An Old.. Friend

Kisame didn't seem to have a problem showing off his techniques, when I didn't seem to get the exercise down.

After he finished, he stood up properly, grinning. "That's how it's done" he chuckled.

"But you're not putting enough chakra into it. Each jutsu has a certain amount of chakra that needs to be executed. You're not putting enough chakra into it. If you put to much chakra, you'll just drown yourself in water. Wasting chakra" Kisame informed.

"I'm not your average water jutsu teacher but I can try my best" Kisame says.

"You'll know how much chakra you need to use when the water rises into the air. Balance your chakra for as long as you can until you're use to it. Your chakra concentration and amount that you're putting into it should not waver. Keep it steady" Kisame advised.

I nodded as I look at the water. Standing in place where I was, I swiftly weave the hand signs to the jutsu.

~Deidara's POV~

During the long hours of wait until [Name] was done training, me and Hakuzu decided to go into town and do some shopping.

Mostly for food and more weapons. Though, I had to go on a short trip to Iwagakure to gather up some clay. No one has better clay than home.

Hakuzu came along with me though. He told me "I must come with you to watch over you. [Name] would want me to, to make sure you're safe" something like that.

I didn't mind much. He just stood there on guard as I search for good soil to use.

As I did so, I couldn't help but think about [Name].. And then the thought came to mind. I wonder what was it she was trying to tell me yesterday?

I knew it was something. She always says Nevermind, or it's nothing when it's something she wants to tell me, but can't get it out.

I packed my pouch full of clay, standing up to stretch. I wipe the sweat from my forehead, grinning. "This'll do. Alright, let's head back, Hakuzu". We were making our way back to our little hide out until a familiar feminine voice called me.

I thought maybe it was Kurotsuchi. But I was wrong when I turned around only to see Mai..

"Deidara it's really you!" She jumps onto me, glomping style, rubbing her cheek against mines.

"It's been a while hasn't it? You've gotten so cute since the last time I saw you!"

I struggle to try and get out of her grasp, pulling her hands off from around my neck.

"Yes it has been a while, Mai" I say in a flat tone.

She sits there interlocking her fingers, smiling at me quietly..

"Three long years.. I never thought I'd see you here of all places again.. Do you miss me?" Mai asked, skipping along with us as we start to walk.

"Don't you have somewhere to be, un?.." I asked, ignoring her question.

"Ehh? You want to get rid of me already?.. That's not nice of you Dei" Mai whines, interlocking her arms with mine.

I roll my eyes, pulling my arm out of her grasp. "What do you want Mai?" I growl through my gritted teeth.

I stop, frowning at her. She also stopped in her tracks, giving me a sad look..

"Why do you think I'm here?! I've search the past two years looking for you and this is how you treat me?! The things we had in the past, were they nothing to you-"

"The things we had in the past WERE nothing Mai! I've moved on from that point so get out of my way before I make you a victim of my art" I threat harshly.