Chapter 20 (part 1)

//TRIGGER WARNING//MENTION OF SELF HARM THROUGHOUT//

*DAN'S POV*

Phil hasn't come to school for about a week now. I haven't seen or heard from him either... The dialling tone has become such a familiar sound to me. Normally he would pick up on the third ring but I've called him maybe 50 times already, all with no reply. He doesn't even answer the door, however many times a try. I spoke to Chris the other day and he hasn't heard from him either. I think I'll try one last time before I give up and give him his space.

I enter his number and the phone starts to ring. Once. Twice. Three times. Then it stops altogether. I quickly pick my phone up off the bedside table and look carefully at my screen.

"Phil...?" I pause for a second and wait for an answer.

"Dan-" Phil starts.

"Phil thank god you're okay!"

"You aren't mad at me?"

"Of course not Lion, I just wanted to make sure you were okay! I haven't seen you for a while..."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Can I come round?"

"Umm... sure."

I hang up quickly, not realising I haven't said goodbye yet. I grab my coat, put my shoes and on and rush out of the door. I reach his house and knock frantically on the door. It opens and I step inside, greeting Phil with the hug I had waited so long for.

"Dan, you look so..."

"I know Phil. I haven't been sleeping. I miss you so much." I say, my arms still wrapped tightly around him.

"My mum's in the kitchen, lets talk upstairs." I follow him up the stairs and into his bedroom.

We both sit on his bed, neither of us saying a word. We both and open our mouths to speak at the same time. I laugh nervously.

"Dan...."

"Phil where have you been!? You haven't been in school, you've ignored all my text and my calls, I haven't been able to sleep worrying about you. You know that right?"

"I didn't mean to make you worry I just..." Phil looks down at his feet guiltily.

"Well I did worry. I will never stop worrying about you Phil, you're always on my mind and there's nothing I can do about it."

Phil looks up at me.

"I love you so much Lion, why cant you see?" I plead. His big, blue eyes meet my brown ones. Without saying a word he suddenly breaks into tears and I hold him closely, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

"I'm so sorry Dan. I love you too." He cries even harder. We hear a knock on the door. We pull away and Phil wipes his tears away with his sleeve. Phil's mum opens the door.

"Hi boys, sorry to interrupt."

"It's fine." I smile.

"Dan, I was just wondering if you were going to stay for dinner." she smiles back at me. I look back at Phil for approval.

"Yeah I will, thanks."

"Great, dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes!" She closes the door and Phil smiles at me.

"Hey Dan, do you want to stay here tonight?"

"I would love to." I kiss him on the cheek.

*PHIL'S POV*

||A/N: just btw the 'Martyn' in this fic is not supposed to be the real Martyn Lester, I just wanted Phil to have a younger brother in the fic so I thought I'd use his name xx||

Dan takes a seat next to me on the dining table. I smile at him, our fingers interlocked under the table.

"So Dan," Martyn starts.  "Have you and Phil fucked yet?"

"Martyn!" I shout, kicking my younger brother under the table.

"Martyn, language!" My mum yells, shocked. Dan laughs loudly over the chaos, almost in tears.

"Relax, Phil." Dan chuckles, wiping away a tear with his sleeve.

"Me and Phil are just friends actually, sorry to disappoint." Dan teases, grinning widely at my brother.

"Okay. Sure." Martyn winks at me, making Dan laugh even more.

"Sorry about him." My mum says, shaking her head, but smiling at the same time.

"It's fine." Dan laughs.

"Can Dan stay over tonight?" I ask my mum, desperately.

"Umm sure. We have a spare room if-"

"He's fine in my room actually.." I smile.

"Right. Of course..." She smiles at Dan awkwardly.

"We'll be in upstairs if you need us." I say, heading up the stairs.

***

A/N: There will be a part 2 pretty soon I hope but this was getting really long so I had to finish it haha. GUYS WE HIT 1K READS WTF THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL XXX THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES AND HAVE A NICE DAY!