Chapter 22 (continued)

*PJ'S POV*

Laughter and chatter fills the room, so I almost can't hear the music that is playing... but when I notice someone walk in- the person I've been waiting forever to see, all noise stops for a second, and my heart stops beating along with it.

Chris smiles at me and I forget about all my worrying in that one moment, I forget about all the pain and heartache he he's caused me in the past few weeks... But behind him is a short girl with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. She smiles sweetly at the group and follows Chris to the sofa.

"Hey guys! This is my girlfriend, Emma."

[A/N: the 'Emma' in the story isn't necessarily Emma Blackery I just thought I'd use that picture because it kinda fits the description and she's friends with Chris in real life so yep]

As I hear the words I feel a sharp pain through my chest.
girlfriend
It would feel less painful if I he had stabbed repeatedly in the chest with a blunt knife.

"Hi!" She smiles shyly.

We all greet her and I sink down into my seat as Chris explains the cutesy-probably-only-70%-true story of how they met.

He kisses her on the cheek and she pushes him away playfully, giggling.
It makes me sick just watching it.

I smile and nod along to everything she is saying although inside my heart is slowly shattering into a million pieces.

***

After conversation dies down and most of our start to leave the party, Chris pulls me aside.

"Hey are you okay PJ, you seemed a little distracted tonight...?"

"I'm fine." I lie.

"So, what have you been up to? We haven't spoken in ages!" Chris exclaims.

"Not much..."

"PJ... are you sure you're okay? It's just that, well, we used to talk for hours and hours.. and now we barely talk."

He looks into my eyes, waiting for my to speak. I stare back at him blankly.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Chris..."

I take a step closer, gulping.

He takes one, also. I can smell the alcohol in his breath but I ignore it.
I place my hand on his cheek and...

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

*PHILS POV*

Dan walks drunkenly down the street, humming 'New Born' by Muse. I chuckle and put my hand around his waist before he falls down.

"I loveeee youuu!" he slurs, pulling me into a big hug and kissing me on the cheek.

"I love you too, now let's get you home." I say with a smile.

When we finally reach the house I open the door and put my keys in the bowl on the table.

I guide Dan to the bedroom, one hand on his shoulder to make sure he doesn't stumble while making his way up the stairs.

I giggle as Dan falls down onto the bed. I pull the duvet over him before climbing in myself.

"You're so cute, Lion."

"And you're so drunk Dan!" I say, trying my best not to blush.

He stares into my eyes lovingly, playing with my hair.

"We should get some sleep, Bear."

"Okay." He smiles, dimples showing. He places his head on my chest and starts to fall asleep. I kiss his forehead before turning the light off and, after a long night, finally getting some rest.

A/N: Hi it's me. I haven't updated for ages so here you go haha. (sorry >.<) I hope this two-story chapter thing isn't too confusing but the next chapter I'll carry on with the Chris and PJ stuff then maybe some Phan fluff hehe

Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment and vote xxx