Chapter 4: Success

Melody's POV:
Well, it's 8:00PM on a Friday night. Everyone that goes to my school is probably out, having a good time, and I'm just stuck here reading a good old book. I mean, I love reading, but I wanna go out to a party. Maybe get drunk or something. I've never done that before.

I mean, I'm eighteen. I need to get out some more. Not that my father would let me, cause he won't. I wanna have some fun, take a risk, be a rebel. I bet everyone in my school has been to a party before, and I haven't. The only parties I've been to are birthday parties. They weren't very fun either, but, let's not bring back the memories. Ugh. It would be best. Then, I heard my phone go off. Who is willing to talk to me?

From Jai: Hey, I'm going to a little party. Wanna come with?

Oh my god. It's my lucky day! Jai, you're a lifesaver! I don't think I've ever been this happy since- Well, I don't think I've ever been this happy! I need something to wear. And shoes, and makeup. Well, I should start by texting him back.

To Jai: Yes! Pick me up!

Alright! I jumped off of my bed and slipped into my closet. I found this really pretty, sparkly black dress. It will be perfect. (Dress on top.)

I slid the dress on and it fit perfectly. I didn't even know I owned this dress. It showed off my curves and was nice and tight. Who knows, maybe I'll find a boyfriend? Yeah, right. Keep dreaming, Melody! I found a pair of black heels at the bottom of my closet. I guess they will work. After adding those to my outfit, I curled my hair and did my makeup. I then looked in my full body mirror. I don't think I've ever looked this good. I clean up nicely. I think.

Okay, now the hard part, getting past my dad. I grabbed my bag and slowly walked down the steps. When I heard the television, I knew that he was watching it. I took off my heels so they wouldn't clomp as I walked in the kitchen. I made my way to the door, opening it, hoping it doesn't creek. Thankfully, my door liked me this time. I gently shut it and slid my heels back on. I waited in the driveway patiently for Jai. Not long after, he pulled up. I smiled. This is gonna be fun.

"Wow, you look stunning," Jai complimented. I slightly blushed and looked down at my feet.

"Thank you," I said. Jai began driving off. I became more excited by the minute. I'm kinda nervous too. I mean, I've never been to a party. It's a new thing.

Twenty minutes passed by like it was nothing. I jumped a bit as we pulled in. I saw lights and a bunch of cars. I saw some people outside with their drinks raised in the air as they all danced. Jai and I got out of his car and he linked arms with me. We got to the doorstep and walked into the house filled with music and laughter. Everyone just having a good time. The bright lights shined into my eyes. Jai led me through the crowd. He suddenly stopped and turned to look at me.

"Listen Melody, I know you've never been to a party before, so I want you to stay by my side at all times," he stated seriously. I nodded. This is exciting. Jai smiled and linked our arms together again.

He led us to a drink and snack table. The brunette poured me some punch and handed it to me. I smiled and thanked him. He really is sweet. Jai took me to the middle of the dance floor. We danced for a good while, actually. He's a really good dancer. He spun me one last time before heading over to the table again. Okay, what do I do now? He left me. I guess I'm a loner. I turned around and came face to face with someone I didn't expect of want to see.

"Hey, babe," he said with a grin. I should've followed Jai when he left. I don't want anything to do with this jerk.

"What do you want? Aren't you mad at me for what I did to you earlier?" I questioned. He shook his head. How? How is he not mad? You can't tell me that didn't hurt.

"Nope. You're feisty, I like feisty," he winked. I scoffed. What is wrong with this boy? Can't he get it through his head that I don't like him. I shook my head.

"You look sexy tonight," he said, looking me up and down. I blushed and looked down. Why am I blushing? I had to thank him though, it was a compliment, I think. So I did. He smiled at my words.

"Wanna dance?" He asked with hope in his eyes.

I shook my head, "Sorry Ross, I gotta go find Jai," I scurried off. I found my best friend at the snack table, eating, talking to some guy. I'll leave him alone...

Later that night, Jai took me home. I had fun, I really did. I mostly danced, by myself. It's okay though, I had fun at my first party. When I arrived home, I hugged my friend and let him go home. Now, I have to get inside without waking my dad. Great.

I opened the door to my, not so humble home, and heard my dad snoring. I sighed and shut the door. I raced up the steps and entered my room. I shut the door and let out a sigh of relief. I then locked in and changed into my comfy pajamas. I washed off all my makeup and layed down in bed.

Success...