Honing Skills

I was with Itachi, a bit far from the base. He had brought some things that would be essential for these two days, training session. One we got to where we needed to be, there was large ground with a fairly medium sized lake.

"Now, first I want you to insert your chakra into these" Itachi says holding two slips of paper in front of me.

I did the first one. It began to sway side to side. Itachi then held the second paper towards me.

I insert my chakra into that one and it began to drench in water.

"Hn.." Was all Itachi said before slipping the papers into his pouch. "Your second element is water" Itachi started off.

"First, we will focus on you using water element"

"But I don't know how to use water element, I never had any experience for it!" I tell him.

"You have some experience, here is a scroll that will help. Just get the basics down, at least one jutsu and Kisame will aid you with the rest" Itachi informs.

"Now stand at the center of the water, focus, concentrate, visualize your element within you, connect to your water element chakra, perform your jutsu. We will not go on to the next session until you've passed this one" Itachi says.

I nodded. He stayed quiet before he smirked, disappearing into a flock or ravens.

I open the scroll as it showed how to use water jutsu; Mizu.. I started with the first jutsu on the list.

I walked to the center of the lake, the chakra in my feet kept me balanced on the water.

I began to weave the hang signs for the jutsu. "Water style: rising death droplet no jutsu!" I shout.

As I performed the jutsu, the water bubbled a bit but soon fell back in place.

So I tried again. "Water style: rising death droplet no jutsu!" I shout again. Yet the same the happened. The water bubbled as if it was being heated until it fell back in place.

I sighed trying again, and again. And again.

After many attempts it began to get dawn. I was very low on chakra and exhausted. But each time, I progressed little by little on each attempt.

I panted heavily as I bent over with my hands on my knees. My chakra in my feet was slowly fading away.

Like a light bulb losing it's energy.. "Just.. One.. More... I-I can do it.." I panted deeply, as I slowly began to weave the hand signs.

"Water style..-" before I could finish, there was a jolt inside of me before everything slowly began to go black.

All I know was I was falling before everything went black.

~Itachi's POV~

I sat in a tree, my eyes were closed, my arms were crossed. I was seated in a comfortable position as I watched and listen to [Name] trained.

She's been at it all day and hasn't stopped yet. That's what I like about her. She fights and never gives up, even when things aren't at it's best.

It brought back memories. Back in Konoha with father.. mother.... And Sasuke. As a family.

It reminded me when Sasuke was at it all day. Practicing on the fire style jutsu.

I smile to myself. What wonderful days back then.. I was only broken out of my thoughts when is heard [Name] perform the jutsu but stopped.

That's when I heard a splash. I quickly open my eyes, looking where [Name] was standing.

She was gone.. I watched seeing if she would come up. But I saw no bubbles or any movement of life showing up.