Chapter 8

//TRIGGER WARNING// MENTION OF SELF-HARM//

*PHILS POV*

I hear voices from downstairs. Dan's parents.

"Have you got friends over, Dan?" His Mum says as I start to walk downstairs.

"Yeah just Phil." Dan says.

"Oh hi Phil! You haven't been here in a while, have you?" Dan's Mum says, smiling at me.

"Oh umm I was just leaving." I say, grabbing my coat.

"Do you need any help home, Phil?" Dan says to me.

"It's just across the street, Dan" Dan's Mum laughs, probably not noticing the bruises and cuts all over my body- or the limp. Dan looks at me.

"I'm fine." I smile. He nods as I open the door.

"Bye Mr. and Ms. Howell, bye Dan."

They all wave.

As soon as I get back I hear my phone beep.

Message From: Dan

Dan: R U home yet Lion?

Phil: I'm fine Dan stop worrying so much!

Dan: sorry haha xx

I smile at the two little kisses he puts at the end of the message.

Phil: it wont be as fun without you 'taking care of me' :P

Dan: U R okay tho right?

Phil: Dan omg I was joking x)

We continue to text for the rest of the night. Until finally falling asleep, dreaming of Dan...

***

As I walk to school, thoughts fly through my head;
Did the kiss mean anything?
Does he like me?

I swear this boy is making me go mad.

The length of time it took me to reach school didn't feel like enough for me to process my thoughts. But I knew one thing; I needed to talk to Dan.

I didn't even bother to go to my own locker, just straight to his. As I turn the corner I see something I wasn't prepared to see. Dan & Gracie.

Are they dating?
Why didn't he bother telling me before he goes and kisses me?

Anger takes over me as I stride towards Dan.

"Why Dan, why? You could have at least told me the truth instead of leading me on to think you actually cared. And you know what, don't bother trying to help me again!"
By the time I finished, I'm crying my eyes out. I turn around and walk to my first class, without even looking back.

A/N: ok so me and grace leave each other lil notes and it made me sad deleting them while editing hehe. Anyway thanks for reading guys! Don't forget to comment and vote AND HAVE A FUCKING GREAT DAY OKAY <3