Chapter 10

"I can't believe that my little Kat is growing up. Who knew I would live to see that day that Katherine Carson would get a boyfriend. It's a miracle honestly, Christmas has come early this year. We should have a party to celebrate. I know just the right person too. She threw this amazing party last year that everyone was talking about. She could even do glow in the dark bubbles." Emma has been rambling on ever since they found out I said yes.

It's not that big of a deal, I'm just giving it a try. Julian seems to care about me. Hopefully he won't mess up or break my heart. If he does, I'm not going to go there. I spent last night researching him and the list if girls he's been with scares me.

This is my first relationship and I am already going into doubting it. In the books that is never a good sign. They will always fail if you don't put faith in the relationship. Looking down at my hands I start to twiddle my thumbs. Did I just make the biggest mistake of my life?

"Emma shut up, and stop your rambling okay. We don't want to get into too much of her business." Lily jokes. "Although she might finally lose her V-card." Everyone in the car laughs at the thought of me being intimate, besides Emma.  

If only they knew.

"Hey why are we stopping?" Looking out the window I see were at Emma's house.

Emma puts the car in park before she turns around to look at us. "Because the two of you are getting out of my car. I want to spend some time with my best friend and I don't appreciate the two of you making fun of her." Emma unlocks the door as her sister and Lily get out.

Before we pull off Emma's sister turns around and yells. "I'm telling mom."

"Go ahead. You know she won't believe you."'Emma laughs. "She never does." 

"I hate you." She screams then runs up to her front door. Lily quietly follows after her.

"Get in the front." Getting out the car I sit in the front seat, before I can even buckle up Emma speeds off. "Those two have no idea what they are talking about. I just want to rip there heads off." What is she talking about?

Emma starts rambling again about how much she wants to hit something and I just hope it's not me. Soon enough we arrive at Landon's house.

Reaching for the handle Emma grabs my arm. "I know Katherine." She says while turning off the engine. "I know what he did and I know what you did. I can't say I agree with it, but I know you couldn't stand it. I want you to know that I stand by you." It takes me a minute to understand what she's referring to but when I do my mouth drops open. "You can't hide anything from me. I'm your best friend." That's my deepest darkest secret, how could she possibly know?

I never told anyone what happened. The reports are in my room in a place no one would ever look. My file has been locked so not even a judge could view it. The Mayor couldn't even open my file. It's top secret. The people who did read it locked it for two reasons. I was a minor when it happened, and my story was so gut wrenching they thought no one ever needs to know what happened while I was gone. Not even my parents know. So how could she possibly know, unless she was snooping around in my room.

"When we were sixteen I went into your room while you slept. I wanted to know what was so interesting about books. You were always reading, and i always found them boring. I wanted to know why my best friend found books more entertaining than me? When I pulled one book out the one next to it fell and some files fell out." I know where this is going. "Knowing me I had to open them. What I read in those pages had me sobbing on your bedroom floor. No one should have to go through what you did. Katherine you need to tell someone." If I can barely handle it, no one else can.

My dad would probably break down in tears and then go on a rampage. Hunting down the man that did this to there daughter. 

My mom would probably cry for days and lock herself in her room. Never coming out of her room unless forced to.

My brother would go with me everywhere and then try to kill the man responsible. He would blame himself for not keeping a better eye on me. 

The paparazzi would have a field day with my story, finding it a good story to make some quick and easy money. Next thing you know some company is making my life into a movie, then they'll write a book or ask me to write a book. I would want my story to be a lesson for people to cherish the people you love, not to make a couple bucks off someone.

"At least think about it please." Emma says as she gets out of the car.

No matter what she asks I'll never tell anyone what happened. You'll have to pry it from my mind. Because none of them know how dangerous her really is. I spent enough time with him to scare me for an eternity. He is a criminal for a living. There was a reason no one found me for so long. 

If he had a choice I would still be with him and that is what truly scares me. He could come and take me back at any moment. He is always watching and calculating his next move. He is a mastermind that no one crosses and if you do; you don't live to see the next day. I saw and learned a lot in those woods and just knowing that he wants me back is enough to lock my self in the house for a couple more years.