Chapter 6

"You're going to do as your told do you understand me!" Malcolm throws me against the wall sending a rippling pain through my body. "When I tell you to make a fire you make a fire. If I tell you to kiss me you kiss me. Do you understand!" Malcolm pulls my head up by my hair. "This ought to teach you a lesson." He pulls out his knife and digs it into my skin.

Sitting up I scream in horror.

It was just a nightmare, of the night I got my scar. Wiping away my tears I stumble out of bed. Walking into the hallway, I make my way to the stairs. Slowly walking down I make it halfway just as thunder shakes the house causing me to slip and scream. Grabbing the rail I hold on for dear life.

I hate thunder storms.

Gripping the rail tightly the rest of the way down I walk quickly into the kitchen to find it empty. Searching the whole house I find out I'm home alone at eleven thirty by myself.

Picking up a piece of paper I see it's from Amelia.

Your brother is guest staring on a show and Aubrey has a late night recording. Your mom has sent all staff home because of the thunder storm coming. I came to tell you, but you were sleeping so I didn't want to bother you. If you need me text me.

Boom!

The lights flicker and then go off just as as something hits the window outside.

If the power is out that means the generator will take ten minutes to turn on. Ten minutes unprotected. The gate could be unlocked.

Slowly I carefully walk around the house and make my way to my room. Grabbing my phone I look threw my contacts.

Amelia has a family can't call her.

Landon is on a show.

Aubrey I don't even know.

Lily probably is sleep.

Emma is probably at a club.

Parents in Miami.

Everyone else is either sleep or not leaving home.

Then there's Julian. He's probably still with that girl. Although the girl said he would do anything for me. She could have been lying.

Whack!

I jump and look at my window to see rain is pounding down on it.

"Hello?" Looking down at my phone I see I accidentally called Julian, but who answered his phone? "Hello who is this?" She asks again. "If your one of those hoes calling he is not available." She sneers then hangs up.

Who was she? Is Julian sleeping with her? Why does she have his phone?

Great now I sound like a concerned girlfriend.

My phone rings and Julian's name pops up on the screen. Pressing the answer button I hear a sigh.

"Hey sorry that was my sister." He's sleeping with his sister? Okay that is weird. "I was in a meeting and she took my phone because people kept calling me. Did you need anything?" He asks just as something hits my window again causing me to squeal. "Are you okay?" Julian asks frantically.

No I'm not okay. I'm home alone during a thunder storm.

"Okay if yes do nothing if no click your fingers." I click my fingers frantically. "Your at home?" I say nothing. "I'm on my way." Julian hangs up leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Five minutes later the generator kicks on turning my room lights on. The door downstairs opens and slams shut. Great someone's come to kill me. What if it's him.

"Katherine!" I hear him rush upstairs. He rounds the corner into my room and his raincoat is dripping water on my floor. "It's crazy out there." He laughs walking into my bathroom and coming out without it on. Taking a deep breath I give him a shaky smile.

Why does he always look so good?

"I called your brother and he told me about your fear of thunderstorms." He throws a book on my bed making it bounce.

Why does the book say my name?

"So I got you that book." Julian climbs on the bed next to me. "It seems like no one has thought of this, but I did. You see it comes with a pen and you can talk to me threw the book." Julian opens the book and starts to demonstrate.

I can't believe he thought of this. No one has ever done anything like that. Not even my parents thought of using a book to talk to me through.

"The only thing is you have to write on the first page, I love Julian." He smiles at me. "Hey you okay?" Julian grabs my face looking at me worried.

Leaning closer I smash my lips on to his kissing him hard. Julian freezes, oh god. Pulling back I look at my sheets. I was wrong he doesn't like me.

"Hey." Julian lifts my chin then kisses my lips softly wrapping his arms around my tiny waist. He bites my lip making my heart flutter as I wrap my arms around his neck.

Julian leans me back on my bed still kissing me. He bites my lip again then slips his tongue in. Our lips mold together like they were meant for each other. Moving my right arm down his chest he moans. He softly moves to lay on top of me kissing me fiercely. 

Suddenly he pulls my sleep shorts off leaving me in my thong making me freeze.

I push my hands against his chest till he stops. Julian freezes so I push him off and run into my bathroom locking the door.

Did I really just do that?