Chapter 5

"Girls it is a simple move. Run, run small jeté run, run big jeté." My dance teacher yells at us. "If you take it seriously you wouldn't mess it up. As usual the only person doing it right is Katherine. Do I need to make the company just one person?" She yells at us.

"No." All the girls murmur.

"All the lower level girls look up to you all. You are the company. The company that has won all three competitions this year. I expect you to take this seriously. I recently got a call from a dance company in Russia asking to dance with the best in the winter dance. I'm thinking after this class I should decline." If a company from Russia is calling they have to be pretty big.

"But Miss. this could be a really big opportunity." Lily looks at me and rolls her eyes. Our teacher may be harsh, but it works when the girls aren't doing what they need to do. There was this one time when I messed up and she yelled at me, and forced me to to the dance by myself. It was horrible. I had to do it till I finally got it right and from then on I never spaced out in class.

"Do the dance one more time and we will see. If it's good you all can go home." She says just as she gasps. All eyes follow to where she is looking. Why does he always have to pop up everywhere I go. First the coffee shop, then my house, and now my dance studio. Jesus help me I have a stalker.

"Hi ladies." Julian winks causing one girl to almost faint.

"You're J-Julian the actor." Lily stutters making me surprised. She has never talked about him, although I only see her once a month since I don't leave the house much. She usually picks me up and drives me to practice since no one knows her car.

"Why are you here?" Another dancer asks.

"Well I am here to pick up Katherine." All twelve heads turn to me.

"Why her?" One asks.

"Okay class back to what we were doing." My teacher snaps out of her daze and runs class again. Miss. pats her chair telling him to sit in it making us gawk at her. She never ever lets anyone sit on her chair. Not even her assistant that shows up from time to time. The last person that sat in the chair, well they were put on probation. They didn't get to perform at six competitions, but they still has to come and dress up, and sit in the audience.

"Okay class now begin." Miss. turns the music on and we start the dance. By the time we finish I'm sweating worse than a guy in a sauna.

"That was good girls, class over." I walk in the changing rooms and take off my tights and leotard and put on my shorts  and oversized grey sweatshirt that says, 'Dance is the way I speak' in pink, I obviously relate to it so I bought it. Putting my black tennis shoes on and my hair in a ponytail I grab my bag and walk out.

In the front of the room is Julian surrounded by my dance mates. Putting my head down I try to walk out with out causing attention. Of course me being me I trip over a bag and land on my face.

"Hey Katherine are you okay?" Julian rushes over while the girls giggle at me, as he helps me up. I nod my head and rub my elbow. Did I mention I was clumsy.

"Are you sure?" He asks worried. I nod again and try to push past him. "Hey are you crying?" I can feel everyone's eyes on me.

"She's such a baby." One of the girls whisper.

"Hey don't listen to them okay." Julian rubs my arms. "Let me see." He pulls my sleeve up and kisses my elbow. "It's just a bruise." He smiles at me making my heart flutter.

Maybe he isn't as bad as they say he is, but those text messages. I can still see them in the back of my mind.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this very cute moment, but Katherine I'm ready to go if you are." Lily smiles at me then looks at Julian lustfully.