Chapter 5: "Come over tonight,"

Melody's POV:
Well, my weekend consisted of reading, and pretty much doing nothing all day. I should be used to it by now. It happens every weekend. I sit in there with the door shut and locked, while reading a cliché love story and dream about finding a love like that. Then I cry, cause I don't have any friends, a boyfriend, or a life. And then, I read another one. And the cycle just repeats itself.

So, after my warm, delightful shower this morning, I put on a pair of light jean shorts, a dark red, like, velvet colored lacy shirt, and my black converse. (Outfit on top.)

I curled my hair and did my makeup. After grabbing my bag, like I do every morning, I ran downstairs. I didn't really care this morning. He can hurt me, I'll just have the battle wounds to show everyone at school. I grabbed a water bottle and took off. My dad wasn't there. Hm, I wonder where he is. Not that I care. I raced down the street. Why am I so active today? This is not normal. I think I'm going crazy.

Once I finally reached Natalie's house, after a long, painful run, she walked out wearing a blue short skirt, with a plain white v-neck and some blue vans. She has a pair of shoes to match everything, I swear. We link arms and begin our journey to a place called school. Every child's worst nightmare. I don't think anyone likes school. I mean, some kids do, but not me. The thing I hate most is getting up so darn early. If school started at like, eleven, I would actually enjoy it. Maybe.

We walked in the double door and again, saw everyone staring and whispering. Sometimes, I think I have something in my teeth. I brush every morning. Oh well. They can think what they want. My mom always told me that it doesn't matter what other people think. I should just be myself. My mother was a very smart woman. That's one of the things I loved most about her. She gave good advice. I could go to her with all of my problems. I miss her so much.

I shoved more books into my locker today. I hate doing this, did I mention that before? Well, I do. Today, I wanna get to class early and study. Exams are next week, I need to be prepared. I studied over the weekend some, but not as much as I wanted to. I have to pass, I can't stand coming to school anymore. I just need to get out of this place.

I started walking towards class until I was stopped. I couldn't see who, it all happened so fast. I was pushed up against a locker. I had a really good guess though. Who else pushes girls up against lockers. I can only think of one person. Hm, Ross?

"Hey beautiful," he nibbled at my earlobe. I slightly blushed. Did he just call me beautiful? That's new, cause just the other day, I was invisible. I sighed.

"What Ross?" I asked. He left a trail of kisses down my neck, and another down my jaw. He just ignored my question Looks like I'm not gonna be studying this morning.

"Ross, stop," I twitched. He stopped and pulled away, just enough to look into my eyes. His face was so close to mine. His breath smelled of mint. I could feel it on my face. I just want him to leave me alone. I'm not in the mood for this. I did notice though, he has beautiful hazel eyes. That's all I have to say.

"Melody," he whispered. I nodded my head, indicating I was listening, "Come over tonight," he begged. When I heard that, I snapped. That's all he wants me for! Ah, I should've known.

"No! See Ross, you do this to every girl and persuade them to come home with you! Then you use them and then just leave. That's ridiculous! Can't you respect a girl?" I spat as I let a tear fall. Why am I crying? His face looked shocked. I pulled myself out of his grip and stormed off. I heard him calling my name from behind, but I ignored it. I don't ever wanna see that jerk again. Idiot.

When I reached my classroom, I sat down furiously. I don't need him. Why am I even crying anyways. I mean, I like Ross, but I would never date him. I couldn't trust him. He's the same person he was and will always be. I can't stand him. I can't take it anymore. If only he hadn't messed with Natalie, he wouldn't have known me and I would still be invisible. I wish it went back to being that way. Ross has been with every girl in this school. You name her, he's been with her. They've probably all been in his bed too. I can't stand the fact that he doesn't respect anyone!

Why am I still blabbing about him? I need to just forget it! It's ticking me off and putting me under a lot of stress. Huh, a boy is causing me stress. Other than my dad, I never thought a guy could do it. I always thought that I was gonna be a loner for the rest of my life. That's what I need.

I hate guys...