Chapter 15

"I'm home!" I hear mom yell followed by a door slam. A few seconds later I hear her walking around. "There you are." She says sitting next to me on the couch. Yawning I look up to see her staring at me. "Baby why are you still asleep?" She asks moving my hair out of my face.

"Mom be quiet we're trying to sleep." Landon groans from somewhere.

"This is my house so shut up. I'm still your mother." Where's Julian?

"So Katherine come on and get up your wasting day light." Mom sits me up. "That goes for you two to. Everyone up." No one moves. "Tye!" First there's the scratching of the feet on the wood floors, then the barking starts.

Groaning I sit up and rub my eyes. Looking around I see Landon on the chair and Emma on the other side of the room hanging off the chair.

That's a little funny.

"So I heard someone is going to Paris." Mom squeals as she drags me out of the room. "I'm so excited that your finally moving on. Do you know how long I've waited for you to get over that man? Gosh I've been waiting on Julian forever to come." She rambles on and on about my past making me go stiff.

"Stop!" Dad shouts turning around, slamming his coffee cup on the counter, while glaring at mom. "I know your happy, but you don't need to bring up the past." Dad screams at her.

"I'm not. I'm just telling her how her moving on is making me so happy." Oh gosh not again.

"Whatever." He sighs going back to his coffee.

"Katherine are you going to the studio?" Mom turns back to me. "Julian left this little not for you." Mom holds up a napkin with sloppy hand writing.

He probably knew I would forget.

"Rine don't forget to stop by the studio today. I'll see you later and sorry you didn't get to wake up with me." Mom reads. "Then he writes X's and O's. Isn't he just the cutest?" My mom is a little on the crazy side. "And since when did he call you Rine?" It's not like Rhinestone it's more like Ren. I just smile and nod though.

"I'm thinking that Katherine should go to the studio now." Dad jumps into the conversation.

"She hasn't had breakfast yet darling." Just then Amelia walks in with my keys.

"Here's your keys Katherine." She puts them in my hands and walk away.

"Will you be okay to drive in your boot?" That's a good question. I think I should be fine though. Nodding my head my parents both give me skeptical looks.

"Okay well go take a shower and change first, and be careful it's raining." Walking upstairs into my room I take a quick shower then change into a black long sleeve short that Emma bought for me and pair with with high rise skinny jeans and my white sneakers. Pulling my hair in a quick bun I walk back down stairs.

Waving at both of my parents I walk to the garage and start my car. Letting the garage up I backup and start on my way to the studio. Once I'm at the studio I go straight to the front desk.

"Hi how may I help you?" She asks as she looks up. Just great. It's Natalia. "Or how I can't help you." She puts her head back towards her computer screen and starts typing continually.

"Natalia!" Both of our heads snap up to see a angry man.

"Yes boss?" She squeaks.

"Do you not see a person standing in front of you?" He asks stepping forward. "Your job is to sit at this desk and direct people where they need to go and you can't even do that. Do I need to put on you on cleaning duty?" I'm sure she wouldn't want to ruin her nails.