Chapter 16: "Be good to her, man,"

Melody's POV:
I woke up next to a warm, bare body. I was snuggled into the side of a sleeping Ross. Memories flooded through my mind of what had just happened. Did I regret it? No. Did I enjoy myself? Yes. When Ross said that he would be gentle, and stop if I wanted him to, he wasn't lying. He really meant it. I made him stop once, because I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing. And, he was very easy and gentle with me. I'm glad I did this. I'm glad this happened.

I sat myself up in Ross's little twin sized bed. That didn't stop us from going at it, though. I stretched my arms out and yawned. I felt movement, and looked over. I saw blondie moving around, about to wake up. When his eyes fluttered open, a smile immediately appeared on his flawless face. That caused me to smile, while looking down at him. We locked eyes and I lied back down.

"Hey," he started. I giggled and waved at him. He swung his arm over my shoulder, and I snuggled up closer to him. I sighed and nuzzled my nose into the crook of his neck.

"I gotta go home," I pouted. That's when Ross snapped. Oh gosh, this got interesting.

"No!" Was his first word spoken. What's up with him? He grabbed my hand, "Melody, I will not let you got home, and just leave you for your father to abuse you. That isn't right. I just don't want you to get hurt," he explained. He cares? Aww, that's sweet, but, I can't just live on the streets.

"Sure Ross, and where am I gonna go?" I sassed. He let a deep sigh escape from his mouth. We sat there in silence for a few minutes. I looked over at him after a while. He looked as if he was thinking very hard about this situation. Suddenly, his eyes brightened. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, as to why he looked ecstatic.

"Stay here, babe. With me. I'm sure my parents won't mind. I mean, as long as we're not to loud in the middle of the night," he winked. I giggled a bit, shaking my head. What's he been thinking?

"Ross, as much as I would love to stay here with you, I still belong to my dad. He still has custody of me. He'll come find me, and take me back," I whined. He sighed and nodded his head in defeat. Ross and I got dress, so that we weren't laying in his bed like that when his parents or siblings got home. That would be weird and wrong. Plus, no one else knows about us.

We walked down the steps, hand in hand, my head placed on his shoulder. We reached the kitchen area and stood in front of the door. He grabbed both of my hands in his and I looked down at them, smiling. I am so glad that he's in my life. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's so sweet, and caring. Who knew? Before, I thought he was just some heartless jerk that didn't care about anybody's feeling, and used girls. But, he's not. He's my jerk. He's nice to me and cares for me, that's all that matters. I need him in my life.

"Hey, why don't you call the police on that maniac you call your father?" He asked. I chuckled. He always knows what to say.

I rolled my eyes. He rolled his as well and said, "At least trying to turn him in. For me?" He cried. I smiled and pecked his cheek. He smirked, "I'll take that as a yes?"

"Yes,"

He leaned forward, gently placing his lips on mine. He kissed me softly, with love and care. I sighed as he pulled away. Ross leaned his forehead against mine, leaving our eyes locked. Our noses rubbed together as our foreheads stayed placed on each other's.

Suddenly, we heard the sound of laughter and a car door shutting. Ross pulled away from me and face palmed himself, cursing. My eyes widened and he told me to go to his room. I ran upstairs and shut Ross's bedroom door. I sat quietly on his bed and played with my fingers.

Time passed and I've been sitting up here for about five minutes. I sighed and leaned my head against the wall. Then, the door opened. I expected to see Ross, coming to get me so that I could go home, but in came... Ryland. Shoot.

"Melody? What are you doing here?" He asked, his eyes full of confusion. I had to make up an excuse. But what would I say? I'm a terrible liar.

"Um, I came here to see you. Hi!" I chirped. He nodded. Wait, that actually worked? Surprising. That surprisingly worked, I think.

"Hi. Now, do you wanna tell me why you're really here?" He sat next to me. I sighed, looking at my legs. Ryland rubbed my back. I told him all about Ross and I, leaving out what we just recently did in his room. That would be embarrassing. He seemed... shocked? Excited? I really don't know what that facial expression meant. He didn't seem angry though, which is a good sign. I think.

"Oh. Listen Mel, he's bad news. I just want you to promise me something," he begged. I nodded my head as he continued, "Promise me that you'll be careful. I don't want you getting hurt. You have a big heart, I don't wanna see it broken,"

I nodded once more, "I promise. Thanks Ryland," I kissed his cheek. He nodded, starting to walk out of the room, but I stopped him quickly.

"Please don't tell anyone Ry, please," I pleaded. He nodded, smiling a big smile. He exited the room and left me all alone. Waiting for Ross. By the way, where is Ross?

I sat there for a little while longer, waiting, by myself. Then, I heard someone outside of the door. The whispering became louder until the people were talking in their normal voices. I heard to familiar people.

"Be good to her, man,"

"I will,"

Then, the door swung open, revealing my blondie. I shot a smile in his direction as he did the same. He came over to me and linked our arms together, pulling me out of his room.

Why does he have to be so darn cute?