Chapter 28: Ouch

Ross's POV:
I wake up to realize my arms are empty and the most beautiful body on the planet isn't laying next to me. I panic a little a first but then chill out a bit. My baby is probably just hanging downstairs with my fam.

So with that, I drag myself out of bed and put on a pair of comfy pants, then jog downstairs to find my girl. Before I can turn the corner, I hear giggling. I know it's Melody, her laugh is so distinct, I'd know it anywhere. I smile a little, hearing her little chuckle. I walk into the living room, only to see her, Rydel, and Rocky talking to an old friend of mine from school.

I became very confused, and scratched my head. Why is Josh in my living room? Especially at this time in the morning? Him and I had gotten in an argument about 6 months ago, and I haven't really spoken to him since.

Melody was sitting right next to him, a little too close for my liking. She had a big smile on her face and she laughed at almost everything that came out of his mouth. I feel the jealousy kick in, and my stomach starts to hurt. She was already all dressed, wearing a damn sexy outfit that shows off her breasts and stomach. I shook it off and began to walk into the living room towards her.

As soon as she laid eyes on me, I could see a sparkle in them. "Hi baby!" She chanted, reaching up her arms for me to pick her up. I pulled her into my body and buried my face in her neck. I kissed it many times and then pulled away to look at her.

Damn she's beautiful. I got so lucky.

I rocked my girl back and forth in my arms as she began to speak. "How did you sleep?"

"Pretty good, I missed you this morning..." I trailed off, "I'm sorry, but I have to ask, why is Josh here?" I chuckled a little, hoping there's a good explanation for this.

Josh stood up off the couch and patted my shoulder. "Hey bro, I just wanted to come apologize in person. I felt bad about what happened a few months ago, and I wanted to make it good again. But when I got here, your girl opened the door, along with your bro and sis."

I nodded, holding onto Mel tighter. I kissed her forehead and then placed her feet back onto the ground, letting her out of my grasp. I shook Josh's hand and told him everything was chill and we were cool again, but I wanted nothing more than for him to leave.

I asked when he was leaving, and as soon as the words left my lips I heard a gasp from Rydel. "Ross!" She shouted.

"No, no, it's chill. I'll get outta your hair." Josh said, running his hand through his hair. "I'll see you guys later."

Josh walked towards the door and after he had opened it her turned around the gave us again. "See ya Mel," he winked, waving a hand. I heard her giggle and give a little wave back at him.

What the hell? Did I miss something? He's for sure flirting with her right? I'm not crazy. I protectively place my arm around Melody and pull her into my body, kissing her head. Once Josh is finally out of my sight, I calm myself down a little.

"Ross, why haven't you introduced me to Josh before? He's not so bad," she shrugs. I make a weird face a her, confused why she all of a sudden cares so much about my friends. I shake it off and sit down on the couch.

"I don't know," I say, rubbing my eyes.

She continues to nag me about Josh, and why I never let her meet him before and all this bullshit. Finally I had absolutely enough of it, and I stood up and looked her in the eyes. "Mel, just stop. Stop talking," I spoke sternly.

"But Ross, I just wanna know why Josh-"

I cut her off by pushing her away from me, with my physical hands. That was my first mistake. And then I screamed shut up in her face. And that was my second mistake. I looked up at her and saw tears flowing down her cheeks rapidly. I had finally realized what I had done and placed my hand over my mouth in shock.

She was wearing a tank top, so I could see her shoulders starting to bruise from my hands grabbing her and pushing her away. I didn't think I had that hard of a grip. Rydel had made her way over to Melody quickly to make sure she was ok. Rydel yelled at me almost as loud as I'd yelled at Mel. I felt so ashamed, and scared of what would happen next.

"Baby..." I cooed. I couldn't even move. "baby I am so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"To what Ross? You didn't mean to lay hands on your girlfriend?" Rydel snorted. I felt my eyes well up with tears, I didn't know what to do or say. I felt like I couldn't breath. "Yanno Ross, I thought you'd changed. Guess I was wrong."

Ouch.

She hugged Melody and began to walk away with her. I had to do something, I couldn't just watch the girl I love walk away, knowing I did something to upset her.

"Mel," I pleaded. She looked up at me with pink swollen eyes. God I messed up. "Honey please know I didn't mean to hurt you. I would never touch you like that, this was never my intention. I was angry, and I lost my temper. I am so so sorry."

"Ross I know, just give me a minute, ok? Please." She winced in pain as she started to walk away. I could hear the attitude in her voice, but I don't blame her. This is on me.

She walked up the stairs with Rydel by her side, helping her along the way. I sat down on the edge of the couch and face palmed myself. How could I be so stupid? She makes me so happy, she makes me a better person and I could've just ruined all of it. I hate myself.