Chapter 21: "I'm fine."

Melody's POV:
I am so stressed and worried about Ross. When he said that he wanted to die, I about died. That's how hard it hit me. He means absolutely everything to me. I've been pacing around my room for hours, tugging at my hair. Why does he wanna leave this earth? He is good for me, why would he think that he's not? I couldn't sleep last night. I was wondering what Ross was doing, I was so anxious. This kid is going to drive me crazy.

I walked into the shower, feeling relief as the warm water hit my back and sides. Down my legs, then sliding into the drain. After a while of that, I stepped out after washing. I wrapped a towel around my body, walking into my bedroom. I pinched the while cloth around my body as I dug for some clothes. Once I found something I liked, I threw it on. Outfit on top.

I walked down the stairs, grabbing my bag and water bottle in the process. I walked out the door, looking both ways before starting to walk. It was very peaceful out this morning. Only the sounds of the birds chirping was heard. There was a slight breeze, but nothing much. The sunrise looked beautiful, as always. As I arrived at Natalie's house, I wondered what she would say to me. She knows about Ross and I. Jai had to go and tell her, and I wasn't ready. I knocked softly on the door, causing it to swing open by my best friend's mother.

"Melody, how are you darling?" She smiled, clapping her hands together. I shrugged.

"I'm good Terri, how are you?" I asked. She nodded, indicating she was okay. I let out a deep breath. This was kinda awkward.

"Oh, Natalie left for school already. Do you know what's wrong? I don't know what's gotten into her," she tilted her head in confusion. I replied with a simple no, and walked off.

I arrived at school, hoping to see Ross around. I went to walk to his locker. Once I arrived, I looked and saw him digging through his locker. I sighed relief once I saw my beautiful, blonde boyfriend still alive and breathing. He's still here with me, where he should be.

I walked up to him, standing on my tip toes, kissing his little cheek. He looked over at me and pulled himself out of his locker. I smiled. At him and looked into those beautiful hazel eyes.

"Hey, babe. How is my boy this morning?" I asked, hopefully lightening up his mood. He seemed very down and glum. He grabbed my waist, pulling me in for a hug. I hugged back tighter, squeezing him like there was no tomorrow.

"I missed you," he simply whispered in my ear. I smiled. Just knowing that he's still here, and wants to be with me, makes me the happiest, must exited girl on earth. I buried my face in his shoulder, taking in his scent of cologne. He always smelled so good.

"I missed you too, babe. You okay? You seem kinda down today." I rubbed his back a bit, making a pouty face at him. He slightly smiled. Aw, there's the smile I love.

"I'm fine."

"You promise?" I asked him, seriously. He nodded a cute little nod. "So, whatcha looking for there?"

He shrugged, pushing some papers back into his locker, then closing it gently. I grasped his hand lightly, pulling him closer to me. I slowly placed my lips on his, carefully deepening the kiss. His hands held my hips firmly, as my fingers roamed through his hair. Our eyes were shut, just enjoying the moment. We both pulled away with a breath, and I grinned at him.

Just then, the bell rang for first period. I sighed and placed a gentle kiss on Ross's forehead, hugging him one last time. I began walking away, until I heard my name.

"Melody," Ross's voice said. I turned my heels, looking at my boyfriend.

"I'll see you later, babe. Have a good day," he smiled. Aw, he's so cute. I smiled so big, blowing a kiss in his direction. He pretended to catch it, placing it on his lips. I just rolled my eyes and continued on my way to class.

I have an amazing boyfriend.