Chapter 17: I'm bored...

~Saturday Morning, 11:56 AM~

Melody's POV:
I woke up to the buzz of my phone. I checked the time and then crawled out of bed. I opened my curtains, letting the beautiful sunshine into my window. I carefully made my bed, and then grasped my phone, unlocking it. I had a message... from Ross. Smiling, I read the text.

From Ross: I'm bored...

I giggled. Ross and I have still been seeing each other everyday at school this past week. He makes me happy. He makes me laugh, like he did just now, and he makes me smile. He hasn't been a jerk to anyone. I think I've changed his ways. I've made him change his lifestyle. He smiles a lot more than he used to. He's happier. I'm happier. We've changed life for each other.

To Ross: Aww, that's so sad. You okay?

From Ross: I miss you :(

I smiled. That's another thing. Ross has been so caring of others. It's been a while since I've seen him pin a girl up against a locker, I mean, other than me. But, we do it to each other. I'll push him against the wall and then we make out. Ah, good times. Oh, and it's been a while since I've see a random kid against the lockers, with Ross bullying him for his money. That's a good sign.

From Ross: It's been a while, hasn't it?

To Ross: We just saw each other at school yesterday!

From Ross: Anddddd?

To Ross: Fine, you win. I miss you too.

I set my phone down on my nightstand and walked downstairs. I'm starving, which isn't normal, because I don't usually eat breakfast. I never do. So I made my way down the steps and got into the refrigerator. I pulled out an apple and walked over to the sink.

After washing my juicy red apple, I took a big bite. Yummy. I sat down at the table, because my dad isn't home. Thank the lord. Who knows what he's off doing? I could care less. He can do whatever he wants. I prefer that he gets thrown in jail.

I've actually been thinking a lot about what Ross said. If his parents didn't mind, maybe I'll just move in with him. I mean, it's not like my dad will notice I'm gone. He won't care either. He could care less what I do, and I could say the same for him. He won't call me, or ask how I'm doing. He's not the best dad.

I should start planning my escape right now. I turn eighteen next week. My birthday is May 27th. Today is the twenty first. Our last day of school is a day before my birthday, May 26th. When I turn eighteen, I'll be a legal adult. I can move out and do things on my own, without getting slapped. I remember the first time it happened. The first time he slapped me. I remember it like it was yesterday...

Flashback

"I'm sorry for your loss, sir," the doctor said, walking away. My father and I stood in the waiting room. I was only seven at the time. I was released from the hospital a few days before. The accident was severe, but I was wearing a seat belt in the back seat.

There was a moment of silence. No one was in the waiting room but my father and I. He had the open opportunity to scream at me, which is exactly what he did, "This is all your fault, you little brat!" He yelled.

I jumped, as tears fell down my face. My little body was shaking. My dad had never raised his voice at me like that before. I was petrified, "What did I do, daddy?" I asked, looking up at my father with big eyes.

"You killed your mother, idiot. Are you happy?" He growled. I shook my head, hanging it in shame. At that time, I didn't know any better. I didn't know it wasn't my fault. I was so innocent and vulnerable. So little. So afraid.

"Daddy, why are you so angry?" I whimpered. His expression changed from angry, to beyond ticked. He was so ticked off at me. And for a while, I didn't blame him.

He shook his head and whipped his hand across my face. Instant tears. A river streamed out from my eyes. That's when I started growing scared of my father.

That one little slap, changed my life.

End Flashback

Ever since then, I've been terrified of him. And who wouldn't be? If you started getting abused at such a young age, what would you do? Just take it? Let me tell you, it was hard. It's hard having your father hate you. The one man in your life that you could supposedly trust, that would never hurt you. Not my father. I would suggest looking somewhere else.

I made my way back up the stairs after throwing away my apple core. I opened the door to my bedroom and shut it after entering. I walked myself back over to my nightstand to pick up my phone again. One new message from Ross.

From Ross: I always win! What are you doing today?

To Ross: Nothing. What are you doing today, mister?

From Ross: Well, I have a crush on this girl, and I wanna hang out with her. She said she's doing nothing today, and I'm active.

To Ross: Come on over. ;)

From Ross: What makes you think I'm talking about you? ;)

To Ross: Oh, is there someone else?

From Ross: Nope! I was talking about you, babe. Man, why are you so dang smart? I'll be over in a few.

To Ross: Okay, see you soon, cutie.

I set my phone back down and ran into my closet. Do I have anything hot to wear today? I hope so. I pulled out my clothes and ran into the bathroom. I turned on the warm shower and let it run.

I stripped and jumped in. After a short, yet warm shower, I crawled out. I dried myself off with my towel, and put on my clothes. Outfit on top. I blow dried my hair and left it naturally curly. I looked at my self in the mirror and smiled. After doing my makeup and brushing my teeth, I opened the bathroom door.

I walked back into my bedroom, looking down at my feet. I suddenly jumped when I looked up and saw Ross, chilling on my bed. I just about screamed. He scared the crap out of me.

"Geez Ross, you scared me!" I breathed. I heard him laugh. He got up and walked over to me. I hit his arm for scaring the living daylights out of me.

"Ouch," he said, looking at his arm, "A simple, hello would have worked," he groaned. I giggled and pecked his cheek. I threw the dirty pajamas into the hamper and walked over to Ross.

"Hey, I'll be back, I'm going to get a drink. You want anything, dork?" I asked. He rolled his eyes and shook his head, "Nah, I'll just share with you," he winked.

I smiled and began walking downstairs. I reached the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle. I skipped back into my room. But when I got in there, Ross was nowhere to be seen. Where is he? I looked around and didn't see him. Okay, what's happening?

"Babe?" I asked, kinda worried now. Suddenly, I was lifted into the air from behind. I squealed, causing a familiar laugh to come from the person lifting me. Ross.

"You gave me a heart attack! Don't do that," I pushed his chest, after he placed me back down on the ground. He chuckled, and reached into his pocket.

He pulled my phone out and smirked at me. No.

What did he do?