Chapter 25: Mine first

Melody's POV:
This was it. The last day of school. I'm finally going to graduate, and then tomorrow I turn eighteen. I'll finally be able to move out of this hell hole and in with Ross, wherever he plans to stash me. I really don't care, as long as I'm with my boyfriend and away from my dad.

My relationship with Ross is going exactly how I wanted it to. He is so perfect, and his acts is cleaning up by the day. He has been such a good kid, and I think he actually got a good grade on one of his last tests. He's really impressing me, and Jai and Natalie. Yeah, I've seen them look at me and Ross in the hallway. And even when they give me dirty looks, I ignore them and remember that I'm with the man of my dreams.

So after my shower of course, I put on the last outfit I'll ever wear to school. on top. I was honestly kind of going to miss that school. I mean, it was where I met Ross, and where we got together. That's the school that owns the lockers that Ross and I kissed against, the hallways we held hands in. We even fixed some of our problems in that very school. But hopefully I'll never leave Ross, nor he won't me and we'll be together forever. Hopefully.

I made my way down the road, my heels clonking against the pavement loudly. It was once again a beautiful day like any other day. The birds still chirped early in the morning and the chilly breeze was still flowing upon me. I know for sure that I'll miss walking to school. It was really the only good part about going there. Walking to school is how I found peace with myself and how I get reminded of my mother. It's almost like she tells me everyday as I walk down this road that it will be ok. She tells me that it truly wasn't my fault that she went to be with the Lord, no longer feeling pain. I can just imagine her in heaven as a beautiful angel, clothed in white, pain free. Truly a gorgeous thought.

When I arrived at school, everyone looked at me as I walked in. The usual. But it doesn't seem to bother me anymore. Ross has boosted my confidence level one hundred times more than it was before. I honestly have no clue where I'd be without that boy. He is such a damn blessing.

I slowly walked down the hall that I know Ross likes to pin me in. I looked from right to left, walking slower each step, waiting for a special blonde to show up. I closed my eyes and smiled brightly as I felt my back against the lockers, and I fresh minty breath smell in my nose.

"Morning, beautiful," he whispered in my ear, causing shivers to go cross my body, sending goosebumps to the top of my skin.

I slightly giggled at him, blushing a bit too. He grasped my sides and firmly pushed his lips to mine, kissing me with a phenomenal amount of love and passion. I absolutely loved the sweet pecking noise our lips made as they broke apart, just to collide right back together again. My fingers still ran through his hair, no different than any other day. And he always has tasted of sugar. Not that I mind that at all.

"Hi baby," I smiled, rubbing my nose against his, giving him tons of tiny Eskimo kisses. He's always loved those ; they always seem to put a smile on his face.

"So listen, there is this really freakin' gorgeous girl ok, and her birthday is tomorrow, but I have no idea what to get her except for kisses and some really hot birthday sex," he winked, squeezing my ass.

I bit my lip and chuckled, pecking his nose. "Those two things should be absolutely fine. She loves that, as long as they're from this really handsome blonde that stole her heart ages ago."

He smiled.

Something about his smile made me feel- just so happy. It just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside and you can't help it! He's just the cutest thing ever, and without him I'd be nothing.

"But he wants to get her something special! Something she'll never forget. Something she'll love."

"Well she loves you. She couldn't ask for anything better," I hugged him.

He hugged me back tightly. I could've sworn I heard him whisper I love you lowly as he kissed my shoulder.

I could've sworn..

-

At the end of the day, I walked to my locker before the bell rang to get the rest of my stuff that I needed. I still cannot believe I'm graduating! And I can't believe Ross made it through high school and is graduating too haha. He literally just made it. If he wouldn't have re-taken that test in Mr.Check's room, he possibly could've been re-taking senior year. And that wouldn't be good. But, I'm super proud of him.

As I was just closing my locker, I saw motion from the corner of my eye. I turned and looked to see Natalie running toward me, dragging Jai behind her. I rolled my eyes and slammed my locker instead of gently shutting it like I was planning on doing.

"Melody! Melody! I'm- I'm so sorry," she panted, bending over and trying to catch her breath.

"For what? For disrespecting me and my boyfriend? Yeah I honestly don't give a shit anymore," I spat, placing my bookbag onto my back.

"Whoa, Melody, you never cuss. But that's beside the point. Listen, I miss you. You're my best friend and I can't live without you. And Jai has been so miserable. He's just jealous of Ross because he has a crush on you."

"Natalie!" Jai scolded. I blushed.

And to think the whole time I had a crush on him, he was crushing on me too. I would've never thought. He was honestly too perfect for me at the time. I thought I'd never have a chance with him. Yet I thought that about Ross as well.

"Please Mel, I want my best friend back. I love you," she pleaded. I frown and gave a small eye roll.

"Come here, goofball," I pulled her into a big teddy bear hug. She smiled and jumped into my arms. We both couldn't help but laugh.

"You too, weirdo."

I wrapped my arms around Jai and it felt.. good. I absolutely missed being in both of my best friend arms. They were my world, and being away from them for so long made me sad, and a bit angry that I didn't try to fix things with them earlier.

Suddenly I heard a voice behind me. I knew that voice. I smirked to myself and pulled myself out of Jai's arms, turning around to face my wonderful boyfriend. He stopped smiling when he saw Jai, but placed a smile right back on when he hugged me.

"Hey gorgeous, whatcha up to?" He asked, gently pecking my lips.

I licked my lips, containing a smile. "My friends apologized for being so disrespectful to you. So now we can all just be happy. Isn't that amazing?"

He nodded, kissing my forehead and grabbing my hand.

"She was mine first, asshole."

"Jai!" Natalie smacked him in the arm.

I rolled my eyes once more today and placed my head on Ross's chest. I heard his calm heartbeat as I clung onto him, showing him my love for him and only him.

"It'll be ok," he whispered.

And of course, he was right. Like always.

holy cow i finally updated whoo!