Chapter 1 (2009)

//TRIGGER WARNING//MENTION OF SELF-HARM//

*DANS POV*

Lunch with my friends always goes the same way; I sit down at the table and my friends greet me with playful punches- throwing in a stupid nickname every so often. Aaron cracks a dirty joke and the girls all roll their eyes. My friends are great, I mean they aren't the smartest lot but we get along pretty well.

I look across the room to see Phil. Phil Lester, sitting on a table by himself, unpacking his lunch. I look around for Chris and PJ, Phil's friends, but I guess they aren't here today. Me and Phil were good mates once.... well, when we were younger anyway. But after time things change...

"What are thinking so hard about then, Dan?" Gracie smiles, warmly.

"It's nothing." I chuckle.

"You're always daydreaming about something aren't you, Howell? Who knows what's really going on in that head of yours." She laughs, ruffling my hair. I like Gracie. She's smart, funny and actually quite sweet... compared to the others.

I walk to my next class, Science. I sit next to the window so that maybe the teacher wont notice that I'm not actually listening to a word he says. I'm on my phone for most of the lesson. As always. Sarah nudges me.

"What!?"

"Dan...." she whispers.

"Daniel H?" I hear from the front of the class.

"Daniel H!?" I turn around to see the teacher, with a stern expression on his face.

"Oh. Yes Sir?"

The teacher simply shakes his head and marks my name down, moving on the next person. I hear a few giggles from the back of the class but as soon as I turn around, the room goes silent.

"Tried to warn you, Dan." Sarah says failing to hide a smile.

"Shut up." I mutter. I smile at her before continuing to text the rest of the lesson. Well... the next two lessons.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: hi guys! We're Grace and Serena and this is our first fic so don't be too harsh on us :3 just by the way they'll be trigger warnings on every chapter as to not give anything away (?) So if you are easily triggered I suggest not reading this fic. Thank you for reading don't forget to vote and comment! xx