Chapter 14: "Don't lie to me,"

Melody's POV:
Ross slowly made his way over to me, smirking. He grasped my hips and began kissing my neck, nibbling and biting it once or twice. I let this go on for a while. I didn't want to stop it but I did.

I pushed Ross away and dragged him out of my room, and down the steps. We walked into the living room and I sat him down on the couch, "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked. He shrugged and nodded. Okay?

I put in Endless Love. Why? Oh, no reason. I'm serious, no reason. I love this movie, that's why. I sat down next to Ross, and he did the stupid, cliché, yawn and put his arm around you, thing. I laughed and snuggled into his side. The movie began playing and I felt my eyes get heavy. Then I saw nothing but darkness.

-

I woke up and noticed the movie was over. I looked over and saw Ross asleep. His mouth was parted slightly and his eyes were closed. Soft snores escaped from his mouth. Yeah, I remember when I used to say I wouldn't kiss him, because of all he mouths that have been on his. I admit, I was wrong. But, I'm glad I kissed him. He's a good kisser. I grabbed my phone and checked the time.

Six fifty-six!! Ross has to leave now, or I'm getting slapped again and he could possibly get slapped also. I shook him rapidly until his eyes fluttered open, "Ross, you have to leave!" I panicked.

He questioned me. There is no time for this! He needs to get out! "My dad will be home any minute! I don't want you to get hurt," I said the last part seriously. He picked himself up off the couch and walked over to me. He hugged me.

"Shh, calm down, babe. I'll be just fine. Why would I get hurt?" He asked. I began crying into his shoulder. He rubbed up and down my back. Ross is actually really sweet. I don't know how. Before this, he was a jerk that didn't even notice me. But now, he's comforting me. Wow.

Just then, I heard the door open. Shoot. I pushed Ross up to my room quickly and shut the door. He kept asking random questions that I wouldn't answer. I made him sit on my bed.

"Come down here, brat!" I heard a terrifying voice. I told Ross to stay in my room until I returned.

I walked down the steps and up to my dad. He looked at me with anger filled eyes and gave me an evil glare, "Who's here, who's car is that?" He asked.

Shoot! I forgot about Ross's car! Ugh, this is so bad! I breathed in deeply and looked at the floor.

"I- I don't know,"

"Don't lie to me," he growled. It's like he can tell when I'm lying. it's not even funny. Either that, or I'm a terrible liar. Probably both.

"I really don't know, dad," I explained. He shook his head, lifting his hand. Soon enough, I felt it right across my cheek. I let tears flow from my eyes like a river, running up to my room.

I opened the door and slammed it shut, breaking down at the door. I fell onto my knees and sobbed into my hands. Not even two seconds later, Ross was in from of me, on his knees, helping me.

"I can't believe he did that to you, Melody. Does this happen often?" He asked, seeming very concerned.

"Wait, you- you saw that?" I whimpered. He nodded.

"Now, answer my question," he demanded. There it is. Demanding Ross. ...Scary Ross.

"Yes. But please don't tell anyone," I begged. He shook his head.

"Babe, I can't let him keep doing this to you," he explained. I shook my head. Excuse him. Coming from him, Ross Lynch, the player. The jerk...

"What are you talking about? Have you seen what you do to girls? Use them, then leave! You're almost just like him! You- you player!" I yelled. Oh no. What did I just do? Please don't tell me he's mad at me. I looked up and saw his hand balled into fists so tight, that his knuckles were turning white. His face was red. Shoot.

"Fine! That's why you kissed me!You almost got in bed with me! That's why I wanted to change for you! I was going to change this whole jerk thing, and get help, for you! Because I wanted you Melody! I knew you wouldn't want to be with me if I was like I am now, but I've been having Riker help me! That's why I've been being so nice to you! Because I wanted to be with you! Don't you get it? Ever since you came into my life, since the first time I saw you, I wanted you! So I quit the whole act! I haven't made out with Cara in a long time! Because I didn't want her anymore! I want you!" He stopped. I was shocked. He was breathing heavily, out of breath.

I bit my lip nervously and stood up with him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in the crook of it, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I know, you've been trying so hard. I just, I never thought that after what you've done in the past, you could change. But I see that you can. You're an amazing person Ross. And, to tell you the truth, I've liked you ever since kindergarten," I blushed a little. I pulled my face out of his neck. He pried my hands from himself. What? I'm confused.

"Leave me alone. If that's really what you think of me, maybe we shouldn't be together," he grumbled, "I'm just a player, according to the girl I want,"

I shook my head, "No no no, Ross. Please, don't go. I was just upset and didn't realize what I was doing. I promise, that's not what I really think of you. I think that you're an amazing guy. I wanna be with you too. Can't we just work this out?" I pleaded.

"Yeah, I'll see you at school on Monday," he muttered, walking towards my window. I stopped him.

"Wait," I said. He turned around and looked at me, "Can I have a goodbye kiss? I mean, I'll have to go all weekend without you're lips," I exclaimed. He rolled his eyes and walked over to me.

When he leaned in, I thought he was going to kiss me, but instead, he left a peck on my cheek. Then he turned back around, opened my window and jumped out. Leaving me alone in my room. Oh gosh,

He likes me.

--------
Hi! OMG, Ross likes Melody! This chapter was deeeeeep!

Stay ROSSOME!
~Paige