more natural.

--------
What do you think? Kissing James and not being able to stop laughing at one point and now she is thinking about how her kiss with Sirius was so much better! Plus, she told the boys about her other power! Don't forget to comment, vote, share, fan, follow, etc! Thanks guys :)