Chapter 8

To say I am shocked that they could transform me into a person that I am not is an understatement. I look like a totally different person. A person that can overcome her past. The only problem is that I can never escape my past. Not even in my dreams.

"If I was a guy would fuck you." Lily finishes the last curl and wipes away a fake tear.

Only my Lily would tell me that as she is curling my hair. "My baby is all grown up." Emma smiles. "You're gonna have all the boys falling at your feet." The only guy I would want falling at my feet is Julian.

"Well we're gonna get dressed go sit with Julian. He keeps texting me to see you." Grabbing my clutch I walk out my parents master bathroom to see Julian standing right outside the door.

He slowly looks up at me just staring before it seems to click in his mind that I am Katherine. "Amazing." Julian stares at me wide eyed. "I'm gonna have to beat the boys off of you tonight." He grabs my hand softly.

Julian leads me to the family room to sit down.

"Look at my beautiful sister." Landon walks in fixing his tie. "Julian you better stay by her side tonight." Landon  kisses my head then checks his phone.

"Don't worry no one will hurt Rine." Julian pulls me into his side smiling down at me. "I won't leave here alone for even a second." I really hope he sticks to his word. I am going to need someone to bail me out of speaking to curious people.

I've been the talk of the town for years and now that I am finally leaving the house people will only want to talk to me. Wanting to know what really happen. Wanting to know if they can get me to talk. The last thing I want to do is have random people coming up to me wanting information about my life.

Life still amazes me sometimes.

It amazes me how someone I just met is capable to care about me. Every touch and smile Julian gives me; makes me feel a sense of happiness. I feel as if I could do anything with him by my side. It feels as if I am in a dream. No one could possibly care this much about me. It just doesn't make sense. It only happens in the books. Books aren't real. This is real life and real life is not easy. No one just comes out of the blue and starts to care about me. It has to be all a dream. A dream that I hope will never end.

"Enough with the love fest." Emma walks in separating the two of us. "Picture moment." Pictures just what every girl likes to take. I use to love pictures, but I hate them now. They are suppose to hold memories; good memories. Memories that you want to treasure forever. That's what he did. He said he wanted to treasure me.

I just hate pictures.

We do a all girls photo, a family photo, all guys photo, then just me and Julian.

"I'm sending these to mom." Aubrey speaks up ruining the mood.I can't even look at her. I can't trust my sister. I don't even know if she is my sister anymore. I don't know her anymore.

No one says a word as Aubrey starts typing away on her phone. "The limo is here." Landon holds the door as we all walk out. Once in the limo everyone starts talking about past red carpet events leaving me out. Every single one of them have been on the red carpet. Everyone except me and Lily have been to a red carpet event. It wouldn't be awkward if they were including me, and not just Lily.

I can't really blame them though. It's hard to include the mute girl in conversations. You won't get an answer.

"One time my dress got stepped on and it ripped in the back. Good thing I had a back up dress, or some news reporters would have had some really good pictures." Everyone laughs along with Emma. Looking out the window I get a great view of the Hollywood sign.