Chapter 26 (2012)

*PHIL'S POV*

Screaming, shouting, tears, slamming doors. This is how every day goes now. We used to sleep right next to each other but now we're as far as you can be on one bed, if even sharing the same bed at all. At the end of the day we'll always apologise and make up but you could tell the fight was still unresolved.

I wake up next to Dan, him grabbing on to my waist. He is still asleep so I lean into him and kiss him lightly on the forehead. Sometimes it's nice to pretend nothing is wrong, to have one moment everything is okay again.

He's been sleeping on the couch for most of this week. Last night there was a storm and even though we'd been fighting he still crawled into bed with me to comfort me. I never really understood those who enjoy thunder and lighting. Loud bangs and flashes that could damn near kill you. How calming.

I savour the last moment I will share in bed with my boyfriend, knowing that when he wakes up the fight is likely to continue. I quietly slip out of bed and go to the kitchen.

As I put two pieces of bread into the toaster I hear a voice from behind the door.

"Hi." Dan smiles, slightly.

"Hey." I reply.

"I feel like we haven't talked in a while..." he says, taking a seat at the table.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, not properly."

"Right." I sigh.

"How have you been?"

I stare at him blankly.

"Come on, at least talk to me." He says softly.

I take a seat opposite him, carrying my plate in one and hand and my phone in the other.

"Dan, let's not pretend we can just have a normal conversation."

"I know, I know..." He pushes his hair back.

"What are we gonna do, Lion?"

"We could start by taking about it?"

"The last time we tried thay it didn't go very well.." he rolls his eyes slightly.

I sigh.

"Right, I'm sorry." he says again, staring down at his feet.

"I think we just need more time together- not fighting."

"We can do something, I'll call the school and tell them I'm sick."

I try to hide a grin.

"Watch movies and cuddle all day." He smirks.

I smile at the memory...