Chapter 15 (part 1)

//TRIGGER WARNING//MENTION OF SELF HARM THEOUGHOUT//

*DAN'S POV*

I straighten my hair for what seems like the hundredth time, making sure every single strand was straight. Tonight has to be perfect and I'll do whatever I can to make it so. I then turn off the straighteners and look in the mirror one last time before heading downstairs.

"Have fun, Dan!" my mum calls from the front room.

"I will, mum." I laugh.

"Umm.. but not too much fun. You know I was a teenager once-"

"Wow bye, I'm going! " I say quickly, slamming the door behind me out of sheer awkwardness.

I walk onto the icy pavement and stop for a second to admire the scenery. The sky was a pale blue and snow covered the whole street in a blanket of white. I walk toward Phil's house and knock on the door. I'm met by a pair of big blue eyes.

"Woah..."

"What?" He laughs.

"You look.. woah."

"You don't look too bad yourself, Howell! Now where are we going?"

"You'll have to wait and see!" I grin, opening the car door for him to get in.

I start the car and put a tape in. Starlight by Muse begins playing.

"I love muse!" Phil exclaims.

"Who doesn't love muse!?"

We both laugh and I start driving. I look at my boyfriend in the seat next to me, staring out the window at the snow outside. I don't think the passenger seat has ever looked this good to me.

(A/N: Taylor Swift reference tho)

***

"Isn't far now, Lion."

"I'm so excited!" He smiles at me.

I pull up and stop the car, opening the door for him to get out. I put my hands in front of his eyes, leading him toward the door.

"Dan where are you taking me!?" He giggles.

*PHILS POV*

I'm not scared of the dark, well I mean... no one likes the dark. But with Dan guiding me everything seemed a little less scary.

"Are you ready Lion?" Dan says as he carefully removes his hands. I look around an empty ice rink.  

"Dan-"

"One last thing..." He walks over to a switch on the wall next to the rink. He flicks it and the room suddenly illuminates. Above me hung lights, each row turning on one by one, lighting up the whole rink like a stars in a pitch black sky.

"I love you, you dork." I kiss him softly on the lips. He smiles at me and hands me a pair of white skates.

"Are you coming or what?"  he laughs, skating in a circle around the rink.

"I don't know how to skate!" I call out from the other side. He makes his way back to me, holding out his hand.

"I guess I'll have to teach you then!" He leads me onto the ice and I hold on to him tightly. We start to skate slowly around the rink.

"That's it Lion!" He smiles. We start to speed up slightly and I loosen my tight grip on his arm.

We glide along and suddenly I feel my feet fly from under me as I fall to the cold, hard ice underneath me, dragging Dan down with me as I fell.

"Are you okay Lion!?"

"Umm I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Maybe ice skating just isn't my thing..." I laugh slightly. Dan soon starts to laugh along with me. Both of us laugh loudly, still lying on the ice. As the laughter dies down we turn to each other.

"So.... what do you wanna do next?" Dan smirks.

"Next?" I laugh.

"The night isn't over yet, gorgeous!"

(A/N: that word is really cringe I know ahah im sorry)

I shake my head, laughing.

"I hope this never ends." I look up to at the lights hanging from the ceiling, smiling. Dan gets up off the ice, helping me up soon after.

A/N: I'm probably gonna update again later bc I cant walk so im just in bed all day listening to Fall Out Boy tbh :') anyway thank you all for 500 reads! Also don't forget to comment and vote xx I LOVE YOU ALL