Chapter 6: "A boy,"

Melody's POV:
I stormed out of last period, still upset about earlier today. I don't know why I'm mad. I mean, I know I have a crush on him and all, but I don't wanna be with that. I want a strong relationship with someone who loves me. I wanna be able to trust that person, and that person is not Ross. I can't believe I somewhat liked it when he had me pinned against that locker. How gently he kissed my neck. But I
really love that he called me beautiful. That made me feel so good. It was like, a weird tingly feeling inside. I never thought I would feel that with Ross, let alone let him touch me. His touch was so soft and gentle. His big, large, strong hands were smooth. The way he held me. I can't stop thinking about it. It will randomly pop up into my head. I need to just, let it go.

As I shut my locker and began walking towards the exit. I haven't seen Natalie all day. Only this morning when we walked to school. I miss my best friend. I need someone to talk to. And I can't text her, her phone is broken. Stupid technology. As I walked out the big doors, I saw Riker again. I wonder if he'll give me a ride home. I don't feel like walking all by myself.

I walked up to the cute blonde boy. He smiled a million dollar smile as I approached him. My smile grew as well. I didn't expect what happened next, but it happened. I pulled Riker into a big bear hug. I just need a hug right now. Riker gives really good hugs too. My face was buried in his chest and he didn't seem to mind. I owe him.

"Riker, will you drive me home? Please," I pleaded with puppy dog eyes. He chuckled and nodded.

"Oh my god, thank you so much!" I practically screamed at him. I laughed once more. We stood there talking for a few minutes until I heard a familiar voice, yelling Riker's name.

"Riker!" I saw Ross running this way. Shoot. I don't wanna see him ever again, didn't make that clear! He came closer and closer, so I grabbed onto Riker's hand. I looked and saw him smiling at our intertwined fingers. He arrived right in front of us and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Melody," he said, almost in a whisper. I looked down and let a wet tear stream down my cheek. I still don't understand why I'm crying, it makes no sence. I heard him sigh, which caused me to look up. He saw my stained cheeks and raised a hand. He used the pad of his thumb and wiped away the tears. What's happening? Why is he being so nice? I didn't think he cared. All he wanted was to take me home and use me, then leave me. I'm being stupid.

I looked up at Riker, "I'll be in the car," I said, kissing his arm. He smiled and nodded. I started to walk around the car.

"Melody, wait," his angelic voice was so soft and quiet. He sounded so innocent. I don't wanna do this anymore. I've only, really known him for like, three days, and I'm already crying over him. It's not normal, I'm not normal.

I turned around and shook my head at him, "Bye Ross," I mumbled. I ran to the passenger side and slid into the seat.

I looked out the windshield and watched as Riker and Ross talked, brother to brother. Riker shook his head once, looking down. Ross looked down the whole time, he seemed, sad. Ross Lynch, sad? Nah! Not even possible! His head was down as he walked away as well. Maybe someone in his family died. Or one of his friends. Riker opened his door and plopped himself right down on the seat. He sighed as he turned the key in the ignition. I wonder what's wrong?

As we rode along, there was no music. He didn't turn. On the radio. So I hummed a random tune and stared at my legs. I still couldn't get sad Ross out of my mind. I felt kinda bad, even though I can't stand him. He wanted to use me just like all of his other barbie dolls. I'm not gonna be like them. I don't want Ross to only come to me when he's active. I refuse to be used.

We arrived at my place not long afterwards. I looked at my house again. Hasn't changed since yesterday. The same place I grew up. The car stayed silent until I decided I should thank Riker. We did a quick, sweet hug. I pulled myself out of his car and began walking. I reached my doorstep and the door cracked as I opened it. Shoot! I'm really not in the mood to deal with him today.

"Come in here, my little disgrace," he called from the living room. I'm a disgrace. Yeah, I already knew that. I slowly made my way into the cold room with an even colder person in it. He started at me with curious eyes. Oh shoot, he probably saw Riker.

"Who was that?" he spat. Oh, Uh it was a guy that goes to my school and is really sweet and I kinda, sorta like him.

"Riker," I said. He shook his head.

"A boy," he grumbled. His hand raised and he slapped my cheek. I felt the sting. It started to burn. I felt tears start to fall, so I raced up the steps.

This time, I slammed my door. I locked it and threw my bag across the room. I fell to my knees and began sobbing into my hands. I got up and looked in my mirror. I had a red mark on my cheek where he slapped me. Great, what am I gonna tell Natalie and Jai? What am I gonna tell the Lynch's? What am I gonna tell Ross?

I hate my life...