Chapter 9

Why did I agree to come with them? Oh, wait I didn't. Landon forced me out of my bed this morning. Now I'm stuck spending the day with these crazy people.

"Where should we go next?" Lily asks while sipping on her coffee. "I would love to go to the beach or to the pool. Either one I'm fine." Drinking my drink I sigh.  "Or we could do laser tag." I've never been good at laser tag.

The girls wanted a girls day and I wanted a day to sleep in. 

"Are you ladies okay?" The barista walks over to our table.

"Yes, we're just leaving." Emma's friend says, as we all stand up.

"You ladies have a nice day." We walk out onto the sidewalk, then get into Emma's car. Well it's actually Landon's car and she stole it out of the garage. Another fight I am guessing.

"Are we going to the beach?" Lily asks while getting in the car. I slide in after her then close the door.

"Yes."  Emma's friend says while sitting in the front. I can't really remember her name. All I know is she is about twelve and Emma might be babysitting her. She told me, but I was to distracted about the new book coming out tomorrow. I have been waiting for that book to come out since last year. Mom said she was going to buy it, and get it signed by the author, since she will be having lunch with him.

"So Katherine how did you like the award show?" I shrug and look out the window.

"Yes!" Emma slams on the brakes, causing people behind us to blow their car horns.

"Don't do that while I'm driving Hilary." So that's her name.

"I can't help it. Everyone is talking about Julian Valdez photo shoot that just came out and he is so sexy." I squirm in my seat trying not to make it obvious.

"Well everyone knows that." Emma pulls back on the road and heads to the beach.

"Except in this one he is modeling underwear." He didn't tell me it was that kind of photo shoot. "He should have my babies." This girl needs to learn some manners. She is way to young to be having babies with Julian. He would be put in jail for having an intimate relationship with her.

"Hilary shut up you're making Katherine uncomfortable." She's doing more than that.

"Why would she be uncomfortable? Unless when you introduced me to her,  you didn't say she was freaking Katherine Carson sister of Landon Carson and rumored to be dating Julian Valdez!" This is why I stay in my room. "Look." Hilary turns around to show me a picture of Julian and I from last night.

"So I'm going to guess you are a big fan." Lily says sarcastically.

"Yes I am. I've been following Julian and her relationship since the coffee accident." I prefer when she didn't even look at me or acknowledge me.

Shortly later we pull up to the beach. Emma pulls in between the two black vans that have our bodyguards in them.

"Okay Hilary please don't bring attention to us." Hilary nods her head excitedly as we get out.

"Let's find a spot." I follow the girls while keeping my head down. I don't want any pictures of me, although that's not going to happen. I can clearly see a person taking pictures of me, trying to act like they're just a normal person.

"Right here should be fine." Everyone lays there towels down and we sit on them.

"Lily come with me to swim." Hilary and Lily walk off leaving me and Emma.

"Hey Kat where is your phone?" At home as always. I have no use for it. "Your mom keeps texting me asking if I had to drag you out of the house. Apparently there are a lot of pictures of us online already." Just what I need. People following me around to ask more questions about my life and my almost non existent love life. Well I guess you could call it that. Emma and I sit under the sun and silently watching the paparazzi take photos of us. Some discretely and others not.

"You lucky bitch." What's her name again screams running up to me with Lily following after her.

"What is it now Hilary." I seriously need to get my brain checked out. I can't even remember the poor girl's name.

"Julian Valdez asked you out!" She screams making my eyes widen in shock. How does she know that?

"Hilary shut up. Are you trying to get us in trouble?" It's a little to late for that. Cameras start clicking faster. My security team rushed us to the car leaving them to gather our belongings as we speed off. "I tried to tell mom you were trouble, but she made me take you with me." Wait, she's Emma's little sister?

"You have a little sister? Why didn't we know about this?" Lily asks in excitement.

"She's embarrassing." Emma grumbles.

"Well let's get back on the topic of Katherine. Did Julian actually ask you out with a puppy? Cause if he did you are so lucky. I have posters of him on my wall holding a puppy and I just would die to be with him holding a puppy and to kiss me, then we can-"

"Hilary you are too young to talk about sex. I am so telling mom when I take you home." Hilary says some things under her breath.

"So is it true?" Lily stares at me.

Why is everyone so interested in us?

So what if he asked me out?
So what if I said yes?
So what if I said no?

I'm not that interesting.

"Everyone wants to know what you said." Emma's sister shows me her phone. A lot of people are commenting under something my brother posted which is of me and Julian from the award show. The caption says 'protective brother mode.'

So from one little post they suspect that Julian asked me to be his girlfriend?

"Now I want to know what you said." Emma joins in while I keep quiet. "Lily go in my phone and text Julian. I don't trust Hilary." Lily goes threw her phone then a couple minutes later she starts smiling and screaming.

"What did he say? Let me see." Hilary whines.

"She said yes!" Oh Lord help me.