Chapter 1: Trouble

Melody's POV:
I woke up to what's left of my alarm clock. What do I mean by that? I mean, my dad almost broke it for good. He got angry and threw it across the room.

I pulled myself up out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and hopped in. I let the warm water slide right down my back. It felt good. This is like, the only time I have to myself.

While I'm naked and wet...

I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my body. I walked to my closet and pulled out a high waisted black skirt with flowers on it, and a long sleeved black crop top. I put on a necklace and slid on my black converse. (Outfit on top.)

I curled my hair and did my regular makeup. I was finished. Finally. I always hated getting up so early and getting ready for school. But, on the bright side, I'm a senior with only like, a month of school left.

I made my way down the stairs cautiously. My abusive father could jump out of anywhere. And slap me for no reason. I made my way to the fridge without a bruise. I was fine, for now.

My dad has hated me ever since my mom died. He blames me. When I was younger, my mom and I were driving in her car. I was in the backseat. We made a sharp turn and a car rammed into us. My mom, well, she kinda went through the windshield. My dad thinks it's my fault. So, he's hated me ever since and hurts me.

I grabbed a water bottle and shut the fridge. Then I grabbed my bag and ran out the door. That was my normal routine every day.

I began walking down the street. I'm on my way to my friend Natalie's house. One of my only friends. Well, there's her, and my other friend, Jai. He's the sweetest guy you'll ever meet. He stands up for Natalie and I and he would do anything for us. I love him so much.

When I arrived at the humble home, I knocked on the door. My best friend walked out, all dolled up. She was wearing a pretty blue flowy dress and a pair of white sandals. She's so beautiful. I am so jealous.

"Hey, you ready?" I asked. She smiled sweetly and nodded.

Natalie has beautiful blonde hair and mysterious dark blue eyes. She's nice, just like you would expect a girl to be, but she can stand up for herself. She can be girly, but she can also be a tomboy sometimes. We're alot alike.

We like the same things, and the same style. The only difference really is our looks. I have chocolate brown hair and eyes to match. Just like my bestie, I can stand up for myself. I don't put up with other people's bull. I can be sweet when I want. You know what I say, If you give me respect, I'll give you respect. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. If you wanna be a brat, I can do way worse.

Like any other day, we walked into the school. No one surrounds us, like in the movies. We do see people whisper about us though. It was what happened every day. I was used to it.

You see, Natalie and I, we are not what you call, popular. We are, you could say, unpopular. We don't have big groups of people crowding around us all day. We don't have the a crowd following us all day. The poparazzi doesn't follow us around. We don't sign autographs or take pictures. We're just, normal. Average.

We parted ways to go to our lockers. I put in my lock number and pried open my locker. It's not the easiest to open. I started taking my books out for Algebra.

I felt large hands cover my eyes which cause me to giggle. I put my little petite hands on the ones covering my eyes. I heard a familiar laugh.

"Hi Jai," I said, removing his hands from my face. I turned to face him, leaving a little peck on his cheek. His warm smile appeared on his face.

Jai is one of the nicest, sweetest, cutest guys I've ever met. He's adorable. If we weren't such good friends, I would totally date this kid. But we only see each other as friends, just friends. We have a tight bond. We have each others backs.

We shared a hug in the middle of the hallway before I turned my attention back to my books. I have to try to get to Algebra early so that I can study. It's almost time for exams and I'm just preparing for the stress. I get anxiety at this time of the school year. At least this will be the last time, hopefully.

I shut my locker after the success of getting my books out. I locked it up and turned around. There he was.

Ross Lynch. Some call him the school hottie, some call him the school jerk. I prefer jerk. He doesn't have any respect for children, teenagers, or even adults. All he cares about is getting girls to love him, and then he leaves. He uses girls. He hasn't felt love. I doubt he even has a heart. As long as he stays away from me, we'll be okay. So far, it's great! He doesn't even notice me. Maybe it's because I don't get in his way. Every other girl surrounds him, begging for him to take them home with him. They're so stupid. They can't even see that they're being used. Ross has a line of girls, and just goes down the line. Each night, he drags a new one home.

His siblings, on a completely different note, are so sweet. Riker, his eldest brother, has been a good friend of mine for a while now. He's so adorable and nice. He doesn't take a new girl home each night. He cares about our feelings.

Rydel, his older sister, is just a pure sweetheart. She talks to Natalie and I alot. She's invited us over a few times to stay over, but I've been afraid. I mean, I don't really know of what, I just am. Anyways, we're really good friends and we tell each other everything. She talks to me about all of her crushes, mostly.

Rocky, the second oldest boy, is nice, but he doesn't put up with crap. I've heard him yell a few times, which is kinda scary. He has a deep voice, which makes him sound big and scary. I bet it comes in handy. But, we are friends too. He's like my big brother, like Jai. I've been bullied alot and he stands up for me. I appreciate him.

Ryland, his youngest brother, is like an innocent little kid. He has a big heart. If he sees someone crying in the hallway, he'll go up to them and comfort them. He's definitely the nicest of them all. He askes me how my day is, and if I'm doing okay, every single day. He has more heart in one little finger than other people do in their whole body. So sweet.

Anyway, back to Ross. Cara Burns. He had Cara Burns pinned up against a locker, making out with her. Him and her are considered the two most popular people in this school. People like Ross and Cara are bound to find each other. They're bound to be together. It's like a law. If the two populars aren't together, the whole school is a disaster. Do you know how many mouths have probably been on Ross's? I would never kiss that. Girls are stupid these days. They're blinded by his hotness. I mean, if I said that I didn't have a crush on him, I'd be lying. He's flawless. But with his attitude and how he treats girls, I'd never go out with that.

The bell rang and I scurried off to class. I don't wanna be caught up in the middle of Ross's gang, or Cara's brat group. I don't want any trouble.

I never did...