Chapter 2

Sitting down in this dress is one of the most complicated things I think I've ever done. At any minute this dress might just rip off of me leaving me naked. I don't know what Emma was thinking putting me in this dress. It's pretty don't get me wrong, but I can barely breath. The dress has black stripes and pink stripes, made of glitter, wrapping around my body stopping at mid thigh. The designer probably got the idea for this dress from an Egyptian mummy. Cause right now I feel like I've been stuffed inside this dress.

"Done." Emma squeals while looking at me. "You look perfect Kat. You should let me do your hair and makeup everyday." Like Landon will let that happen. Emma's hair is what first pulls them in. Landon said its his favorite thing about her. They even had a fight about her wanting to cut her hair. "Aubrey get in here and look at your sister." Aubrey walks out the bathroom while putting her heels on. Well maybe more like hopping like the Easter bunny.

Once she sees me a smile makes its way on to her face. "You look like a miniature me." As the words come put her mouth the bedroom door opens to show Landon smiling, once his eyes land on me the smile quickly turns upside down.

"Absolutely not." Are the first words out of his mouth.

Landon glares at Emma. He should have known she wouldn't have let me go in jeans and a shirt. "Oh, come on Landon she looks so cute. This can be like her coming out party. No one has seen her in ages." Emma twirls the flat iron around angrily.

I would rather put on some shorts and lay on my bed reading a book. No one would miss me. It's not like they would even notice if I wasn't there. The only thing I've seen is pictures of me when I was younger in the tabloids. They just want a story from me to sell.

"Emma she looks like a whore you buy on the streets." Landon screams at her.

"You would know, wouldn't you Landon." Emma snarls at him griping my flat iron so tight her hand is turning purple.

"No I wouldn't Emma. Now get her out of that dress. She is not leaving this house dressed like a hooker. That is not how my little sister dresses." Landon gestures to me as if I'm nothing.

"I understand you won't to protect her Landon, but she's not your little sister anymore. She just turned eighteen, Kat is a woman now. I know you want to protect her, but it wasn't your fault." An eerily silence makes its way into the room when that last sentence makes its way out of Emma's mouth.

My eyes widen when I realize what she means.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-" Emma gasps.

"You know nothing. It was my job! You want to go to the party so bad then go, but if anything happens, I will make your life a living hell Emma." Landon storms out slamming the door behind him close.

"Emma you know we don't talk about that day, or anything dealing with it." Aubrey smiles at her sadly.

"I know but he beats his self up so badly over it. No body blames him for it. Not even Kat blames him. I just want him to see that no one blames him for what happened to her." Well actually it was the stupid tabloid people that put it in his head. Of course him being nineteen at the time, he believed it was his fault.

Can we get off the topic I really hate this subject? Catching Aubrey's attention she nods.

"So are we all ready for this party?" Aubrey helps me up slowly so she doesn't rip the dress.

"Yes we are." Emma straightens out her black one shoulder dress that flares out at the hips ending at her knees. Her hair seems to be in timeless curls that ends at the top of her chest completed with a black headband.