Chapter 3: "What's your name, babe?"

Melody's POV:
Friday. Today is Friday, finally. This is the day can't wait for every week. The last day of school for this week. Today, I want to have a carefree day. Just like I want any other Friday.

I don't have any plans tonight, I usually don't. I don't have many friends. Just Natalie, Jai, and the Lynch's, minus Ross. Again, he hasn't noticed me at all this week. And every day I see him with a new girl, pinning her up against the lockers. Riker and his brothers have many friends. Especially Ross. Rydel has a bunch of girls to talk to. Jai is on the football team and has tons of friends, and teammates. He could get any girl he wants. And as for Natalie and I, well, we have each other. That's all we really need. Each other.

So, tonight, like any other night, I'll sit up in my room, reading a new book, with my door shut and lock, blocking out the world. I love to read, so that wears off time. I can't text Natalie, her phone is broken. Jai has a football game. Maybe I'll ask if Rydel wants to hang out. Yeah right, like my dad will let me out of the house.

I did my normal routine. I got a shower and then hopped out, clean and ready for the day. I put on a pair of high waisted shorts, and a black shirt with flowers. I threw on my black converse. (Outfit on top.)

I did my hair and makeup. Another morning full of success. I slowly crept down the stairs when I heard my father's loud, abnoxious snoring. I did the same thing I do every morning, grab a water bottle and make a run for it. I raced out the door and stopped when I saw the beautiful sunrise. I snapped a picture with my phone and started walking. The breeze was cool this morning, but it felt nice. It would send a shiver down my spine now and then. I took in the scent of the outside air. It's smelled of leaves and flowers. Nature.

I remember when I was just a little girl, my mom would take me for walks. Sometimes we would walk by the creek, or just down the street. We would pick flowers for each other, and race down the road. We would see rabbits hopping around and see squirrels running up the trees. We would hear crickets sometimes and the croaks of a frog. The bees would be on some of the flowers and my mom and I used to examine them while they collected pollen. I miss those days. Back then, my father was happy, and he loved me. I just wish it didn't have to end.

Tears welled up in my eyes as all of the memories came back to me. I could just picture my mom and I as I was walking. Are old times together. I guess for me, those were the good old days. Everyone was happy. And when I reached Natalie's house, I had a vision of me, from when I was younger. I would come over to her house for play dates and sleep overs. We had so much fun. And as we grew older, those things stopped. I wish they wouldn't have. But they did.

I knocked on her door faintly. She walked out dress beautifully as always. She was wearing a pair of white shorts and a loose, pink, silky tank, with her light pink converse. She's stunning. I've told her before, she should be a model, but no one listens to me. I guess Ross had a point when he didn't notice me all those years. I'm invisible.

We began walking again, chatting about whatever came to our minds. Our talk was mostly about exams. I was so nervous, and it turns out, I'm not the only one. Natalie is so afraid that she's gonna fail. She's so smart though, there's no way she'll fail. If anyone's gonna fail, it's gonna be me. I feel like I'm under so much pressure during exam week. I have anxiety and putting stress on top of that, well, it sucks.

We arrived at school, and I walked to my locker. Again, stuffing books in my locker is not as much fun as you think. You have to find room to fit everything and it's just a pain in the neck. I finished up what I was doing quicker than I thought. I might actually have time to study this morning. That's amazing news! I just hope I pass the exams, that's all I ask for.

I began walking down the hallway, expecting to see Ross making out with Cara, and then I would gag, and then continue walking to class, but I didn't. I saw something I didn't like at all. The jerk has my best friend, pinned up against the wall, trying to get some of her lips. Can't he not have one girl. Like, this kid needs the whole school. I walked a little closer and saw a worried expression on Natalie's face. Like I said before, I don't put up with people's bull. If you mess with my friends, you mess with me.

"Hey," I spat. They both looked in my direction. Natalie looked relieved and, well, I don't know what Ross's face meant. I just don't understand that kid in general.

"Ah, and who's this pretty lady?" Ross grinned, still keeping ahold of Nat. Oh god, the things I wanna do to that kid right now.

"That doesn't matter right now. I wanna know why your hands are on my best friend?" I asked, starting to get ticked. I will not put up with this. He's gonna let her go or-

"That's none of your concern, unless you wanna take her place," he put on an evil smirk. I rolled my eyes. Okay, that's it. I have an idea.

"Sure," I crossed my arms over my chest. He nodded and let go of Natalie. He walked over to me and place his large, strong hands on my waist.

"What's your name, babe?" He asked. I sighed and closed my eyes and my back hit the lockers. I could feel his warm breath on my neck, sending me shivers.

"Melody," I simply answered. He nodded and planted a soft kiss on my neck, leaving a trail of them. For a minute, I didn't do anything, then I kneed him where the sun doesn't shine. He groaned and put his hand there, holding it. He backed away from me and I scurried off.

Natalie laughed as I walked over to her, "You showed him. Thanks Mel,"

"Anytime," I replied.

We linked arms and began walking towards class that we were probably gonna be late to. Oh well, that was fun. That idiot knows who I am know. He even knows my name. Ha!

We'll just see if he messes with me or my friends again...